PDA

View Full Version : anybody interested in a ride to central city?

FALCONSEYE
Sun Sep 27th, 2009, 09:55 AM
I just talked to a buddy of mine from my old work. We will take a "quick ride" to Central City. I will be leaving around 11:15 from I25 and Colorado Blvd to meet him in Lakewood. Anybody else wants to join? Give me a call...

FALCONSEYE
Mon Sep 28th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Wow, It was fun. Is that what you call canyon carving? I got nervous moments. Trying to keep up with a much more experienced guy and the jeep behind me didn't help either. I think I saw at least 100 riders out there. Sorry, if I didn't greet you, it was because I was holding tight.

Need to edit the video and post it over here. I couldn't believe my eyes how far we were leaning.

asp_125
Mon Sep 28th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Wow, It was fun. Is that what you call canyon carving? I got nervous moments. Trying to keep up with a much more experienced guy and the jeep behind me didn't help either. I think I saw at least 100 riders out there. Sorry, if I didn't greet you, it was because I was holding tight.

Need to edit the video and post it over here. I couldn't believe my eyes how far we were leaning.

I know you're working on it, ride your own ride. Go at a speed where you feel in total control. It's common for newbies to be pressured to keep up or be too concerned with cars behind. Relax and go your own pace. Glad you got a taste of the twisties.

MetaLord 9
Mon Sep 28th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Is that what you call canyon carving?
Well, that kinda depends on which roads ya took! If it was 25 to 70...then no, I wouldn't call it canyon carving, but if you took squaw pass through Idaho Springs to Central City Pkwy, than hells yeah! :D

Glad you had fun mang!

FALCONSEYE
Mon Sep 28th, 2009, 08:27 AM
I have to ask him what route we took. We were on 6 to Golden, than took a "left" and it was a two lane road. It was impossible to see more than 20 ft on some of the turns. There were couple 360 turns. We stopped at a cemetery. I took some pix. Hope to post it here soon. Oh well, anybody wanna ride this coming Sunday?

Sean
Mon Sep 28th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Congrats man! It sounds like twisty's to me. :up:

ride your own ride. Go at a speed where you feel in total control. This is the best advise you can get. Don't worry about keeping up and don't worry about the jeep behind you. If they want to get by you, they will.

DeeStylez
Mon Sep 28th, 2009, 09:24 AM
I have to ask him what route we took. We were on 6 to Golden, than took a "left" and it was a two lane road. It was impossible to see more than 20 ft on some of the turns. There were couple 360 turns. We stopped at a cemetery. I took some pix. Hope to post it here soon. Oh well, anybody wanna ride this coming Sunday?

When you feel more comfortable try the I-70 route, :up:

FALCONSEYE
Mon Sep 28th, 2009, 10:00 AM
I took I25 to the 6th going up there. I25 is a challenge for me. I felt much more comfortable on 6th. It's probably because of the awesome asphalt and less traffic. On my way back, I was facing a very strong wind on 6th. So, I ended up getting off at Federal and taking side roads back to home.

FALCONSEYE
Tue Sep 29th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Well, that kinda depends on which roads ya took! If it was 25 to 70...then no, I wouldn't call it canyon carving, but if you took squaw pass through Idaho Springs to Central City Pkwy, than hells yeah! :D

Glad you had fun mang!

This is what he said:
we took hwy 6 to hwy 46(golden gate canyon), left on hwy 119(peak to peak highway),left on hwy 6(clear creek canyon) back to golden.

Let's do this on Saturday. Anybody?