PDA

View Full Version : Instructors?

MSienkiewicz
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 11:01 AM
I'm looking for a certified, private instructor for one, perhaps two lessons. Anyone out there? I'll be riding a R6.
Please PM me.
Thanks.

Hoopty
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 11:05 AM
Certified? :wtf: I don't think any instructors are certified around here, but I could be wrong. :dunno: Talk to Mark Shellinger of the MRA, or check out Mike Pettiford of GO4IT racing.

UglyDogRacing
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 11:09 AM
MSF instructors are certified but I don't think there are any certifications out there for track riding.

MSienkiewicz
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 11:15 AM
Wasn't sure about "certification." :roll:
Any riders out there who tout themselves as "instructors?"

PS Thanks for the comments.

ebazyl
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 11:19 AM
Hoopty could probably show you some baisics, like dragging the knee, elbow, helmet ...

He's good.

Anonymous
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 11:20 AM
Not sure what certifications you're looking for (MSF?), but in addition to Mark Schellinger (vanmarracing.com (http://www.vanmarracing.com/))& Mike Pettiford (Go4itServices.com (http://www.go4itservices.com/)), Ricky Orlando (MRA #1 plate holder during 2004) also offers private instruction & MRA Race License Certification: RickyOrlando.com (http://www.rickyorlando.com/).

If it's your first time on a track, you may want to consider some informal instruction - there are plenty of us that would be willing to give you pointers for free.

MSienkiewicz
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 11:30 AM
Been to the track a couple of times on my Ducati and some folks were very kind and supportive (so much that I'm ready to dive into racing).

I picked up a R6 the other day and I expect this to be a different beast so I was hoping to rid myself of "bad habits" from the get go.

Thanks for the insight. Looking forward to meeting some of you folks in the near future.

Anonymous
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 11:35 AM
Been to the track a couple of times on my Ducati and some folks were very kind and supportive (so much that I'm ready to dive into racing).

I picked up a R6 the other day and I expect this to be a different beast so I was hoping to rid myself of "bad habits" from the get go.

Thanks for the insight. Looking forward to meeting some of you folks in the near future.
Awesome! :up: Welcome to the addiction! 8)

Lel
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 01:03 PM
NIIICE welcome to the addiction!

Both Schellinger and Orlando are awesome instructors; give either of them a call.

lel

Hoopty
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 01:14 PM
Let me know, Matt. :)

Anonymous
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 03:13 PM
Try the MRA new racer school. It'll fix your bad habits and you get some really good track time out of it. Pretty cheap too! We have a class this weekend, and another on the 16th.

Hoopty
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 03:54 PM
He is already planning to do the one on the 16th, I believe. :)

jplracing
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 04:17 PM
I too recommend Mark Schellinger. He makes it easy to understand and brings you along at your pace. Worth every penny!

Just my .02

Joe

MSienkiewicz
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the help!

R1Blue01
Fri Apr 1st, 2005, 08:02 AM
I too recommend Mark Schellinger. He makes it easy to understand and brings you along at your pace. Worth every penny!

Just my .02

Joe
I agree, as well. He's good people and is willing to help everyone. It always helps when you can have someone explain it in simple, understandable terms. Good luck.

ebazyl
Fri Apr 1st, 2005, 10:28 AM
I recomend Mark Newby...he will teach you everything about:
Tire presure
Vietnam War
Dunlop

that you will ever need to know.

:lol: Just joking...Schellenger or Orlando are both great. Don't know anything about Petiford (might let you use his bikes)

UglyDogRacing
Fri Apr 1st, 2005, 10:35 AM
I recomend Mark Newby...he will teach you everything about:
Tire presure
Vietnam War
Dunlop

that you will ever need to know.

And the your lap times will increase by 2 seconds and you will not crash if you buy tires from him. :lol:

ebazyl
Fri Apr 1st, 2005, 10:41 AM
:lol: Forgot about that... good catch.

:hibye: For those that do no know me/Mark Newby I am just kidding. He is a decent tire vendor for me in 2004 and I do not have anything against him.

Hoopty
Fri Apr 1st, 2005, 10:57 AM
:bs: :lol: Where's my boots, it's getting deep in here! :lol:

ebazyl
Fri Apr 1st, 2005, 12:03 PM
:lol: Well if they where Dunlop boots you would not slip. you might even go 2 seconds faster. :lol:

... as long as you order them in advance and pay for shipping.