PDA

View Full Version : Cornerworkers needed! Apr 9/10, RPS Advanced School

Anonymous
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 03:25 PM
On April 9/10, we are having an advanced racer school at Second Creek, put on by Racing Performance Services. Here's the dillio:

- This is NOT an MRA school or event!
- You will be paid the same as MRA events however, and we will give you lunch like normal

We need 7-8 cornerworkers. This is a school, so a light crew is ok. Any crashes and we will stop the track and deal with it, so you're there more for flagging until the bikes stop, then help pick up.

There won't be training, so some experience is necessary. (However your overall needs will be minimal - handle some flags, help with cleanup if someone wads it.)

Please let ME know if you want to come out - I do need to know in advance. Either reply here, or PM me. I'll be heading up the crew for this, even though I will be in the actual class...

EDIT: Here are the people I know of...

Saturday: Kristie, Jeff, PharmerKyle
Sunday: Kristie, Jeff, Stuart, Donna

Tentative (?): Bob and progeny

NineTwoFour
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 03:53 PM
I am also in the class, but Kristie will be able to cornerwork for ya. :up:

R1Blue01
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 04:15 PM
I might have to get in on this to help suppliment my soon-to-be-racing fund!!! I used to be a corner marshall a while back and enjoyed it. Then I started racing. I will have to check my schedule and let you know, for sure.

Thanks, Shane

Devil954
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 06:10 PM
Can I trade some cornerworking for a little track time ????

Anonymous
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 07:38 PM
Can I trade some cornerworking for a little track time ????

Not this time, sorry. The track is reserved for the school participants only, there will not be open practice at any time during that weekend. Cornerworkin is for pay only. ;)

Dysco
Fri Apr 1st, 2005, 12:15 AM
I'll be on or near the ski slopes all weekend :(

Bigtime73
Fri Apr 1st, 2005, 10:00 AM
even though I will be in the actual class...

:wtf:

Anonymous
Fri Apr 1st, 2005, 10:06 AM

:wtf: :wtf:

I am taking the class.
I am finding cornerworkers.
I'll break out of the class to deal with incidents that happen.

That's about it... ;)

Bigtime73
Fri Apr 1st, 2005, 10:14 AM

I am taking the class.

That's about it... ;)

Are you retaking the class b/c you need a license? Or are..you.....an *GULP* :o instructor??

Anonymous
Fri Apr 1st, 2005, 10:24 AM

I am taking the class.

That's about it... ;)

Are you retaking the class b/c you need a license? Or are..you.....an *GULP* :o instructor??

This isn't an MRA license class, this is an advanced school for people that know how to ride and are trying to get faster. :) I have a license, and am not skilled enough to instruct this class. Most definitely a student.

Mista Black
Sat Apr 2nd, 2005, 03:17 PM
i'm down. would be glad to help out. and since i have zero prior comments i can actually be there.

PharmerKyle
Sat Apr 2nd, 2005, 04:26 PM
There won't be training, so some experience is necessary. (However your overall needs will be minimal - handle some flags, help with cleanup if someone wads it.)

Please let ME know if you want to come out - I do need to know in advance. Either reply here, or PM me. I'll be heading up the crew for this, even though I will be in the actual class...

2 Questions:

1) I have no experience with working corners, but I know (mostly) what the flags mean. I'll re-read the MRA manual just in case there is a pop quiz. Acceptable?

2)If I do this, will I be eligible to volunteer for R2SL on days that I'm not riding?

Anonymous
Sat Apr 2nd, 2005, 08:01 PM
1) Yes, that will be fine. Actually, I'm thinking of lifting the experience requirement, however if you've never done it before you MUST be committed to being out there the entire time.

2) One really has not much to do with the other. ;) We won't have corner staff at R2SL, since we are using PPIR's contracted medical and rescue staff to handle these things - however we'll need all kinds of volunteers to do other things! Check out www.racing2savelives.org for more info.

Stuart Little
Sun Apr 3rd, 2005, 11:36 PM
Ralph ma boy, here's your friendly reminder from Stuart Little :)

Anonymous
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Bump! Please check the list in my first post to make sure it's accurate. And if you commit to coming please make sure to be there at 7am!

Mother Goose
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 03:51 PM
ralph, i may be able to help on sunday. i'll let you know later this week.

cu360r6
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 04:22 PM
I know it's not a sanctioned event, but if I cornerwork this weekend can I count it towards my novice hours? If so then I'm in.

Anonymous
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 04:24 PM
I know it's not a sanctioned event, but if I cornerwork this weekend can I count it towards my novice hours? If so then I'm in.

Nope, sorry. This will be "work for pay" only. :)

Hoopty
Tue Apr 5th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Looks like it's going to be a wet one! :shock:

PharmerKyle
Tue Apr 5th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Saturday's cool, but Sunday's out. I just need to find the 470 transponder for my bike. If you end up with a surplus of experienced people, feel free to bump me off the list and PM me. I've never done this before.

Give me a clue what to bring. So far I have the following put aside:
Motorola talkabout
Phone
Hat
Sunscreen
Camelback
Gloves (suitable for handling wreckage)

Jeff, I'll meet & ride along if you want some company.

Anonymous
Tue Apr 5th, 2005, 01:05 PM
You shouldn't need your radio, Marcus is supplying those. The rest sounds good.

Also - NO RED OR YELLOW clothing! Light colors are best. I'd also suggest some rain gear, in case that starts up. I'd imagine we're going to stop riding if it's raining and all, but it will take a few minutes to come get all of you.

Anonymous
Thu Apr 7th, 2005, 04:10 PM
FYI, this class has been postponed! NO cornerworkers will be needed this weekend, we have pushed back the date due to the big storm coming in Saturday evening and Sunday.