PDA

View Full Version : gsxr 600/750 07-08 passenger footpeg interchangability

Tue Sep 29th, 2009, 06:03 PM
pretty much what the title says. i have an 08 750 with a shorty exhaust. i am wondering whether a footpeg from an 07 bike will fit as it does not have the giant exhaust hanger (and id rather not us a grinder to remove that hunk of metal).

if it is possible (i know there is a different board 4 this) would anyone want to sell/trade this part w/ me?

ScottieFlan
Wed Sep 30th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Were you out at hpr Monday? I also have a black 08 750 with a gp1 and I saw someone with the same exact thing. Sorry I can't help out with your question I was actually wondering the same thing when I moved my pegs

ScottieFlan
Wed Sep 30th, 2009, 10:38 AM
One other thing to beware of... When I was taking my passenger pegs off there was adhesive on the bolt threads. I don't know if all bikes are that way but I put as much force behind my Alan wrench as I could and ended up screwing up the bolt (no pun intended). I got three of the bolts out no problem but I just busted the rear peg off from the 4th because i wanted to get on the track and that last bolt was stuck. Moral of the story.. The aluminum that the rear peg unit is made of is really weak. You could probably cut that bulkness off with a hack saw. I don't have any use for rear pegs because I don't even have a rear seat nor do I plan on getting one.

Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 10:52 PM
ive thought about hacksawing or grinding it off, but that would be ugly in comparison...

no wasnt at hpr - realizing since i got the bike that its quite popular, need to do some more mods to keep it unique. i have the m4 slip-on, -1 front sprocket, speedohealer, k&n, no rear pegs. i love the bike but thinking about going +2 on the rear and perhaps a few more visual mods. asking about the rear pegs tho cuz the gf is no longer pregnant and asking me when she can go for a ride on the new beauty...

i am pretty sure that 06-09 years all have compatible pegs but id like to hear from someone who has successfully swapped them before i go trading or spending $..