PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play Hockey?

kawasakirob
Tue Sep 29th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Just wondering. Will start to do some drop in coming up and wondering if anyone has a rink or club that they prefer.

64BonnieLass
Wed Sep 30th, 2009, 08:45 AM
I used to play co-ed roller hockey at the Bladium?. It was in a hanger at the old Stapleton airport.

My girlfriend Shannah who lives up there in WP also played up there, but I don't know where. Next time you see her, ask her about what she knows in your area. (she's the one with the short hair/real estate agent/ that we spoke of)

kawasakirob
Wed Sep 30th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Yeah I saw her the other day and told her you said hi. She is a pretty cool chick. We have an outdoor half rink in Fraser that we skate around on, but thats it.

JonnyD
Wed Sep 30th, 2009, 11:27 AM
It's been about a year but I liked drop in at the Edge ice arena in west Littleton. Though, I'm more the type to go dink around up at Evergreen for a full day in the wintertime. Also, there's one on old Wadsworth just north of 285 that was pretty low key drop in hockey that I liked way back when. Hope that helps!

Tipys
Wed Sep 30th, 2009, 11:44 AM
I used to play co-ed roller hockey at the Bladium?. It was in a hanger at the old Stapleton airport.

My girlfriend Shannah who lives up there in WP also played up there, but I don't know where. Next time you see her, ask her about what she knows in your area. (she's the one with the short hair/real estate agent/ that we spoke of)

Aw I remember the Bladium. Fun place I remember lots of good times there. Really need to start playing again.

64BonnieLass
Wed Sep 30th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Yeah I saw her the other day and told her you said hi. She is a pretty cool chick. We have an outdoor half rink in Fraser that we skate around on, but thats it.

Yes, she is pretty cool. We went to college together and have been friends ever since. Miss her tons. She's the one who even got me started on hockey, mtn. biking, and a 20 ton slew of other things. Yet...MC's scare her. Pansy girl!!! (god don't tell her that part) hahaha :) Pansy girl, pansy girl, PANSY!!!!!!!!

It's been about a year but I liked drop in at the Edge ice arena in west Littleton. Though, I'm more the type to go dink around up at Evergreen for a full day in the wintertime. Also, there's one on old Wadsworth just north of 285 that was pretty low key drop in hockey that I liked way back when. Hope that helps!

Awesome, thanks for those locations.

Aw I remember the Bladium. Fun place I remember lots of good times there. Really need to start playing again.

I still have all my gear. I've been thinking of getting started again. I really loved playing. I sucked on skates, but got better going backwards and moving around to play. I can go forward, side to side, and know how to crash myself just dandy! However, I have drive in other area's. Tall boys don't scare me..sucka's. Just go under their legs and shoot for the goal. Tripping and checking IS fair game. Woot. I'm competitive by nature so it was a really great sport to participate in.

The co-ed teams are always looking for ladies who actually enjoy the sport and won't just stand there and let the boys do all the work.

Tons of fun. Rob let me know if wanna. Although you may just like men's leagues. Let me know.