PDA

View Full Version : I need a website!

sugarrey
Wed Sep 30th, 2009, 11:17 PM
I am involved in a new business venture and I need a website built. Nothing too extravagent but needs an attractive look. Also need to have scripts so I can manipulate certain parts of the site without too much trouble. Needs to have a back end so customer can input their information and that information can be on hand and also sent to other customers of my website. Not interested in video stuff or flash embedded but needs to have an edgy feel. I am looking for someone to work with locally rather than farm it out. I know times are tough, maybe someone needs some work on here.

Is it you or you know someone? Need to meet with whomever it is soon and see if its a good fit. Any help is appreciated.

Zach929rr
Wed Sep 30th, 2009, 11:25 PM
I know my way around PHP and html rather well. I can't guarantee a lot of my time, but I wouldn't mind helpin a brotha out when I could.

DavidofColorado
Wed Sep 30th, 2009, 11:27 PM
If you need me to crack the whip on him lettme know.

2wheelsgood
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 03:06 AM
google combinations of the words "php" "freelance" "moonlight" and use your imagination. there are people out there. have you thought about how you will be able to tell if they are qualified and competent? references = teh win (unless the refs are a scam too)

:-)

there's sites out there with people willing to do what (I think) you are asking. You bid they bid, it's capitalism at it's finest. here's one:

http://www.php-freelancers.com/

...there's a zillion, mostly click aggregators, but some are good, and of course there's hotjobs, monster, dice, etc. etc.

Have fun starting an online business! I tried, and I also dug ditches when I was 18. I would rather dig fucking ditches.

The guys who made money during the silver and gold rushes 200 years ago were not the miners, they were the guys who sold shovels and overcoats and boots.

Best of luck!
2oo

Sean
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 07:45 AM
Jon (Player2) does it for a living. From what I hear he has solid rates for a solid product. :up:

64BonnieLass
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 08:25 AM
Yes, ping Jon. He would get a nice looking front done for you. If he can't do it for whatever reason, ping Leah (devilstonic)

Foolds
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 08:35 AM
Player2 As well

eg bter
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 08:48 AM
zoot host ftw

sugarrey
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the info. I am not starting an online business, I am partnering up with a friend (past personal trainer) who has an established gym in cherry creek and is starting to franchise. The website will be a portal for people to get involved with the business, and or promote their own business.

Thanks. I will be contacting the peeps below.