PDA

View Full Version : Soldier Returns Home To His Dogs

Keyser Soze
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 09:04 AM
:)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=147_1223108811

Nick_Ninja
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 09:07 AM
And the universe is one again. Unconditional.

64BonnieLass
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 09:09 AM
If I clicketh, will I cry???? Just tell me in advance. :)

Nick_Ninja
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 09:09 AM
Yes.

64BonnieLass
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 09:12 AM
Then I no clicketh.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/Terri_Romaneschi/Misc/heroes_2.jpg

Nick_Ninja
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 09:15 AM
Common --- it aint gonna kill you.

MetaLord 9
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 09:15 AM
Makes me wanna go home and hug mah puppeh!!!

64BonnieLass
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 09:19 AM
K! I did it. I did cry a little, but that was awesome. Loved it!!

Nick_Ninja
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 09:21 AM
Told ya :D

Zach929rr
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 09:23 AM
That video would have been alot better if it wasn't for the Green Day faggotry.

+1 on Jeff's first reply.

Shea
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 09:33 AM
What is this salty discharge from my eyes?! How can I possibly cry when I have no heart?!

:) Good stuff....

mtnairlover
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 09:42 AM
There's nothing like that kind of greeting. Thanks for the link to the video.:)...and yep, tears welled up.

Therapy dogs are now helping out in a way never considered before...

Dogs of war bring soldiers peace of mind (http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2007-12-12-dogs-of-war_N.htm)

From the article..."Therapy dogs offer affection without regard to "gender, race, disability or injury," says Sargeant, and in many settings, troubled people have come to regard the animal as "a safe haven of communication" and have opened up in ways they have not with humans. It's "too new to know just how far the magic will go" in a combat environment, he says, but he's convinced the two dogs are ideally suited to the challenge."

64BonnieLass
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 09:49 AM
I just wish I could find a way to make that my new career. It's all I've ever wanted. To bring dogs and people together. To let the love shine into people's hearts. It's all I've ever wanted. To cure hearts, by virtue of a loving dog. To cure lonliness in others, to cure their pain with that love.

mtnairlover
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 09:51 AM
You could volunteer and see where it takes you...

http://www.deltasociety.org/Page.aspx?pid=183

Zach929rr
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 09:53 AM
^ I've done some work for DDFL. Makes you want to tear up just thinking about it.

MetaLord 9
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 09:54 AM
I just wish I could find a way to make that my new career. It's all I've ever wanted. To bring dogs and people together. To let the love shine into people's hearts. It's all I've ever wanted.
And don't forget rainbows
and flowers
and sunshine
and puppies
and kitties
and babies
and hope
and joy
and happiness
and Christmas
and birthdays
and fireworks
and ...and..and..and...and...

64BonnieLass
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 10:02 AM
Yes, all of those. Thanks Chris. It sure would be a happier world if I were President of the US. Course then there would be no debt either, THEN what would we do.

You would all go insane in your puppy love happiness. :)

Just think about COUNTRIES HUGGING. Yay!!! Lots of hugging in my dictatorship. And puppies too. (no cats unless they are super cute)

asp_125
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 10:10 AM
D'aaawwwwwww!!!! :D I heart puppehs.

64BonnieLass
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 10:12 AM
Now there is oil EVERYWHERE...stop making me laugh. I'm multitasking

dirkterrell
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 10:16 AM
My dogs do that every time I come home. :king: I love my little buddies:

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/jup_sim_26mar2009.jpg

Dirk

64BonnieLass
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 10:23 AM
Dirk, find the bada%% one of Juniper in the planter thingy lookin all tough!! It's my favorite one of him.

dirkterrell
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 10:27 AM
Dirk, find the bada%% one of Juniper in the planter thingy lookin all tough!! It's my favorite one of him.

Jupiter. :)

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/dogs/DSC01007b.jpg

Dirk

Devaclis
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 10:35 AM
My dogs love food and sleeping.

My cats love me.

MetaLord 9
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 10:45 AM

My cats love me.
My dog loves food, me, sleeping, me, playing, me, curling up and being warm, me, being around us, me, and any combination of the above. oh, and me. :D

ABBEH!!!

dirkterrell
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 10:47 AM

My cats love me.

Jupiter and Snowball get along pretty well. Snowball thinks he's a dog anyway. :)

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/jup_snowb_2.jpg

Dirk

DorJammer
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 10:47 AM
http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab230/dorjammer/2003_1126Image0003.jpg

Samson and his wooby :)

mtnairlover
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 11:05 AM
I love labs...so playful :-)

My black chow/lab mix is a fierce looking bundle of teddy-bear. No real good way to describe him, actually. Someone asked recently how old he is and was surprised to hear he's 7, because of how playful he still is...such a lab.

sugarrey
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 09:01 PM
Back in illinois I bought an 8 week old siberian husky. he was my baby boy, when he was around 1 he got really crazy, tearing apart the house, running away (coming home in the back of a cop car was a regular occurrence. I took him to get trained at Tops, a police k9 training camp, he was there for 2 months getting trained. When I went to go pick him up they had a showing for the owners on what the dog had learned. I was watching thru 1 way glass (not sure thats what you call it, you can see in but they cant see out) and I was watching all the wonderful things he had learned. About half way thru one of the trainers walked into the arena and about 20 seconds later my puppy was completely side-tracked. He kept on putting his nose in the air, couldnt concentrate. The trainer then said release as he ran over to the area where I was (on the outside) and kept on pacing back and forth. He then stopped in front of me and started pawing at the canvas, he could smell me (he couldnt see me). The trainer came outside and said that he smelled me when the door opened and from that point on training was done. I walked in quietly as he was still starring at the canvas on the inside of where I was watching from the outside. He saw me and attacked me, knocked me over with kisses and hugs. I will never forget that. Dogs are amazing animals. Great video!

DorJammer
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 04:11 PM
I love labs...so playful :-)

My black chow/lab mix is a fierce looking bundle of teddy-bear. No real good way to describe him, actually. Someone asked recently how old he is and was surprised to hear he's 7, because of how playful he still is...such a lab.

He is my second lab, they are all loving animals with a fondness for woobies.

He is 10 now, has lupus, hip displaysia (sp) and this summer he has had a complete blood transfusion and multiple strokes. But when I come home, he gets up and brings me his woobie, and will not stop licking my face until I can't take it anymore.

He will not be around much longer. I am waiting for the day when he no longer smiles when I come home and his tail no longer wags.

love dogs unconditionally, just as they love us:hump::hump:

Pandora-11
Sat Oct 3rd, 2009, 10:37 PM
This is why EVERYONE should have a dog. They will never mistreat you.....ok, maybe a rogue shoe here or there.

CaptGoodvibes
Sat Oct 3rd, 2009, 11:59 PM
Fur kids. Thanks for posting this! I just went to hug my dogs... again... ;)

mtnairlover
Sun Oct 4th, 2009, 08:42 AM
I had my camera on the wrong setting, but caught him on video to hear him say "mama". Pretty funny when he showed us how smart he is. Dogs seem to have a vocabulary...well, probably all animals. Although he never speaks accept to say "mama" he does know quite a few words when I talk to him. Anyhoo, this link is to him talking to us...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D1zFL9NdNc

He didn't have a voice after we picked him up from the Table Mountain Animal Shelter. He had been trained, but his previous owners couldn't keep him. The notes on his records said he got into trash and jumped fences. Little did I know they meant 6 foot privacy fences. We used to live in a bi-level that had a big deck on back. The railing was maybe about 12 feet from the ground. I watched him one day jump to the railing, perched like a cat and then jump down to the grass below. He then proceeded to jump the 6 foot fence around our yard to go visit the next door neighbor's dog. Oh and the voice thing...came in bits and pieces. At first, he would just talk to us kind of like what's in that video...letting us know when he wanted out, or wanted to eat/drink...now he barks at the door at anyone entering like the protective chow he is...but, if you open the door and greet people, then he's the happiest lab pup.

It's amazing to me how we get to know our animals so well and they us.

mathman1000
Sun Oct 4th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Thanks for posting that video, a little tears over coffee this morning was a nice way to start the day.......and a nice way to remind us to be thankful for what we have.

Think
Sun Oct 4th, 2009, 12:19 PM
I miss my animules :(.