PDA

View Full Version : Face vs. Butt... Butt say it won't be bullied!

salsashark
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 02:34 PM
North Face goes after 'South Butt' seller (http://www.kplr11.com/news/kplr-north-face-south-butt-story-092809,0,5432810.story)

Yet another shining example of a corporate scare tactics.

:lol:

I did try to explain with a great deal of candor to counsel for the North Face that the general public is aware of the difference between a face and a butt.

MetaLord 9
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 02:37 PM
Any story involving a guy named Jimmy Winkelmann has WIN written all over it! :lol:

brennahm
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 02:43 PM
I don't get it...how could the NF execs NOT realize, this whole thing was going to make them look like idiots.

HOW do they get these jobs?!?!?

MetaLord 9
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 02:45 PM
I still think it should be "South Butte"

dirkterrell
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 02:50 PM
Well, part of this is the way US trademark laws work. You have to contest every single instance of a use that even appears to infringe on your trademark. If you don't, someone can come along and use your trademark without penalty. You can't laugh one off as funny (even if you'd like to) and be able to pursue legal action against more serious ones.

Dirk

Pandora-11
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 03:21 PM
Dirk,
Why is it that you make perfect sense on everything? Can I clone your brain?

Matty
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 03:25 PM
Dirk,
Why is it that you make perfect sense on everything? Can I clone your brain?
cause he's a genius.

Pandora-11
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 03:26 PM
It's too late to have his babies. jk

~Barn~
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 03:30 PM
Studies have shown that the older you are when you have a pregnancy, the more likely your child is, to have a genius-level intellect.

That and also Down Syndrome, but I think it's a bet worth placing.

Gainer
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 03:33 PM
Looks like all NF did was make Jimmy Winkelmann famous. I want one of these shirts.

salsashark
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 03:35 PM
Looks like all NF did was make Jimmy Winkelmann famous. I want one of these shirts.

we were just talking about this... I was considering buying one to benefit his legal fund.

MetaLord 9
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 03:49 PM
I think it's a bet worth placing.
I've seen you gamble before, Barn. Your bets worth placing scare the shit outta me sometimes! :lol:

CaneZach
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 05:51 PM
Harley did the same thing several years ago. For the longest time, anyone could use Harley's emblem. You'd see Mom & Pop's Harley Cafe and Emporium or Jack & Off's Harley Bed and Breakfast and they'd have H-D emblems all over their logos. Well, one day, the H-D ownership group had enough and sent out cease-and-desist orders to all the places that weren't licensed t use the H-D logos. It pissed a lot of people off, but H-D was well within their rights and any failure to exercise their rights would eventually mean a forfeiture.