PDA

View Full Version : Troops in your Town - do you comply or resist? Organized resistance, Militia?

whitebrad
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 01:47 AM
Troops in your Town - do you comply or resist? Organized resistance, Militia

Martial Law in America: Is it on the Horizon?

thinking of writing an article about this, and wanting to get some views from others...

what say you? to me these two seem linked in some way, but they were two subjects listed, so if you feel one way about one and a different way about the other, please tackle them one at a time...

thanks

Think
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 07:11 AM
Martial Law in America: Is it on the Horizon?
No.

Devaclis
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 07:21 AM
No it is not on the horizon.

/ihateextremistsmorethananythingintheworld

dapper
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 07:31 AM
No it is not on the horizon.

/ihateextremistsmorethananythingintheworld
hmm...didn't the National Guard participate in organized removal of residence/guns in the south after a storm?

Devaclis
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 07:37 AM
I do not think there was a declaration of martial law at that time. Maybe I am wrong, but I never heard of an enactment.

zetaetatheta
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 07:41 AM
Looks like these guys my be reorganizing:
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll78/manitoumike/AMERICA2.jpg
I wouldn't mind the Military taking them out.

Think
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 08:08 AM
Looks like these guys my be reorganizing:
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll78/manitoumike/AMERICA2.jpg
I wouldn't mind the Military taking them out.
I'd be happy to.

#1Townie
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 08:20 AM
depends. if its all for good and the troops DONT get out of line im cool. they want my guns and then ill fight to the death!

Graybird
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 08:25 AM
And this question comes from a someone who isn't even in the US? Quit listening to the media and check stuff out with your OWN eyes!

dirkterrell
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 08:27 AM
I do not think there was a declaration of martial law at that time. Maybe I am wrong, but I never heard of an enactment.

There were reports that the area was under martial law but it was never declared. However, gun confiscation did occur.

As for the KKK, I would rather see them taken out by exposing the stupidity of their thinking rather than by military force. I've got a rather strong attachment to the ideas put forth in the Constitution. History is replete with atrocities committed by those who thought they were ideologically justified in doing what they were doing.

Dirk

Keepitgreen
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 08:35 AM
My thoughts exactly.. Ya! Them there big words too!

There were reports that the area was under martial law but it was never declared. However, gun confiscation did occur.

As for the KKK, I was rather see them taken out by exposing the stupidity of their thinking rather than by military force. I've got a rather strong attachment to the ideas put forth in the Constitution. History is replete with atrocities committed by those who thought were ideologically justified in doing what they were doing.

Dirk

#1Townie
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 08:37 AM
i wouldnt mind seeing jesse jackson and al sharpton get taken out.

just sayn. i hate those fucking guys!

Shea
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 08:37 AM

Yes, but only because Louisiana declares a "state of emergency" instead. The only difference being (from what I could find) is that the military can make an arrest but then has to pass it on to a civil authority. All the usual stomping of civil liberties still remains.

"But even though no martial law exists, Gov. Kathleen Blanco's declaration of a state of emergency [on August 26, 2005] gives authorities widespread latitude to suspend civil liberties as they try to restore order and bring victims to safety. Under the Louisiana Homeland Security and Emergency Assistance and Disaster Act of 1993, the governor and, in some cases, chief parish officials, have the right to commandeer or utilize any private property if necessary to cope with the emergency.

Authorities may also suspend any statute related to the conduct of official business, or any rule issued by a state agency, if complying would 'prevent, hinder or delay necessary action' to mitigate the emergency.

It also gives authority the right to compel evacuations, suspend alcohol and weapons sales and make provisions for the availability and use of temporary emergency housing.

The law gives mayors similar authority, except they do not have the right to commandeer private property or make provisions for emergency housing, according to a background brief prepared by the state Attorney General's office."

-Times Picayune, 31 Aug 2005

So mostly it's just semantics.

Shea
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 08:39 AM

As for the KKK, I was rather see them taken out by exposing the stupidity of their thinking rather than by military force. I've got a rather strong attachment to the ideas put forth in the Constitution. History is replete with atrocities committed by those who thought were ideologically justified in doing what they were doing.

Dirk

Preach it brother.

Devaclis
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 08:40 AM
Doesn't the CDC have more authority and powa than the military?

Shea
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 08:43 AM
Doesn't the CDC have more authority and powa than the military?

Between CDC and FEMA, yeah. The military will never declare martial law. Those two agencies, however, will (and then use the military).

MetaLord 9
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 08:51 AM
Martial Law is not imminent and any reaction to troops in my town would be based more off of why they're there and less off of the fact that they are.

Graybird
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 08:57 AM
I recently heard a local Sheriff talking about this subject... He said that he would tell his deputies to not follow any order that was not legal under the constitution. Taking away someones guns, is not a legal order. I liked the way he looked at things and know where my vote will be come election day!

TFOGGuys
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 09:07 AM
WOLVERIIIIINES!!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_gHp1HTY4xKY/Sjlwk_j6g9I/AAAAAAAAEsI/Sth_oBLJPPA/s400/reddawn_wolv.jpg

whitebrad
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 09:09 AM
And this question comes from a someone who isn't even in the US? Quit listening to the media and check stuff out with your OWN eyes!

i actually live in denver... the location was just a joke from a while ago...

whitebrad
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 09:10 AM
WOLVERIIIIINES!!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_gHp1HTY4xKY/Sjlwk_j6g9I/AAAAAAAAEsI/Sth_oBLJPPA/s400/reddawn_wolv.jpg

+1

Snowman
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 09:16 AM
It will never come to declaring Martial Law under any circumstances. The term has become synonymous with government take over and anything that drastic would draw too much attention.

It is far easier to erode civil rights and let the general populace believe it’s for their own good.

depends. if its all for good and the troops DONT get out of line im cool. they want my guns and then ill fight to the death!What makes you think it would even be a fight? They would roll over your house in a tank and spin in the media making you look like Ted Kaczynski.

RajunCajun
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 09:16 AM
Yes, but only because Louisiana declares a "state of emergency" instead. The only difference being (from what I could find) is that the military can make an arrest but then has to pass it on to a civil authority. All the usual stomping of civil liberties still remains.

"But even though no martial law exists, Gov. Kathleen Blanco's declaration of a state of emergency [on August 26, 2005] gives authorities widespread latitude to suspend civil liberties as they try to restore order and bring victims to safety. Under the Louisiana Homeland Security and Emergency Assistance and Disaster Act of 1993, the governor and, in some cases, chief parish officials, have the right to commandeer or utilize any private property if necessary to cope with the emergency.

Authorities may also suspend any statute related to the conduct of official business, or any rule issued by a state agency, if complying would 'prevent, hinder or delay necessary action' to mitigate the emergency.

It also gives authority the right to compel evacuations, suspend alcohol and weapons sales and make provisions for the availability and use of temporary emergency housing.

The law gives mayors similar authority, except they do not have the right to commandeer private property or make provisions for emergency housing, according to a background brief prepared by the state Attorney General's office."

-Times Picayune, 31 Aug 2005

So mostly it's just semantics.

Yup, lots of things were given by citizens but nothing was really taken. Weapons seizures occured, but it was manly from thugs shooting up rescue helicopters and each other. Buses, ect. were commandeered from the city for transporting the stupid drug dealing, thug bastards that stayed to loot(fixed) and take over the drug trade, to only plunder every city that they were shipped to(should have let those worthless fucks drown), and a few poor elderly/sick folks that were REALLY stuck there. The National Guard ran the show while there were there. They told you where you could and couldn't go and what would happen if you didn't abide, well the 50 caliber kinda said it...

dirkterrell
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 09:38 AM
Buses, ect. were commandeered from the city for transporting the stupid drug dealing, thug bastards that stayed to lute...

Those damn luters were wreaking havoc

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/loootie_lute.jpg

Dirk

Shea
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 09:38 AM
lol

RajunCajun
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 09:45 AM

Dirk

Hahah!!! Yeah, I was in Houston when a few buses of the "refugees" were shipped there. Every day, you could literally see the crime rate rising. Everyday, there were more and more crime announcements that were started with "suspected Katrina refuge". Even n my home town, Lafayette, just 2 hours away from New Orleans, the crime rate skyrocketed and you couldn't go anywhere without having everything all hoochied and gansta'd up,,,, fucking rediculous.

RajunCajun
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 09:57 AM

Dirk

Yeah, I shoulda stole me some spelling books ;)

#1Townie
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 09:57 AM
What makes you think it would even be a fight? They would roll over your house in a tank and spin in the media making you look like Ted Kaczynski.

what makes u think im going to be in a house?