PDA

View Full Version : MRA School...

Wahooman
Sat Apr 2nd, 2005, 06:57 PM
First of all Contrats to all of you who completed the school today. I know a few of you, Young Luke, Bueller, and sure there are others as well.
Our very own Bueller took 2nd in the mock race....GREAT JOB!
Hoopty didn't wreck either...... :D Cornerworking was great and the team did well.
On a lower note......our prez did go down on the dragon slide (turn 8 ) Hit pretty hard and Gramps took him to the hospital. Mainly saying this so if anyone gets any news let us know please. Last we heard when Tom left hte hospital was he was getting a cat scan. From the looks of his helmet...or what is left of it, he hit very hard. Bike is well..............
We will be prayin for ya Bob for a speedy recovery ;)

NZ Darren
Sat Apr 2nd, 2005, 07:13 PM
Dam, hope he is ok.

Young Luke
Sat Apr 2nd, 2005, 07:20 PM
Bob, hope you're OK.

Luke

ebazyl
Sat Apr 2nd, 2005, 07:24 PM
Bob - feel better :(

Who won the mock race?

Kim-n-Dean
Sat Apr 2nd, 2005, 07:53 PM
Bob - feel better :(

Who won the mock race?

The dude in front of Bueller.

Stuart Little
Sat Apr 2nd, 2005, 08:01 PM
I'm just posting so I can get notification of a new message so I can see how Bob is.

Sorry I didn't make it to the corner training Bob, jess kept us all up til 4 drinkin and playin cards so I couldn't be there to help ya out.

Anonymous
Sat Apr 2nd, 2005, 08:06 PM
Talked to him on the phone, he's sore and has a headache but nothing is broken. He was out cold when we got to him, as near as I can tell he lost it coming out of the dragonslide. Unsure if he slid out or tried to ride it out, but the birm/end of the tire wall kept him out of turn 8 like it was supposed to. Unfortunately, it basically used all that velocity to summarily crater him into the ground.

His helmet was trashed, definite high-energy impact. It did it's job, but split apart in the process. Bike isn't lookin too great either. Exhaust and subframe look like his helmet unfortunately, and most other things are banged up or broken.

Congrats to the students who passed the school! Other than Bob, there were no crashes all day and everyone did great!

Dysco
Sat Apr 2nd, 2005, 08:08 PM
Bob's gonna be fine- his handwriting was perfect when he signed the Helmet of Doom.

Do you remember that, Bob? :up:

Lala
Sat Apr 2nd, 2005, 08:12 PM
Damn, I hate to hear about anyone getting spun up. Hope you get better quickly bro.

Lala

Ray-Ray
Sat Apr 2nd, 2005, 08:15 PM
Dude- That was just WRONG! There is a time and place for that crap! NOT while they are in the ambulance!!

NineTwoFour
Sat Apr 2nd, 2005, 08:15 PM
I relieved to hear that he wasn't more seriously injured.

Hope you heal up fast. :up:

Lel
Sat Apr 2nd, 2005, 08:26 PM
get well soon bob...

also was nice meeting you curtis

lel

Bueller
Sat Apr 2nd, 2005, 09:11 PM
First I wanna wish Bob good luck and get well soon.
Secondly I want to be the next in a long list of people to thank the corner workers for being out there for us. I am sure it wasn't quite as fun and eventful as a real race day, so thanks for dealing with the possible boredom you may have experianced. Next all the MRA officials and instructors, you guys did a great job of putting the school together for us, it is also greatly appreciated.
And congrats to the other CSC (and the rest too) rider that joined the MRA ranks :up:

FZRguy
Sat Apr 2nd, 2005, 11:40 PM
Sorry to hear about Bob’s crash...get well soon, bro.

rybo
Sun Apr 3rd, 2005, 12:23 AM
Bob,

Sorry to hear about the wreck, you are in my thoughts.

Those of you seeing him on a regular basis over the next couple of days, please let me know if you need any help. I'll do what I can.

Scott

Boy Scout
Sun Apr 3rd, 2005, 09:11 AM
Best wishes for a quick recovery, Bob! Thanks for the update, Ralph. Congrats to all the riders that passed the class today and to Bueller for taking 2nd place in the race!

S2RGRL
Sun Apr 3rd, 2005, 09:32 AM
sorry to hear about your crash Bob ~ feel better soon :)

Jessi
Sun Apr 3rd, 2005, 10:23 AM
Sorry to hear about that Bob...I hope you're all better in no time! :)

Rick T.
Sun Apr 3rd, 2005, 12:00 PM
Get better quick Bob... Can't have you injured before the season even starts!!

Anyone - what's the latest on Bob?

Devil954
Sun Apr 3rd, 2005, 12:16 PM
hope you are alright Bob that looked like a nasty accident

RSVR4aCowboy
Sun Apr 3rd, 2005, 12:21 PM
Talked to him this morning. He is feeling pretty sore. Sounds like he has a pretty nasty headache. No broken bones etc. Still a little groggy sounding so Ididn't talk to him very long.

green_zx7r
Sun Apr 3rd, 2005, 01:20 PM
Damn... Get well soon Bob... Sorry to hear about your hard get off.

CDR claims another victim... :(

And congrats to all CSC folks who passed! I'm intending to go to the 4/16 class.

swademaster
Sun Apr 3rd, 2005, 01:27 PM
Damn, Bob. Rat's Nest and the dragon slide=two helmets. Get well soon.

Wahooman
Sun Apr 3rd, 2005, 04:31 PM
I'm just posting so I can get notification of a new message so I can see how Bob is.

Sorry I didn't make it to the corner training Bob, jess kept us all up til 4 drinkin and playin cards so I couldn't be there to help ya out.
Dude that is one lame ass excuse if you ask me. NO ONE keeps you out and if you knew you had corner working duty you plan for it. Sorry If I soung harsh but that is just play irresponsible. :|

Mel
Sun Apr 3rd, 2005, 07:31 PM
Thank God you are ok Bob....get better soon!
You keep this up, we are gonna have to start calling you hoopty! j/k :D
Godspeed on your recovery and return to the track, and let me know if you need anything (sanity, etc :D)

Buddau
Sun Apr 3rd, 2005, 09:17 PM
1st off, After the track, I heaed over to the hospital, my Mother was in the same hospital. I tried to check on Bob, but I am not family. They did say that he would make a full recovery.
Hope your OK Bob.

The MRA class was very fun. It was great to get a taste of what racing for real feels like. I finished 8th I think, I would have got 7th but got passed on the last lap because I got held up by a slower rider. It doesn't matter, it was still fun.
I am so happy that I am finally a MRA member!

The more I ride CDR, the more I like it, but I still feel it needs repaving at the least and some other improvements.

Brizz
Sun Apr 3rd, 2005, 10:31 PM
Best wishes from Tx Bob...

Sarge_Speed
Sun Apr 3rd, 2005, 11:21 PM
Bob get wel soon. Thanks to all who had a hand in putting the school on for us...had a blast. Keep the rubber side down!

cu360r6
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 01:35 AM
Was Bob the guy on the red R6? If so I hope he makes a speedy recovery and is able to get back on the bike soon.

A HUGE thanks goes out to the corner workers and everyone who put on the school espeically Crash, Mark, and Travis for helping me out.

I ended up winning the mock race to my great suprise. I intended on taking it slow, but when that green flag dropped that thought got left behind. In the morning I was on very old bridgestone's, and by lunch they were below the wear markers. I had Mark mount up some new michelins, so I guess I was kinda cheating a bit to have new tires for the race. Either way I had an awesome time, cut seconds of my laps, and didn't crash. I can't wait for Pueblo May 1st.

Charles
MRA 426

~Barn~
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 02:18 AM
Heal completely, Bob. I hope the rig can get by on minimal repair.

BlueDevil
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 06:58 AM
Bob: I hope the healing is fast and smooth for you.

Buddau: Congrats on completing the class. Welcome to the MRA. Go DARC racing !!!!!!!

Bueller: Congrats on your 2nd place.

All: Congrats and welcome.

CDR review: Well this was my first time out there, as well as many others from what I can tell. I did the open practice after the school ended. Id have to say both positives and negatives about my first experience there. My first time out was terrifying. Not only being new to the track, but there are so many things to avoid. I wont be one to complain to much, cause Im just glad to race at all. But I will say this. The track IMO is not race worthy. Track days fine, but 35 riders on that track........eeeeek For the love of God everyone ride safe out there this season. I would agree there are lines through the track that are good, and if U R able to keep those lines, it is a very fun ride. Eleveation changes, 2 straight, etc. I really had a good time on it after I was able to learn it. None the less, this track needs SERIOUS repairs. If nothing more than a resurface. I do hope that by us racing out there, it encourages some improvements for the years to come. Hell coming down the "draggon slide" hill area, I think there is like 4 different types of surface there. Old track, concrete lumps, smooth newer track, and some MX style riding. None the less there is a way through it. Well enough biotching. I still had a good time out and it is a very fun track.......... Congrats again to all the new MRA riders.

Bueller
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 07:25 AM
Was Bob the guy on the red R6? If so I hope he makes a speedy recovery and is able to get back on the bike soon.

A HUGE thanks goes out to the corner workers and everyone who put on the school espeically Crash, Mark, and Travis for helping me out.

I ended up winning the mock race to my great suprise. I intended on taking it slow, but when that green flag dropped that thought got left behind. In the morning I was on very old bridgestone's, and by lunch they were below the wear markers. I had Mark mount up some new michelins, so I guess I was kinda cheating a bit to have new tires for the race. Either way I had an awesome time, cut seconds of my laps, and didn't crash. I can't wait for Pueblo May 1st.

Charles
MRA 426
OK you are on here, forgot to ask you. Congrats on the win, it was a great race! :rock:
New tires huh? That explains it :lol:
I know I definitely didn't want to crash/fail and since it wasn't a real race I didn't want to go all out, but none the less I couldn't quite get ya, good job. :up:
Can't wait for the all out adrenaline rush of a real one!

Anonymous
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Thanks everybody for the well-wishes. :oops:

Thanks to Gramps (& Mrs. Gramps) for taking me to the hospital. :up: Rich, they told me you were there, but they wanted to wait until my wife showed up - I guess she took longer than expected - thanks for stopping by. :up: Thanks to everyone who helped pack up my stuff & deliver it home (Hoopty, Kim-n-Dean, Ray-Ray are the only people that I know for sure had a hand in it, but I'm sure there were more). :up:

I'd also like to thank the corner crew, MRA officials that assisted, and the Ambulance crew. :bow:

I hope I'm not forgetting anybody, though I'm sure I probably am. If so, I apologize.

The head's not as bad (as last year's rats nest crash), but I have a lot of sore muscles in my shoulder/neck area.

Bob's gonna be fine- his handwriting was perfect when he signed the Helmet of Doom.

Do you remember that, Bob? :up:
Was that yesterday? Have I ever signed it before? 'Cuz I seem to recall signing it, but not sure if that was yesterday or not. :shock: :lol:

Deuce
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Get better soon Bob. Gotta quit landing on your head. I know there aint much left to ruin up there but you cant afford to lose anymore smarts bud. :D Plus helmets aint cheap to replace. :lol:

Deuce

Cleveland
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Feel better, Bob. :)

nileator01
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Glad your doing ok Bob. That track is evil!

I wish you a speedy recovery and hopefully I'll see you at Pueblo!

Player 2
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Hope you heal up soon Bob... Glad you're mostly ok!

AshliRider44
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Glad youre feeeling better Bob... dont I get a thanks for pointing out to Dave that you probably had a garage door opener in your truck since you didnt have a house key... we had to leave your keys somewhere... :D hope you found them on the cooler... you gave us a big scare there buddy "Bike 24 Down!" Bad Bob, bad bad... :P... let me (us) know if you need anything... BTW we should probably get Tania's Cell phone number in case anything like that ever happens again (heaven forbid) because it was a pain trying to get ahold of you guys to let you know we took your stuff to your house... anyway, feel better!!!
BTW I had SO MUCH FUN corner working the school and practice... Bueller congrats on your 2nd, and everyone else looked GREAT, cannot wait to get out there with you guys next season... :oops:

CBRChick
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Heal quickly Bob!! I'm sorry to hear about your crash ... and I'm glad nothing was broken!!! Let me know if you need anything!

Dr. Joe Siphek
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Curtis--> :slap: <--Stewart :no:

Glad to hear you are alive Bob! "Do I know you?"

FZRguy
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 03:48 PM
You keep landing on your head and not breaking anything...I suppose that's good. :lol: Glad that you're mostly okay. How'd the bike fare?

Stuart Little
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Stuart :slap: Travis

Messing up my name...gahhh....idiot....come get some ham :)

I'm making up for it by getting up at 6 sunday and workin at SCR, not making up so much as I really want to do it :)

Dr. Joe Siphek
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Why don't you go eat a decroted piece of CRAP!

Stuart Little
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 09:51 PM
I'm gonna do...

Whatever I feel like, gah, idiot

Anonymous
Tue Apr 5th, 2005, 11:31 AM
How'd the bike fare?
Not so good. I haven't taken it out of the trailer yet, but the tail section is gone, and the exhaust is pushed in, almost touching the tire. The front end has some damage, but I'm not sure to what extent yet. :|

cu360r6
Tue Apr 5th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Spiderman I've got a rolling chassis 01 race R6 that is just taking up space with a blown motor. It's got a good subframe, graves fairing stay, superbike seat, and stuff like that. If you need some parts just let me know.

Anonymous
Tue Apr 5th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Thanks! :up: I'll keep it in mind. 8)

Anonymous
Tue Apr 5th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Bob your windscreen was sheared off, and at least the right clipon was bent down pretty severely. dunno about the forks, but with that kind of impact you'd be lucky to not have a bent one. Unknown wheel or frame condition.

She's probably fixable, but in rough shape at the moment. The entire bike touched the ground at some point.

Lurch
Tue Apr 5th, 2005, 04:42 PM
The entire bike touched the ground at some point.

I don't think the bike touching the ground did all the damage. It was the amount of air time it had before said impact.

Glad to see you are OK Bob. The Slide claims another victim.

Lurch

Anonymous
Tue Apr 5th, 2005, 04:44 PM
:lol: Like with mountain climbing - it's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop! :D

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Apr 5th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Doooode, sorry to hear it. Glad you're ok, and get well soon!

Boy Scout
Tue Apr 5th, 2005, 06:40 PM
:lol: Like with mountain climbing - it's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop! :DActually, Bob, your stop wasn't all that sudden...it was more along the lines of you and the bike doing a not-so-synchronized floor mat exercise at the Olympics...and by the way, you didn't exactly "stick" the landing. :lol: Glad to hear you're doing OK.

Buddau
Tue Apr 5th, 2005, 06:54 PM
So, Bob, what actually happend? Did you loose it before the draggon slide? Low side? High side?

Lel
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 12:26 AM
I dont think he either low sided or highsided as much as 'supermaned' and the bike played cartwheel. :shock:

Anonymous
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 09:42 AM
So, Bob, what actually happend? Did you loose it before the draggon slide? Low side? High side?
:oops: I don't know/remember - I'm relying on others to fill in those blanks. :oops: