PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding gas tank for track riding purpose.

green_zx7r
Sat Apr 2nd, 2005, 10:13 PM
I just got a used gas tank for my ZX7R that I'll be using for track riding purposes, but it doesn't come with a gas cap.

My options seem to be either get OEM, used gas caps with key on eBay, or aftermarket keyless gas caps.

What is your recommendation on the gas cap? Should I just go OEM (new/used), or go keyless?

My only concern with keyless is if some body decides to not play nice and dump something in my tank...

Thanks in advance for any input you may have.

Yusuke

Lel
Sat Apr 2nd, 2005, 10:24 PM
keyless is the way to go, LP makes a decent one. Dont worry about 'people playing nice'... actually kinda worries me/makes me wonder why your so untrustful of people? Anyway 99% of people at the track are honest and arent going to do something malicious like that.

lel

green_zx7r
Sat Apr 2nd, 2005, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the LP info.

Why I don't trust people? :wtf:
Just being careful that's all, since keyless just allows easy access. :|

Anonymous
Mon Apr 11th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Just a note - if you're going to be swapping out your tank for track riding, it only takes a couple of more minutes to swap over the stock gas cap & lock. Of all the bolts on it, only a few of them actually hold it in place (at least that's how it is on my R6).

Unless you're going to be storing fuel in them - then I can see why you'd want to have 2 caps.