PDA

View Full Version : Need insurance quote - Agents post up your info

CaptGoodvibes
Sun Oct 4th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I need a quote on a couple different bikes. Who's has the best rates right now? Please post your contact info so I can call you. Thanks!

CaneZach
Sun Oct 4th, 2009, 06:32 PM
State Farm for me. Full coverage on the ZX10 with extra coverage for add-on parts runs me about $400 a year.

asp_125
Sun Oct 4th, 2009, 06:50 PM
State Farm for me. Adding all the bikes on my umbrella (Homeowner/Auto) policy makes them really cheap to insure at full coverage, plus the uninsured motorist on my auto covers the bikes. :up: Mind you I've never had a claim, so I don't know how well they respond or dick around if you do.

Foolds
Sun Oct 4th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Another vote for state farm. I switched 2 weeks ago from progressive and am saving a boat load of money and I have 2 bikes now not just 1! I had ruled out getting a new bike until I talked to State Farm. My quote apples to apples with State Farm Vs. Progressive for the Daytona 675 was half... Yes half! My agent saved me even more money by moving my car to my bike policy and putting the uninsured coverage on the car rather then the bike.

Pm for his info if you want, hes been great.

= Buckeye Jess =
Mon Oct 5th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Most folks here love State Farm - but I'm consistently getting lower rates on my car and bike both through Geico (and I'm talking significantly lower). They are really ramping up business in the powersports sector, so they are trying very hard to get people to do business with them. Unfortunately I've also been able to go through the claims process with them, and it has been the smoothest and least painful insurance experience I've ever had! =)

JohnEffinK
Mon Oct 5th, 2009, 06:50 AM
I dont understand insurance in so far as why one company is cheaper than another for the same individual....

But my Harley and F800GS are with Foremost, full coverage to include uninsured, 500 deductible: $282 and $126 respectively.

GSXR 600 is with Dairyland same coverage as above: $313.

Could not get any cheaper by combining any more.

I am 42 yo and fairly responsible all things considered.......

John

CaneZach
Mon Oct 5th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Jess, I switched from Geico after they raised my rates and couldn't give me a reason other than, "Well, it was just an across the board increase." No claims, no tickets, nothing! So I let my wallet do the talking and moved over to State Farm. Geico wasn't bad when I covered my GSXR, but once I switched to the ZX10, they wanted to increase my rates from around $400 to $550, so we parted ways.

Sully
Mon Oct 5th, 2009, 08:59 AM
I have State Farm as well, so far so good, but I haven't had any claims. Does anyone have input on filing a claim? Issues, customer service, repairs? I am VERY WELL covered with them, including Home Owners and auto... I wonder if it's too much coverage? :dunno: ... Better to be safe than sorry I guess.. <shrug>

Zach - I had the same thing happen with State Farm @ raising my rates. Reason was - across the board increase... :wtf:

MileHighColt
Mon Oct 5th, 2009, 09:41 AM
State Farm here too. They cover everything I have. House, cars, bike and have never had a problem. The cycle insurance for my '07 FJR runs $280 a year with $500 deductible on comp and collision with 100/300 liability.

PunyJuney
Mon Oct 5th, 2009, 09:57 AM
State farm was about half the cost of American Family, and we have 3 houses (2 rental properties) 3 cars, 2 bikes...with only a couple of performance awards over the past 24 mo.

So has anyone approached an insurance provider for a CSC group discount? It's about time I take a look at my insurance anyway and am willing to inquire if anyone has an idea of statistics. ie x-hundred active participants with x bikes, cars, homes. Is it worth posting a survey?

= Buckeye Jess =
Mon Oct 5th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Zach and Sully - I actually just switched some of my other insurance over to State Farm. The gal I was dealing with told me that they tend to be the leaders on rates and they'll raise their rates then everybody else tends to follow suit. How true that is, I have no idea.

I was with American Family for about a decade and they consistently beat everybody's rates on everything. I had a few very minor claims throughout the years and they weren't too bad. After tangoing with the drunk last year though, I've been fighting with them nonstop and it's to the point that I just took all of my business elsewhere. I just got lucky that Geico ended up being a lot cheaper at that point in time. I fully realize that Geico could jack their rates up on me tomorrow, but I can just shop around to find my best alternative if I have to - just will never pay AmFam another penny personally.

As far as rates differing so much between different people and different bikes.... I asked my cousin about this (who does insurance). Different companies will look at different factors and weigh them differently. Credit is a huge one with some companies - which I personally don't understand when someone's driving and claim history are immaculate, but whatever. Something else interesting is how the various companies classify their bikes. Believe it or not, virtually every company out there classifies my lil' "Ninjette" which her whopping 649cc as a supersport bike! D'oh!!! I've gone rounds on that one and always end up back at square one with every company I talk to.

At least once a year if not two or three times, I'll just go through all of the companies and get quotes to see if anybody has become more competitive or not. Granted, I'll lose any "customer loyalty" discounts, but I'll only switch if the discount warrants it.

SaShWhO
Mon Oct 5th, 2009, 11:47 AM
State Farm rules