PDA

View Full Version : Pueblo Practice Friday 4/8

Lel
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Just talked to Jay and Pueblo is finally open on a friday! (actually wed and friday this week) I am going!

AshliRider44
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Heard a few peeps talking about going to La Junta this weekend for practice... Hoopty and I are heading down there... Kim/Dean also... anyone else??? $25 a day

Lel
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 10:50 AM
yea thats this weekend though! not friday :)

Ill be down to la junta too on sunday... assuming the long range forecast is wrong (suppose to be thunderstorming all weekend down there)

lel

AshliRider44
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Really... bad weather huh??? Bleh... :second thoughts:... I'd be pist if we spent the money to travel/hotel, and Hoopty didnt get any practice in.. hmmmmmm

Hoopty
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 10:59 AM
:imwithstupid:

friscokidd
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 12:19 PM
:imwithstupid:

:slap: :D

AshliRider44
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 12:22 PM
He meant to say :I'm with hottie: LMAO :D

BlueDevil
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 02:57 PM
I will be at PMI on Friday AM. What time gates open?

As of today weather is supposed to be 72-74 and sun....... But its 5 days away.....haha

Polar X
Tue Apr 5th, 2005, 07:25 PM
I am gonna try and make it. But won't know until thurs nite. :x

BlueDevil
Thu Apr 7th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Sweet Track is open Fri. Supposed to be high of 75

We are headed down early to avoid trraffic. Get some breakfast and then go set up. Be there round 1030 am or so........

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Apr 7th, 2005, 08:46 AM
I might have to go too. Does anyone know if the track has been cleaned?

Lel
Thu Apr 7th, 2005, 09:51 AM
I am willing to bet it has been... they have been rented out like crazy!! The past 3 weeks this is only the fourth day that the track has even been open for free practice. Of those four this is the third the weather is going to cooporate... so basically the track has been having one open day a week, and its finally on a friday! :) lol (though it was open practice on wed this week as well). So I am thinking it has been cleaned... that and the last time I was down there they said they start maintaining it starting in april.

But I am still bringing my pushbroom and oil dry! lol.

lel

Sharkbate
Thu Apr 7th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Count me in. I'll play the part of lapped traffic for you all. :lol: When I spoke to Jay last Friday, he was going to be paving areas of the track this week. So, I'm assuming it we be somewhat dry. (hopefully)

BlueDevil
Mon Apr 11th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Shew sure was a good time out there on Friday. Quite a few bikes showed up. We were there pretty early so we got a full day in before the freeking wind storm blew in around 230pm. Damn near took me away.

Track was clean. Looks like the tight corner got a repave. It was a bit slippery in there. THe rest fo the track was clean. Pretty rough coming onto the front straight but there were a couple lines in there. Had a few cars out there but everyone was safe and got out of the way of riders. Good times!

Lel
Mon Apr 11th, 2005, 11:34 AM
They have done some paving between 7 and 8... not really paving but filled in some of the cracks all the way across the track to make it smoother into 8. Turn 7 did seem different/slick or something... but I think that patch was there last season.

As for the cars jesus!, I wish they DIDNT get out of the way and held their line. I almost cornholed one REALLY bad between 6 and 7. I come up out of 5 fast and lean into the rights and see a car between the rights before the turn 7 left... WELLLLLL he sees me coming up really fast and instead of keeping on his line slams on the brakes to leave me room in that last right... wellll I had already committed to staying wide because I expected to just pass him on the inside of the left or at worst drop behind him there and pass him before 8. Well the RETARD basically stopped on the track to try and leave room, granted it was a nice gesture, but not a smart move for being on a track. I got on the brakes really hard almost lifting the rear wheel before I was able to drop into the right side to pass him before that right turn. GRRRR cars on the track are scary enough... but at least wish they held their line.

lel