PDA

View Full Version : [NoCo] RMNP full moon ride? 9/24

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Sep 27th, 2010, 02:34 PM
So did anyone run up there last Friday? I was really looking forward to that ride and was quite pissed off I couldn't get any info. The wife and I ran up on the Shadow and passed about 6-7 bikes on their way down.

We ate at Ed's Cantina around 9pm and headed up around 10pm. Winter riding gear in full force. Holy shit the wind blowing over a narrow part of the pass just as you leave that huge overlook half way up. Thought we were going to get blown right off the road and over the cliff. Fortunately it got better right past that little 150 yard stretch of road. The park is so beautiful during the day but it's a pretty insignificant feeling to be up there by yourself at midnight with the shadows of the mountains illuminated by the full moon looming in the distance. The lights of civilization look soooo far away.

I heard about the full moon ride all summer long and was very excited to meet up with a good group for the ride. Hope we'll get it done next year! :cheers:

Mother Goose
Mon Sep 27th, 2010, 02:39 PM
I think it did go on, but it ended up being organized on Facebook.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Sep 27th, 2010, 02:44 PM
We checked on facebook and all I found was some guy saying he wasn't going and he didn't want to organize it in the first place. no more comments other than that.

Mother Goose
Mon Sep 27th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Cathy made an event, that's all I saw.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Sep 27th, 2010, 02:50 PM
I'm a facebook noob. the wife's on there probably keeping up with old boyfriends

Mother Goose
Mon Sep 27th, 2010, 02:52 PM
I'm a facebook noob. the wife's on there probably keeping up with old boyfriends
Yeah, we talk all the time. Wait, what?

mtnairlover
Mon Sep 27th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Sorry we missed you. I posted the event on my wall/profile/er whatever on FB. We had 5 bikes total. One was two-up (that was ChrisCBX and his wife). That was probably us you passed coming back down. There were more vehicles up there this year as compared to last. One vehicle was more than last year. But, then again, last year we went up in October. :cold:

Look for a full-moon ride next summer instead of fall. Someone will need to remind those of us with more gray hair on their head than they can count.;)

I'm gonna post Jason's cool pic from the top. It was a bit of a struggle getting the right light, but I think he did a pretty good job.

ChrisCBX
Mon Sep 27th, 2010, 04:47 PM
I kinda thought there would be people that wanted to go that couldn't. Like last year, it was a lot of fun again.

Next year we will hopefully have a LARGE group.

Jason's pic is really cool.:)

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Sep 27th, 2010, 05:06 PM
we only saw 1 car up there and 4 bicycles. The one car wasn't even at the top. Can't imagine midnight there in October, it was cold enough last Friday.

Oh yea, we did see elk too. A herd of cows just off the road with a nice size bull following them. Then right when we left the gate there was a HUGE bull standing there just off the road.

BC14
Mon Sep 27th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Yay, finally got that pic up.....