PDA

View Full Version : New Wheels

Sarge
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 01:52 AM
Anybody gotten a new bike lately? Or just have something nice they'd like to show off?

Here's mine:

As soon as I get back from Iraq I'm going to put her up for BOTM. :up:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Nice! My buddy Steve has a Haga/Edwards edition, with Akra's and Power commander. Beware of your rear brake not working......ever......

Sarge
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Haha, I was only able to put about 200 miles on it and hadn't had any issues so far, but I'm saving up for a set of RSV4 stock rear sets. Hopefully I can find some that someone replaced with aftermarket. The RSV4 ones bolt right on, no mod needed, and have a *normal* master cylinder attached, and stood vertical all proper like. :p A few if the guys at apriliaforum.com have done the mod and it's fixed the brakes 100%.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Haha, I was only able to put about 200 miles on it and hadn't had any issues so far, but I'm saving up for a set of RSV4 stock rear sets. Hopefully I can find some that someone replaced with aftermarket. The RSV4 ones bolt right on, no mod needed, and have a *normal* master cylinder attached, and stood vertical all proper like. :p A few if the guys at apriliaforum.com have done the mod and it's fixed the brakes 100%.
I'll have to mention that to Steve, 'cause his NEVER work. If you like, I can get a list of all the things he's had problems with. It's a beautiful bike, but man, it's a pain!

Sarge
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 07:25 AM
I've been doing a lot of reading on it myself. Not much else do stuck in the desert these days... Anyway, most of the complaints are geared towards the rear brake and the electrical system. There's a wire with two brown plugs that runs through the V in the engine block that sometimes needs the plugs replaced, else they melt, and a lot of people replace the stator and charging system with equivalent Yamaha parts to keep the stator from burning out.

Other than that I just need to get some sliders and a back seat for the wife. It is a beautiful bike, but those fairings are IMPOSSIBLE to replace, even in Italy...