PDA

View Full Version : RIP FZ6R

50sGrl
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 08:27 PM
From what I've been told, it was just a matter of time, so I'm glad to get this out of the way and move on:

asp_125
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Ah that'll buff right out... the gas cap anyway.

:( OY! Dislike.

GixxerCarrie
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 08:29 PM
How did you hold up? Bikes can be replaced..Glad your around to post.

ChrisCBX
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 08:33 PM
From what I've been told, it was just a matter of time, so I'm glad to just get this out of the way and move on:

Unfortunately it does appear to be true..........

There are two kinds of riders, those that have wrecked and those that are going to wreck.

Did your riding safety gear help?

PunyJuney
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Did you remember to get your sammich out of your fast pack?

50sGrl
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 08:56 PM

Most definitely.

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Ya know, it does look purple.

What color will the next one be??? Tick tock tick tock ;)

50sGrl
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Did you remember to get your sammich out of your fast pack?

And yes, I got my sammich and sweet potato fries, and they made it through unscathed.

asp_125
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 08:58 PM
I talked with Ann, she is one tough cookie. :bow: Amazing, lucky, or both. Like the sammich and fries, she was also unscathed.

OUTLAWD
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 09:06 PM
honda polish?

glad you are OK....by the looks of it I should stop whining about being hit today and HTFU :)

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 09:07 PM
I must say, although I missed the action, the scene was, and still is, baffling. The judges surely must have scored it a 10!

asp_125
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 09:08 PM
honda polish?

Psshhht.. that only works on Hondas. :D

Sean
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Glad you're alive and okay.

Nvr2late
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Using my very first post to tell you I'm so glad you're okay. Bikes can be replaced but you can't.

We need to have a bike shopping day. :bananna:

Maria

bodhizafa
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Good that your not hurt.....time for a new bike :)

Wrider
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Good to hear you're alright! Turn that biotch into a badass streetfighter...

Tylar
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Glad to hear you're okay. Such a pretty blue....

Matty
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Ouch... Glad you're ok.

Ol'Skool
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Glad you're ok. I missed most of this riding season due to a spill.

Survivalism
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Sorry to see your bike got so banged up, i just took my first spill about a week ago in coal creek. Its nice to get it out of the way so you can move on.

Thank god you came out okay and were wearing your gear, hope you can find a new bike easily.

drevinci
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Sorry you went down. I am glad to hear that you walked away from it. The bike can always be replaced, plus the season's almost over so prices will start to drop in a little bit.

Sarge
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Unfortunately it does appear to be true..........

There are two kinds of riders, those that have wrecked and those that are going to wreck.

Glad you're alright. At least you've got an excuse for a new bike :)

+1 to the safety gear. Any pics of the helmet or your jacket or anything? Or were you able to ditch before anything happened?

willb003
Wed Sep 29th, 2010, 11:48 PM
I dont get what you people mean by "get it out of the way." I hope you all realize you can wreck more than once.

Sarge
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 12:52 AM
I dont get what you people mean by "get it out of the way." I hope you all realize you can wreck more than once.

I think it has to do with the whole stigma of the thing. Most people, if not all, will crash at some point or another, and before you do the first time a lot of people ride thinking "omg what if I crash." Well, once you've crashed at least once you're basically more "experienced." You know what you did wrong, what happened, and just how bad, or not so bad, the crash actually was, and I think that might mellow or sober people up a little to the whole idea of crashing. Life lessons learned, that kind of thing. This is why we have insurance. :)

Zach929rr
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 01:03 AM
So what's the full story? Did you target fixate on a full size cut out of Patrick Swayze?

50sGrl
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 05:24 AM

I think it has to do with the whole stigma of the thing. Most people, if not all, will crash at some point or another, and before you do the first time a lot of people ride thinking "omg what if I crash." Well, once you've crashed at least once you're basically more "experienced." You know what you did wrong, what happened, and just how bad, or not so bad, the crash actually was, and I think that might mellow or sober people up a little to the whole idea of crashing. Life lessons learned, that kind of thing. This is why we have insurance. :)

:yes: "Get it out of the way" was just me being a bit flippant for public consumption in response to that adage that there are those who have crashed and those who will. In truth, this was a wake-up call that, even though I ride nearly every day, have had terrific instruction and friendly tutoring, learned alot and progressed rapidly, I am still a noob, and may be for awhile yet. And will ride accordingly.

50sGrl
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 05:29 AM
So what's the full story? Did you target fixate on a full size cut out of Patrick Swayze?

Not really sure about the full story. But for the record, he would not be my target of choice.

Ol'Skool
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 05:30 AM
:dunno:So...what happened? readers digest version or war and peace version.

mtnairlover
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 05:50 AM
I'm glad you came out unscathed, Ann. Yes, it could have been a lot worse.

Ask me about my crashes, but more importantly figure out what it was that made you biff it. I crashed more than once and it was always in Fall. Last year, I broke the cycle (still knocking on wood) because a friend of mine took me to dinner and asked all the tough questions. After talking for about an hour, we were able to finally get to the hard truth. It was sobering and yet I was glad to finally get to the bottom of my crashes.

Either way...that bike looks like it took a beating...so I will say it again...so glad you are here to write about it.;)

Depths_of_Mind
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 06:29 AM
Weeeeeew... glad you're alright (physicaly at least).

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Sorry to see that, but glad you're ok. Yes, it happens to most of us, and a child doesn't learn to walk without falling down, so we don't usually learn to ride without falling off.

Hope you get it all straightened out, and back in the saddle soon!

P.S. I'd as well like to hear what happened if you can remember and feel like telling the story. I see a HUGE dent in the front rim.

Snowman
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Glad to see you are ok. It means you knew when to let it go. (an invaluable skill)

As for the bike, I have always believed you never truly own a bike until you lay it down. I’d say this one was paid in full.

TFOGGuys
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Glad to hear you made it through with no serious injuries, from the look of the bike, it could have been much different. Bikes can be replaced, people cannot. Bummer though, it was a sweet bike.....

dirkterrell
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 09:43 AM
In truth, this was a wake-up call that, even though I ride nearly every day, have had terrific instruction and friendly tutoring, learned alot and progressed rapidly, I am still a noob, and may be for awhile yet. And will ride accordingly.

I am in my 28th year of riding and I am still learning. When I stop learning and have it all figured out, that's when I'll quit.

Dirk

Bueller
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 09:49 AM
I am in my 28th year of riding and I am still learning. When I stop learning and have it all figured out, that's when I'll quit.

Dirk

When I am done crashing is when I am done riding :lol:

Glad to hear you are good Ann, hope you keep at it

50sGrl
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 09:53 AM
. . . hope you keep at it

I'm shopping today for the next one.

McVaaahhh
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Glad you're alright! Looks like it could've been much worse.

Sully
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Fred told me to stop passing him doing wheelies, he probably should have told you that instead ;) Glad you're ok!

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 10:24 AM

:applause: :up:

Get back on that horse!

gregr
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 10:53 AM

You should be able to have some fun with the sales guys!

"Hey Mr. Salesguy, ya, I totaled my last bike a few hours ago. But hey, this new S1000RR sure looks shiny - can you get that ready for a test ride?"

:)

Cap'n Crunch
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Glad to hear your ok! What caused the crash?

cptschlongenheimer
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Glad you're ok.

I agree that talking about the cause is probably a worthwhile exercise. May help you avoid repeating a mistake. And it may help someone else not make the same one. So please, explain the situation a little more...

MetaLord 9
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Glad you're alright! Can't tell what happened exactly, but the damage I see doesn't look too hard to replace

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 11:33 AM
too much spur in the flank? too heavy handed on the reins? forgot to tighten the cinch? too much grain and she's feeling frisky in the cool weather?

MetaLord 9
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 11:58 AM
I know what it was. She saw a mouse.

50sGrl
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 02:08 PM
She saw a mouse.

Oh, puhleeze.

I am truly still trying to piece it together. I cannot remember what it was but something distracted me (and it was NOT a mouse), I looked up and that was probably that. Luckily we weren't going fast as we were just heading out of Nederland. The bike took the worst of it because of the large rocks it hit (and it is well and truly totaled) -- I have a lovely bruise on one thigh and my upper body is a bit sore when I laugh (really), there are some scratches on my helmet and that's about it. I realize how extremely fortunate I am.

But back up on that horse: FZ6R ver. 2.0 should be up and running next Friday.

Sleev
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 02:20 PM
glad to hear all your pieces/parts are in good shape Ann!

asp_125
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 03:36 PM
This....

...But back up on that horse: FZ6R ver. 2.0 should be up and running next Friday.

.. is awesome. :applause:

Sean
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 03:39 PM
I know a nice 07 CBR 1000rr for sale. :eyebrows:

RAGrote
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 04:01 PM

Not true.
Period.

We, riders, should NEVER resign ourselves to this thought process. NEVER.
IMO, of course. (my experience, your results may vary)

Sorry about the bike. Glad you're OK!!

ChrisCBX
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Not true.
Period.

We, riders, should NEVER resign ourselves to this thought process. NEVER.
IMO, of course. (my experience, your results may vary)

Sorry about the bike. Glad you're OK!!

I've been around a bunch of motorcyclists over many years. I can think of only a very few that have not at least dumped their bike in a parking lot or intersection. If you were to poll the members of CSC, I think you will find similar results.

fasterlaster
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 06:54 PM

When we rode last time, you did mention that the ding in your gas tank from dropping it was bothering you.....

So glad you are ok!

CaptGoodvibes
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 08:07 PM
But back up on that horse: FZ6R ver. 2.0 should be up and running next Friday.

Geek! ;) :bow: