PDA

View Full Version : Next Track Day Dates

DucWise
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Are there any more official (or semi-official) Track Days coming up this year? i.e. For those that have not been on a track in a while (or ever?). Just curious if there are any dates planned for the rest of the year where one could get a little help/instruction and possibly even 'certified' to run some of the other lap days in the future.

Thanks!

UglyDogRacing
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Quite a few motorcycle lapping days coming up at HPR- http://highplainsraceway.com/events.html They don't do any formal training like at a Chicane day and there is not certification required to run other track days. However if its a rider's first time out, Glenn will go over the rules with you and could possibly pair a new rider up with someone more experienced for a few sessions.

Another option is to come do the MRA's Super Street class at our final round this season on Saturday October 9th. http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=10722&start=42

DucWise
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Thanks Jim. Have some scheduling conflicts for the final Super Street round coming up. Just checking for a friend and myself to see what the options might be before winter sets in this year. Any idea if Chicane will be doing anything else this year? Or Faasst? Or?? I'll also look into the HPR days HPR.

UglyDogRacing
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Chicane is done for this year. Faast doesnt have anymore motorcycle days listed on their schedule. Looks like your only option is HPR or PPIR.

hcr25
Sat Oct 2nd, 2010, 06:48 AM
I would be happy to help you if you come out to HPR. This monday is a motorcycle only lapping day. I have been roadracing for 15 years and was a instructor for the MRA the past 6 or 7 years. I would also suggest doing a Chicane or a Faasst track day. I have helped at both and you will have a great time at either.

I am the Facilities manager at HPR and work there full time. I will be there either way so at least come by and say hello.
Mike Applehans #25

Kitten
Sat Oct 2nd, 2010, 09:24 AM
See ya on Monday.

R1-Laubinero
Sat Oct 2nd, 2010, 10:01 AM
i know this is a silly question... 2 piece suits ok?

R1-Laubinero
Sat Oct 2nd, 2010, 10:06 AM
ok never mind I read the policy letter --2 piece has to zip all the way around...

DucWise
Sat Oct 2nd, 2010, 02:03 PM
I would be happy to help you if you come out to HPR. This monday is a motorcycle only lapping day. I have been roadracing for 15 years and was a instructor for the MRA the past 6 or 7 years. I would also suggest doing a Chicane or a Faasst track day. I have helped at both and you will have a great time at either.

I am the Facilities manager at HPR and work there full time. I will be there either way so at least come by and say hello.
Mike Applehans #25

Thank Mike! Sent you a PM regarding this. :cool:

TorchRedCorvette
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 07:23 AM
I'm in need of seat time and am planning to do the Oct. 24th and 30th track days, weather and $ permitting... anyone else in? :multi: