PDA

View Full Version : Well, fark! Got the axe early.....

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 02:27 PM
I figured there was work for me until the middle of Oct as they mentioned the 15th as an end date about a week ago. Turns out the HR ASSHOLES decided that since today was the end of the fiscal year, that they'd dump me and a few other guys early. Thanks for the notice dickheads. Noiiiice.

Soooo, guess I'm ready for the bread lines and soup kitchens!

So, if anyone knows of a need for a very experienced Mechanical/Industrial Designer, post up bitches!

Depths_of_Mind
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Wow, the clique mentality must be a lot stronger than even I expected. Amazing. Pathetic.:applause:

eh?

Sucks maing... sorry about loosing it (albiet a bit earlier then expected).

birchyboy
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Sorry to hear it man. Seems like it's going around a bit.

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 04:23 PM
sucks

Cap'n Crunch
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Yep, they always do that. They don't want people to sabotage the business, so they never tell you the actual date of the layoff - they want to suprise you. Believe me, they had planned this date all along. But, sorry to hear it. I still got my ears open for something in that field.

Nick_Ninja
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Wow, the clique mentality must be a lot stronger than even I expected. Amazing. Pathetic.:applause:

What the hell do you mean by that? :dunno:

Canuck
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Sorry to hear about that Frank.

Keyser Soze
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 05:24 PM
What the hell do you mean by that? :dunno:

This.

Sorry to hear, Frank. Seems to be the topic of a lot of discussions on a lot of boards. Hopefully you'll find something soon.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Thanks guys. I guess we'll have to get an official "CSC Unemployment Ride" going for all of those in the Bread Line........ ;)

Sorry about the previous outburst......things are just fucked.............

I'd like to wish all of us here, and everywhere, the best of luck in this Depression v2.0. I hope things turn around for us all.

Wrider
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 07:09 PM
I know the feeling buddy... Today was the last day at my job too. Off to find yet another! I went to school so I wouldn't be in this situation, now I'm in it but with student loans to pay off!

GixxerCarrie
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Best of luck finding something else...Its rough out there right now...companies are trying to make numbers for Qtr and the street. We suffer the consequnces.

LordLosh
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 07:14 PM
my dad and all employees just got laid off from a coal mine, my company is $400,000 in the hole, this is like the 6th fucking thread about being laid off this year. Enough is enough, sad thing is i feel its going to get worse before it gets better.

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 07:34 PM
if I can try to spread some good news. My business has finally started to see some increase. Our September was probably the best month we've seen in over a year and a half. I'm seeing a lot more signs of increase for us in the fourth quarter. My outlook on the direction of the current economy hasn't been this good in a long time.

Think positive

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 08:57 PM
if I can try to spread some good news. My business has finally started to see some increase. Our September was probably the best month we've seen in over a year and a half. I'm seeing a lot more signs of increase for us in the fourth quarter. My outlook on the direction of the current economy hasn't been this good in a long time.

Think positive
I'm glad you're doing well, more power to you bro! Keep up the good work.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 08:58 PM
I know the feeling buddy... Today was the last day at my job too. Off to find yet another! I went to school so I wouldn't be in this situation, now I'm in it but with student loans to pay off!
Man that sucks, I wish you the best man. This shit sucks.

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 09:29 PM
I'm glad you're doing well, more power to you bro! Keep up the good work.

"well" is a bit of a stretch. Let's just say that people on unemployment were making more than me. But a good month in September and a possibility of a couple things here in the fourth might salvage my year to above the poverty line.

Wrider
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Man that sucks, I wish you the best man. This shit sucks.

Thanks, you too! If you want, I heard the mine in Cripple Creek is hiring. Be a beast of a commute for you though...

Keyser Soze
Thu Sep 30th, 2010, 10:30 PM
"Everything works out in the end. If it hasnt worked out, it's not the end"

:cheers:

MetaLord 9
Fri Oct 1st, 2010, 07:46 AM
Sorry to hear, good luck Frankles. You'll find something. Maybe even a little closer to civilization this time!

Devaclis
Fri Oct 1st, 2010, 08:42 AM
That sucks Frank. If I were not so pissed at engineers and engineering firms right now I would be keeping an eye out for ya.

Hell, I will do it any way :)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Oct 1st, 2010, 04:14 PM
Thanks guys, sorry I was in a pissy mood earlier. Like I said, when I get back, let's have an "Unemployment ride". And, unfortunately, that'll include far too many of my friends (this is one ride I'd RATHER do solo), but at least we unemployed can go out and have some fun. We'll hit up al the cheap eateries and have PBR!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Oct 1st, 2010, 04:16 PM
"well" is a bit of a stretch. Let's just say that people on unemployment were making more than me. But a good month in September and a possibility of a couple things here in the fourth might salvage my year to above the poverty line.
Well, best of luck anyways. I know what it's like man. I spent the last year living in someone's basement, with no TV, nothing to do, and noone to do it with until I met K. It's rough, and I hope it gets better for ALL of us.