PDA

View Full Version : Peg scraping fun?? Srsly?

asp_125
Fri Oct 1st, 2010, 07:48 AM
http://skyking96w.blogspot.com/2010/09/floridas-great-roads.html

:pointlaugh:

Oh I am sooo thankful we have real twisties.

50sGrl
Fri Oct 1st, 2010, 07:51 AM
How very sad.

drago52
Fri Oct 1st, 2010, 07:59 AM
that must be a joke

Mother Goose
Fri Oct 1st, 2010, 08:18 AM
Wow, remind me not to move there... EVER.

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Oct 1st, 2010, 10:03 AM
Side-splitter for sure!

Winsa12
Fri Oct 1st, 2010, 11:25 AM
Go easy. I came from Maine, we have some twisties (way more than the maps on that link) but nothing compared to here. This past weekend I took my CBR from Thornton to Winter Park, over to Estes and down through Nederland back on 72. HOLY JEEZ THERE ARE TWISTIES IN COLORADO. I loved it, I had never been able to lean the bike over as much as I did on the hairpins up the mountain to WP. I was so neverous (but determined to let it all hang out) that I was curling up my toes so they didn't drag. Awesome, just be humble to the poor riders that don't have what we have out here.

UglyDogRacing
Fri Oct 1st, 2010, 11:33 AM
Wow, remind me not to move there... EVER.

I grew up riding in Florida. That blog sums up the roads there. Be thankful for what you have here.

willb003
Fri Oct 1st, 2010, 11:42 AM
Lol Fuck...

birchyboy
Fri Oct 1st, 2010, 11:43 AM
Go easy. I came from Maine, we have some twisties (way more than the maps on that link) but nothing compared to here. This past weekend I took my CBR from Thornton to Winter Park, over to Estes and down through Nederland back on 72. HOLY JEEZ THERE ARE TWISTIES IN COLORADO. I loved it, I had never been able to lean the bike over as much as I did on the hairpins up the mountain to WP. I was so neverous (but determined to let it all hang out) that I was curling up my toes so they didn't drag. Awesome, just be humble to the poor riders that don't have what we have out here.

What part of Maine? I'm originally a Downeastah!

Krafty-1
Fri Oct 1st, 2010, 01:16 PM
Those roads look awesome. Try checking out a map of north dakota sometime. I. Want. To. Shoot. Myself. In. The. Head.
I actually am thinking about selling my bike. Its not fun riding here. At all. Maybe ill gear up for the yearly ice harvest this winter. Yaaaaaah.
Don't get married to a woman who's family lives up north. She'll drag you kicking and screaming.

Wrider
Fri Oct 1st, 2010, 01:35 PM
Heh if you're up there it looks like dualsports and dirtbikes are your only salvation!
Phoenix is the same way but in the city even those would be useless...
Srsly, look at a map of Phoenix. Perfect grid pattern, 1 mile by 1 mile for main roads. Never seen so many squared off tires in my life.

CaneZach
Fri Oct 1st, 2010, 01:37 PM
I grew up riding in Florida. That blog sums up the roads there. Be thankful for what you have here.

Same here. Florida roads aren't exactly fun.

ChrisCBX
Fri Oct 1st, 2010, 03:12 PM
Its posts like this that continue to remind me how much I love Colorado. As an Ohioan that lived in southeast Texas for a while, this is my bumper sticker...................

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/Cbxnut/002.jpg

asp_125
Fri Oct 1st, 2010, 03:15 PM
Lol Fuck...

:no: Sorry Will.. you're gonna have to take up urban SuMo.

OUTLAWD
Fri Oct 1st, 2010, 04:00 PM
Don't get married.

fixed ;)

will you should totally stretch the DRZ, and put a 300 out back

willb003
Sat Oct 2nd, 2010, 01:57 AM
:no: Sorry Will.. you're gonna have to take up urban SuMo.

What you think I been doing for the last half year.....besides hurting myself.

will you should totally stretch the DRZ, and put a 300 out back

Chrome and a turbo?

Captain Obvious
Sat Oct 2nd, 2010, 07:52 AM

+2

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sat Oct 2nd, 2010, 04:27 PM
Same here. Florida roads aren't exactly fun.
.....neither are Idaho roads, around here at least.....

CaneZach
Sat Oct 2nd, 2010, 04:55 PM
.....neither are Idaho roads, around here at least.....

I'm surprised at that. I thought they'd have some twisty mountain roads.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sat Oct 2nd, 2010, 05:12 PM
I'm surprised at that. I thought they'd have some twisty mountain roads.
They've got some good ones in a couple location, but nowhere near where I am, and nothing like the tons of good roads in CO, or UT for that matter. I'm told there are good ones up North (N_N suggested Lolo pass), and West (Bogus Basin), and Southeast (I've done the Cache near Bear Lake to Logan several times and that's a blast), but nothing near Idaho Falls. It's a flat, desert area. Perfect for storing nuclear waste........

Winsa12
Sat Oct 2nd, 2010, 10:15 PM
What part of Maine? I'm originally a Downeastah!

I grew up in Clinton, just north of Waterville. Went to UMaine in Orono. Up until this past weekend the best riding was around Cadillac and Bar Harbor.

BadR6Man
Sat Oct 2nd, 2010, 10:15 PM
I have to say that I am disappointed with the roads here in CO. I was excited to move here from VA with the mountains so close and expected more twisties to be closer. I had one of the best stretches of asphalt 5 miles from my house in VA. route 619 (Joplin Road).

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sat Oct 2nd, 2010, 10:44 PM
I have to say that I am disappointed with the roads here in CO. I was excited to move here from VA with the mountains so close and expected more twisties to be closer. I had one of the best stretches of asphalt 5 miles from my house in VA. route 619 (Joplin Road).
You obviously don't live close enough to the mtn's then.;) there are some flat out amazing roads here, with scenery that'll put to shame anything in VA. But beware and be careful, the roads here are far more dangerous and deadly, especially to you noobs here.

GreenGobblin
Sun Oct 3rd, 2010, 01:54 AM
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/Cbxnut/002.jpg

I like that sticker!!:applause: :up:

CaptGoodvibes
Sun Oct 3rd, 2010, 12:57 PM

Yeah, I expected closer access to good roads when I moved to CO. But I'm far from disappointed with what is here. Sure, it might take a few miles to get to the sweet stuff but...

Anyway, The season is winding down and only a few lower elevation roads will be ridable all winter so don't sweat it right now. Next season, do some long range exploring. There is a lot of good riding in this state!

asp_125
Sun Oct 3rd, 2010, 01:08 PM
Just move to the west siiiiide! :D

OUTLAWD
Sun Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:25 PM
...with scenery that'll put to shame anything in VA. But beware and be careful, the roads here are far more dangerous and deadly, especially to you noobs here.

Umm, I think I'll have to disagree...while the mountains are impressive, I would much rather see a lush green valley...

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sun Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:46 PM
Umm, I think I'll have to disagree...while the mountains are impressive, I would much rather see a lush green valley...
Guess it's personal preference then, I've seen 'em both, and much prefer the mtn's. And, we've got green lush valleys here and in UT as well.......with the added bonus of the mountains overlooking them, something the East doesn't have. You haven't spent much time here have you?

CaptGoodvibes
Sun Oct 3rd, 2010, 03:42 PM
I've lived East coast(MD and N.E.), West coast(Southern and Central Cali), and now here. I never rode a motorcycle in the East. For pure quality of life, I'll take the Front Range any day. Period. Plus, there are things to do here in the winter that make the Eastern half of the country pale in comparison.

asp_125
Sun Oct 3rd, 2010, 05:30 PM
East coast fall colors are the shizzit. :up: Not just one shade of yellow. So many shades of red, gold, browns.

But you also can't ride all year like you can here. .. and frost heaves and potholes in eastern winters.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sun Oct 3rd, 2010, 05:45 PM
East coast fall colors are the shizzit. :up: Not just one shade of yellow. So many shades of red, gold, browns.

But you also can't ride all year like you can here. .. and frost heaves and potholes in eastern winters.
I totally agree with both comments. I was born in winchester MA, and lived there until I was 10. The fall colors there, in Vermont, and NH are amazing. But, having lived both places, I'll take CO ANY day of thee week and twice on sundays!