PDA

View Full Version : TK's

Polar X
Tue Apr 5th, 2005, 07:36 PM
I took the bike in on monday morning at 11 to have a teca tune.
They said it would be wed at the earlyest...... well at 2.45 ( the same day :shock: ) I get a call saying the bike done, come and get it. just like good vittles, I was all over it.

It dynoed at 119 before and 122 after. I need a PCIII but that will have to wait, I also bought some rubber stuff for the tank to help hold me on the bike in corners. Bart was nice enough to mount that for me while I waited. they were pretty busy and still took the time to answer my stupid questions and help me.

KUDOS to TK, I will be back... :cheers:

wraithR1
Tue Apr 5th, 2005, 09:23 PM
I second that! I had my bike in their for a service and sprocket change a few weeks ago. I stopped at Performance Cycle the same day I was supposed to pick my bike up. As we all know, it's almost impossible to leave Performance Cycle empty handed. I left with a new set of tires. I went to TK to see if they could put the tires on quick even though it was last minute. Needless to say, when I showed up and asked Bart, he had this "you're an idiot" look on his face. Apparently he had the rear wheel of only moments before to install the rear sprocket. I laughed and jokingly apologized. Very funny guys at that shop.

Not to highlight the obvious, but TK rocks.

wraithR1
Tue Apr 5th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Last thing...I'm assuming 122 at the wheel is for the 750 listed in your sig? If so, those seem like great numbers! I have yet to put my bike on the dyno, but I was anticipating the same numbers for my R1. Maybe they will be higher then I thought....maybe :idea:

Bueller
Tue Apr 5th, 2005, 10:05 PM
I ordered a XT lap timer from them, and due to certain circumstances I was not in a good position to actually take delivery of it, and Brian was very understanding and let me slide. So if anyone has been concidering one they should have it in stock. :oops:
Just tell 'em you want the one Bueller stuck 'em with. :lol:

Wahooman
Tue Apr 5th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Last thing...I'm assuming 122 at the wheel is for the 750 listed in your sig? If so, those seem like great numbers! I have yet to put my bike on the dyno, but I was anticipating the same numbers for my R1. Maybe they will be higher then I thought....maybe :idea:
You should get at least that out of your R1. I have dynoed my last 2 Gixxer 750s there to break them in. Both had almost identical patterns and HP. 126hp......no modifications, right off the show room floor. They are great guys down there. Have answered many of my questions as well.

Polar X
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 12:00 AM
Last thing...I'm assuming 122 at the wheel is for the 750 listed in your sig? If so, those seem like great numbers! :idea:

Yes it was, Matt took care of this bike before I got it, and it shows.

Bertha
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 12:59 AM
Brian and Bart are great guys! Always nice and will listen... cept to me... They just call me a girl and make fun of me... :cry: But other then that they are great guys and have earned my free $$$ plus if I hear of anyone needed work I tell em where to go...

Who's this fag?!?!

http://home.comcast.net/~trinitron79/dyno2.jpg

ebazyl
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 01:13 AM
A much more productive question is what did that bike make?

Bertha
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 01:23 AM
blah no comment.... 98hp... fucking US ECU kills everything! I think brian or bart said at like 11k it starts to retard the ignition...

Working on getting a European ECU, they have the wide open one where as the US got one that retards everything so they can make emissions...

But I will say... The fucker is quite fast after 9k, and the close ratio tranny OWNS! But 1st gear is WAY tall... can you say 77mph in 1st!

CBRChick
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 06:18 AM
I definitely agree! Brian and Bart are great guys and really know their stuff. I don't trust my bike with too many people, and I have completely trust that they will make my baby better than ever. I wouldn't go anywhere else! :up:

BlueDevil
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 06:40 AM

I also have a stock 02 R1. Well a Slipon only. Last time out it dyno'd at 134.X Your R1 shouldnt dyno in the 120 anythings.

I will say they get some great results there. Buddy of mine just took his GIxx 1K in with a Yosh slip and a PCIII..... Got him like 9 rwhp more.

TK has always treated me right. Its good to have a shop in town that you can count on.

AshliRider44
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 08:17 AM
Yeah, Barts great.... Brian meh... not so much :D
J.K. Brian!! Thanks for making my bike sound great!!!! I'm not just saying that because your wife is my boss either :eyebrows: Who else would go get you coffee at seven in the morning??????

sprtbkbabe
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Yep... they rock

Shiniqua is like a whole new bike after her 2 week overhaul. :P

wraithR1
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 08:51 AM

I also have a stock 02 R1. Well a Slipon only. Last time out it dyno'd at 134.X Your R1 shouldnt dyno in the 120 anythings.

I will say they get some great results there. Buddy of mine just took his GIxx 1K in with a Yosh slip and a PCIII..... Got him like 9 rwhp more.

TK has always treated me right. Its good to have a shop in town that you can count on.

I used one of the those online HP calculators to adjust for altitude. It told me around 123HP rear wheel. This just goes to show that the online calculators aren't that accurate. Excellent.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 08:58 AM
can someone post their number up...i'm too lazy and it's not on the sponsors page. I need to get my valve's adjusted.

UglyDogRacing
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 09:09 AM
can someone post their number up...i'm too lazy and it's not on the sponsors page. I need to get my valve's adjusted.

720-904-9040

Anonymous
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 09:49 AM

I used one of the those online HP calculators to adjust for altitude. It told me around 123HP rear wheel. This just goes to show that the online calculators aren't that accurate. Excellent.

It may not be far off. What you're missing however, is that dynos automatically correct for that. "SAE HP", or what the dyno prints out for you, is what you'd theoretically get AT sea level. It isn't representative of an absolute value.

wraithR1
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 10:56 AM

It may not be far off. What you're missing however, is that dynos automatically correct for that. "SAE HP", or what the dyno prints out for you, is what you'd theoretically get AT sea level. It isn't representative of an absolute value.

Thanks for clarifying that! Needless to say, it might be worth the money to have TK put in a Power Commander and do a custom map. My only reservation is that I'm fine with the power my bike has now. Additional HP would only seem to serve for bragging purposes. I really have no functional use for it.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 10:59 AM
I just called Bart...I was impressed with him just over the phone.
I called him about my Gixxer 600 to see about a valve adjustment. And he said it's not necessary...suzuki's valves never budge.
I called colorado powersports, just to see what they'd say...um...yeah $400 and it needs to be done at 12k, i'll do my business w/ TK from now on!

UglyDogRacing
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 11:00 AM

Thanks for clarifying that! Needless to say, it might be worth the money to have TK put in a Power Commander and do a custom map. My only reservation is that I'm fine with the power my bike has now. Additional HP would only seem to serve for bragging purposes. I really have no functional use for it.

Additional HP is only part of it. The mapping will also smooth out your power curve which would be much more noticable.

wraithR1
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 11:11 AM
The power curves on the 2002-2003 R1's are pretty linear. I have no flat spots to speak of. Frankly, other than the occasional backfire from my Akro slip on, I have no real issues with the fuel delivery.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Re-mapping will get rid of backfiring as well.