PDA

View Full Version : 2010 MRA Race Season Finale @ High Plains Raceway this Weekend, Oct 9th & 10th!

MRA
Sun Oct 3rd, 2010, 10:29 PM
The 2010 MRA season comes to a close this coming weekend, October 9th and 10th, at High Plains Raceway. Many championships are still up for grabs which will make for an exciting weekend of racing. Don't miss your last chance of 2010 to experience the excitement of motorcycle roadracing here in Colorado!

Tickets for all MRA races are purchased at the event gate each Saturday and Sunday.

Weekend Admission: Adults $10 for the entire weekend of racing, Kids under 12 are free! Stop by your local motorcycle dealer for a 2 for 1 admission voucher.

Directions: High Plains Raceway is located on U.S. Highway 36, 17 miles east of Byers. This is 60 miles (and less than one hour) east of the I-25 & I-70 interchange, known locally as the Mousetrap. At Byers, exit I-70 (which bends to the south towards Limon) taking Highway 36 due east 17 miles. The track is on your left, with the entrance at the Easternmost side of the property.
Information: Call (303) 769-4771
Website: www.highplainsraceway.com (http://www.highplainsraceway.com)

The MRA is dedicated to promoting safe and competitive motorcycle roadracing events for enthusiasts in Colorado and the surrounding area.

For more information go to www.mra-racing.org (http://www.mra-racing.org)

For a daily schedule of races go to http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=10406

drago52
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 10:16 PM
I don't quite understand the schedule. For Saturday, the schedule says superstreet is at 1pm, but says classroom next to it. Are the events in the morning races? Then on Sunday, it says there is qualifying. I'm confused. I want to see some races of different classes. I don't care to see any practice sessions. What time should I show up and what day? Thanks.

asp_125
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Saturday - MWSS is the first race
Sunday - STGTO is the first race, though ROR qualifying they throw down some pretty fast laps.

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Me too. Never attended a race weekend. Which items on the schedule are races, which are qualifying, and which are practice?

EDIT: Doh!

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Saturday - MWSS is the first race

Does that start at 12:30pm? or 7 mins after? or is it a 7 lap race?

Sunday - STGTO is the first race

Same question, different time...

asp_125
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 10:53 PM
If it doesn't say "min" it's laps.

PS the food concession has pretty good breakfast burritos, and practice time is good time to wander the paddock and talk to riders. As race time approaches some tend to be a bit more focused and intense.

Sunday lunchtime parade laps of HPR.. appropriate helmet and riding gear. Doo eet!

rybo
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 11:05 PM
Don't forget! This weekend we are going to roll out our NEW SPEC CLASS!

That's right, for 2010 the MRA is adding a Ninja 250 class that is designed to keep all of the bikes VERY equal! There is going to be a gaggle of them at round 8 and we'll be racing them in two exhibition races, one on satruday during the schedule position marked "heat races" and on Sunday right before lunch. A number of the bikes will be on display by the gazebo!

Come talk to us about this economical way to have fun on the racetrack, check out the bikes and meet the crazy people who think this is a good idea!

See you there this weekend!

Bueller
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 12:31 AM
I don't quite understand the schedule. For Saturday, the schedule says superstreet is at 1pm, but says classroom next to it. Are the events in the morning races? Then on Sunday, it says there is qualifying. I'm confused. I want to see some races of different classes. I don't care to see any practice sessions. What time should I show up and what day? Thanks.

Sat. be there by 1:00-Superstreet is the last race of the day, 12:30 is when their classroom instruction begins
Sun be there by 10:00- Sunday would probably be your first choice unless you have friends that race novice classes only.

And Rybo I just might have to come battle ninjas with you :p

drago52
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 02:17 AM
If it doesn't say "min" it's laps.

PS the food concession has pretty good breakfast burritos, and practice time is good time to wander the paddock and talk to riders. As race time approaches some tend to be a bit more focused and intense.

Sunday lunchtime parade laps of HPR.. appropriate helmet and riding gear. Doo eet!

So, If I come check it out Sunday, I can watch races, then run some laps during lunch for $5?!? there must be some fine print in there..

asp_125
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 06:51 AM
Well, there is a little thing called gate admission. .. oh and the laps are controlled, parade laps so don't expect to be winding out the top of fourth. And you'll be out there among cars, other bikes, and the odd pitbike. But seeing the track from a racer's POV is cool, especially that blind uphill sweeper and the esses.

rybo
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 09:16 AM
And Rybo I just might have to come battle ninjas with you :p

That's what I like to hear! I can't wait to race these little things, it's going to be a total kick in the pants!

So, If I come check it out Sunday, I can watch races, then run some laps during lunch for $5?!? there must be some fine print in there..

No fine print, but they are guided parade laps, not full tilt trackday laps. The purpose being to give spectators an idea what the track looks like from the rider's perspective. There will be cars, scooters, motorcycles etc out there. More "all in a line" than "this is great spot to overtake for position"

s

drago52
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 09:30 AM
ha, ok, well thats still pretty cool that they do that. I'll head out Sunday.

rybo
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Ryan,

A bunch of shops still have 2 for 1 flyers. Get one of those and bring a friend for 1/2 price admission. Darn near every shop in the state had them for most of the season. I know that RMK still has some as I was there the other day. That isn't too far from you.

or better yet....check this!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=119357748121888

Scott

bornwildnfree
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 11:45 AM
I will be there to support on Friday night and Saturday morning. Good luck everyone!

dragos13
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Can't wait!!!!

drago52
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Ryan,

A bunch of shops still have 2 for 1 flyers. Get one of those and bring a friend for 1/2 price admission. Darn near every shop in the state had them for most of the season. I know that RMK still has some as I was there the other day. That isn't too far from you.

Scott

even better. Thanks! A buddy and myself will be there Sunday.

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Ryan,

Scott

What page is that event on? I forgot my password and can only get on FB from my phone right this instant.

rybo
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 08:53 PM
What page is that event on? I forgot my password and can only get on FB from my phone right this instant.

Grand Prix motorsports page.

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Thanks!

stimacsays
Wed Oct 6th, 2010, 05:53 PM
I will be there camped at the gate tomorrow night. See you all there.

PsychoMike
Wed Oct 6th, 2010, 08:28 PM
i may have been convniced to bring the 250 out

Bueller
Wed Oct 6th, 2010, 08:34 PM

Do it! I just finished prepping mine.

longrider
Wed Oct 6th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Ryan,

Scott

I still have a stack of 2 for 1s at Fay Myers, come and get them!

OUTLAWD
Thu Oct 7th, 2010, 08:59 AM

Do it! I just finished prepping mine.

mine is ready to go...mostly safety wired and belly panned

MRA
Thu Oct 7th, 2010, 02:06 PM

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36321

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Oct 8th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Okay, the plan is to bring Sweetie with me on Sunday. We'll try to be there in time for breakfast burritos. Can't wait!

asp_125
Fri Oct 8th, 2010, 10:53 AM
I can't wait to see all the 2-fiddys running around out there.

OUTLAWD
Fri Oct 8th, 2010, 11:19 AM

oh...you will wait...as we idle down the back straight...

asp_125
Fri Oct 8th, 2010, 12:33 PM

LOL makes it easy for me to take your pictures!

Bueller
Fri Oct 8th, 2010, 01:02 PM

I am bringing a sack lunch and a new level of "Angry Birds" for Android to occupy myself on the back straight. :applause:

OUTLAWD
Fri Oct 8th, 2010, 01:04 PM
maybe I should rig up the throttle meister from the triumph on the 250...or rig up some sort of lever throttle off a lawn mower

Bueller
Fri Oct 8th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Just wire that throttle wide open and when the tree goes hit the starter button, drop the clutch and go! Hit the kill switch at the end of the cool down lap. :lol:

asp_125
Fri Oct 8th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Can I run alongside while taking pictures? :pointlaugh:

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Oct 8th, 2010, 04:13 PM
I just picked up 2 comp'd tix from CO Powersports on 104th. I think they have more.

Stupid question alert. Where do you sit to watch? I can't find seating info on the website.

asp_125
Fri Oct 8th, 2010, 05:24 PM
I just picked up 2 comp'd tix from CO Powersports on 104th. I think they have more.

Stupid question alert. Where do you sit to watch? I can't find seating info on the website.

There is one set of bleachers at Turn 1, and another set near pit-in. Otherwise it's bring your own chairs or stand along the inside of the wall.

You can also pull off to the side of the gravel driveway and watch all through T2.

DW
Sat Oct 9th, 2010, 07:37 AM
There is one set of bleachers at Turn 1, and another set near pit-in. Otherwise it's bring your own chairs or stand along the inside of the wall.

You can also pull off to the side of the gravel driveway and watch all through T2.

Appreciate this info. Me and my gf are going sunday and was going to leave the dog at home. But maybe we'll bring her and do the chair thing so we can stay as long as we want. :up:

CaptGoodvibes
Sat Oct 9th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Oh yeah. Dog friendly?

Bueller
Sat Oct 9th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Oh yeah. Dog friendly?

on leash, good to go

PinkGixx26
Sat Oct 9th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Anyone know what time does the 250 race starts??? I don't want to miss it!

Bueller
Sat Oct 9th, 2010, 06:51 PM
It is scheduled for right before the lunch break, but 11:00 should be plenty of time. There is a lot of good racing from 10:00 on.

Today's 250 race was a lot of fun, tomorrow should be even better.

PinkGixx26
Sat Oct 9th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Thanks!