PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Colorado, I will miss you!

McVaaahhh
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 08:39 AM
As some of you know I've been out of work for over a year now. And while that's been great for my golf game, and I've spent a lot of time in the gym, it has really sucked to have very little income from unemployment.

Well, I finally got a job and am really stoked about it. :yay:

The only downside about this position is that it's located in Tucson, AZ, so Jenny and I will be moving there very soon. I will miss CO for sure, but this is an amazing opportunity for my career and a position I would probably take had I still been employed.

I am going to be very busy over the next couple of weeks as I try and get my house ready for sale and get myself packed up for the move. I hope that I can make a couple of happy hours or other events to catch up with some of you before I go.

--Brian

MetaLord 9
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Congrats and damnit!!!

Glad you landed such a great opportunity Brian! Sad as hell to see ya go though man!

Good luck and if you don't come out for a beer before you go, we're coming down to Arizona to visit...and bringing Frank (he should be happy there! :D )

Sean
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Congrats on the job Brian!

On the other hand, that sucks. You will def be missed here. It's always a pleasure chatting with you at the events or track days. Hopefully you'll make it up here for a visit every now and then.

ghostrider_9
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 08:50 AM
I am very glad to hear that you landed a good job. Best wishes in all that you do.

It sounds like a going away party is in order!

Devaclis
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 08:55 AM
WTF mate!! We are going to miss you B. Good luck out there. Make it big then move back! That is my 2 year plan for you. Make it happen!

asp_125
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Congrats and dammit that sucks you have to leave. On the other hand, it will be prime riding season by the time you get down there.

OUTLAWD
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Congrats Brian!

It sounds like a going away party is in order!

I like the way you think

sprtbkbabe
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 09:07 AM
This is sad news for your friends :( But there is nothing better than hearing you got a great job lined up buddy!!!

bulldog
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Congrats, but makes me sad too...

http://www.familypetmedicalcenter.com/medical_images/sad_bulldog.jpg

~Barn~
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Woo Hoo! Now I know who to hit-up when my travels take me through Tucson!

Bummed to hear that you guys aren't going to be locals anymore Brian, but happy that you found a new gig worth moving for, and jealous of your new adventure. Have a blast meng, and keep your A/C working! :D

Mother Goose
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 09:26 AM
If you need me to take care of the RC while you're in the flat lands, let me know. I'm here for you, buddy. ;)

Congrats on the new job. There are some nice golf courses down there, so hopefully you put the new skills to work.

Matty
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Congrats buddy. Kinda bummed you gots to go. Good luck.

dirkterrell
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Great to hear that you found a job that has you stoked but definitely bummed that you had to find it out of town. I like Dana's plan. :) Best of luck to you guys down there.

Dirk

McVaaahhh
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Thanks everybody! It's definitely bittersweet as Jenny and I have lived in Denver pretty much our whole lives and have made lots of great friends along the way.

We'll certainly be back at some point, at least for visiting. In the meantime, hit me up in February when you're all freezing your arses off and come hang out and swim in my pool. :up:

Canuck
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Congratulations on the new job. Sucks that you two will be leaving, but at least you'll be closer to Las Vegas :up:

asp_125
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 09:40 AM
This: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=Mt+Lemmon,+Az&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Mt+Lemmon,+Tucson,+Pima,+Arizona&gl=us&ei=YvSpTODLBMXhnAev2LWYDQ&ved=0CBkQ8gEwAA&ll=32.394457,-110.722275&spn=0.240612,0.523224&z=11

I know a couple of riders down in Tucson who'd be happy to show you their local twisties.

.. and the KLR will be handy for desert riding.

salsashark
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 09:43 AM
congrats on the new job...

Snowman
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Congratulations and good luck.

bodhizafa
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Its good to live somewhere else for a while, maybe when the economy gets better down the road jobs in Denver will open up. Good luck.

dapper
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Congratulations!

Winters in southern Arizona are nice.

rforsythe
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Congrats on the job, sorry to see you go though! Keep your bike locked up down there, and consider fitting a gun rack for those desert rides so you don't get turned into a coke mule. ;) If you want to come back for the St Patty's Day parade I have a bike for ya.

RajunCajun
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Congrats on the job, Brian! I'm heading out there very soon, without a job, so I hope I can land something out there.

I spent 3 years in Tucson and the riding is awesome! The summer's make it too hot to ride but the other 9 months are amazing!

Nick_Ninja
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Congrats! Visit the OK Corral and have a shootout!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Been there man, done that. Hey, at least it's a nice area, and not too far away. congrats on the job and hopefully one day you'll be back!

GixxerCarrie
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Tears...your leaving!!! Come back and visit lots ok!

CaneZach
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Brian, congrats on the new job! It sucks you have to move though.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Wow...Congrats on finally finding what you wanted.

We didn't get to hang out much anyways, but you'll be missed.

Scer
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Sounds like a good catch with the position man! Good luck and come back and play soon.

play on playas

Sully
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Congrats!! Sad you are leaving, but make sure we meet up before you go!

Wrider
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Does that mean someone's gonna put together a CSC group ride to Tucson sometime? lol

mtnairlover
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Does that mean someone's gonna put together a CSC group ride to Tucson sometime? lol

With that said...someone please tell me that the Coronado Trail (aka hwy191) is a paved road...http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/hwy191.jpg

:o

Gonna miss ya, kiddo. But, like everyone else has already said, I'm glad you found something to suit your fancy. Getting paid for what you love to do is such a bonus in life.

Anyhoo...if a group ride were to be planned to come for a visit, I'd do what I could to join in on the fun...damn this road looks amazing...

Good luck and all my best to you and Jenny.

~Barn~
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 03:12 PM
^^
http://www.cyclerides.com/rides/dayrides/coronadotrail/coronadoride.htm

mtnairlover
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 03:26 PM
^^
http://www.cyclerides.com/rides/dayrides/coronadotrail/coronadoride.htm

Oh my god! I'm salivating and my eyes are watering...

Dude!

Hey Brian...how's bout you plan on some visitors next Spring...maybe late Spring?...lol.

FZ1Guy
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Good luck down there, sounds like a great job. It always nice to get a fresh start in life again! See you around, hopefully before you leave we can have one last HH.

Jeff

200sr20
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Congrats, hate to see you leave

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Congrats for sure!

Vehicle 1
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Take care out there, good luck!

eklew
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Congrats on the job offer Brian. Hope you like Arizona!!! We will miss you for sure!

FZRguy
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Good luck Brian! Send us some warm temps when it's -10.

Horsman
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Congrats on the Job!!! Sucks that you are going!!! Yeah, do what Dana Said!!! We will miss you!!!

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Wow B.... bittersweet congrats for sure!
Wish you'd have been able to find an equally enticing opportunity here, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Best of luck with everything my friend!!

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Congrats Brian!

Wyck
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Congrats!

Spiderman
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Sucks that you gotta go - we're def. gonna miss ya, but congrats on getting such a great opportunity!!

Did somebody say "Going Away Party"? :cheers: :drink: :twisted:

MAZIN
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Hey man Good luck and have fun!

McVaaahhh
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the well-wishes everyone!

Cathy, that road looks awesome and I'll definitely have to check it out. Let me know if that's something you really want to do, I'm sure I'll have a place for you to crash.

Any excuse to party right? :cheers:

Gainer
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Great to hear Brian!!!!!!! Looks like all the cool kids are moving to the desert. I know leaving Denver sucks, but having a job makes it easier.... I know. See you the next time you're in Vegas. Always happy to entertain Jenny while you play poker, LOL. I wish the two of you the best!!!

TheStig
Wed Oct 6th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Glad to hear you landed a gig! I get sad to hear all the layoff stories so its nice to hear about someone turning it into a great opportunity. Good luck!