PDA

View Full Version : Yearly Supporter title? *** UPDATED - How to get it back ***

Sean
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Do we get our yearly supporter title back? Just curious.

I only ask, because I know that Ralph sits at home all day, doing nothing except waiting for another requst from the CSC.
(Please re-read that statement with more sarcasm)

Admin Edit:
See post #42 (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=542503#post542503) for an alternate solution.
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/images/MB/emoticons/spidey.gif

TFOGGuys
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Yeah, me too....

http://techblog.dallasnews.com/mob.jpg

Spiderman
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 12:50 PM
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/announcement.php?f=22&a=8
... 2nd paragraph, 2nd sentence.

I suppose, technically, posting in this thread could be deemed as the equivalent of letting an administrator know, but I'll leave that decision to Ralph, since he's the one that has to match up user requests to the PayPal receipts.

See post #42 (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=542503#post542503) for an alternate solution.

dirkterrell
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 12:55 PM
My Lifetime Supporter status was apparently recovered but my Yearly Supporter was not. I don't really care if these things are noted in my profile but I want to be sure that you guys continue to get my yearly donation to the cause.

Dirk

Sean
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Bob,
I actually did read that and sent out a pm after the board came back up. I just hadn't heard anything since, so I thought I would ask. It's not a big deal at all, I just thought I would follow up.

Spiderman
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Sean,

Ah, gotcha. Well, I know some people have contacted me, and others have contacted Wicky, I'm not sure who's contacted Ralph directly, but I'm sure he has all of them on his list of things to do. 8)

OUTLAWD
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Sean...you are on Ralph's to do list...

~Barn~
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 01:19 PM
I forget how it works.... When we get our "yearly" back, is that what gives us the ability for the custom avatar caption?

I only ask because I'm pumped, and ready for the healing to begin.

Sean
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Sean...you are on Ralph's to do list...
It's the beard. There's no denying it. It has magical powers. :bat:

Spiderman
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 01:26 PM
When we get our "yearly" back, is that what gives us the ability for the custom avatar caption?
:yes:

Mother Goose
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 01:26 PM
I forget how it works.... When we get our "yearly" back, is that what gives us the ability for the custom avatar caption?

I only ask because I'm pumped, and ready for the healing to begin.
:eyebrows:

~Barn~
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 01:32 PM
For the sake of script accuracy Wick, it's:

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin!

Mother Goose
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 01:49 PM
That's what I thought, but it looked funny.

~Barn~
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Muchos! :D

DevilsTonic
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 01:54 PM
So.....consider this my notification to an administrator. My yearly supporter title is missing as well. Could one of our beloved admins correct this for me in your copious three seconds of spare time?

kthxbye

OUTLAWD
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 02:06 PM
meeee toooo :up:

TFOGGuys
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 02:10 PM
http://nerdapproved.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/angry-mob-playset.jpg

Sean
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 02:58 PM
pic
Always the instigator, Jim. :devil2:

~Barn~
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Moderator Playset

http://theswca.com/images-props/spaceballs-figures.jpg

Sean
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Moderator Playset
Who is who, Barn? :lol:

Aracheon
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 03:43 PM
I'm the guy with the big Schwartz. :D

Sean
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 03:53 PM
I'm the guy with the big Schwartz. :D
a. you're not a mod
b. not according to Meghan

:doublefinger:

Aracheon
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 04:00 PM
DIAF.

:doublefinger:

PunyJuney
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 05:32 PM
How's the club's bank balance since the server crash? Maybe a message to the non-supporting members to reconsider making a donation? The best people on earth live on this board!

Bueller
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 05:54 PM
The Colorado Sportbike Club was formed in the early spring of 2000 by Paul Anderson & John Dietrich. We decided to start a club to meet other people with an interest in motorcycles.

We gave it the name "Colorado Sportbike Club" to meet others interested in the growing popularity of Sportbikes, however we do not discriminate against any type of motorcycle, so even Harley's to Goldwings are more than welcome. We just like to get together, ride, and have a good time. It was formed with the philosophy of No Dues, No Meetings... just riding, having fun, and meeting other people who appreciate motorcycles.

Worked for years without the $ support, when there was a need it was filled, it's a web site not and actual club. How much $ can it possibly take?

TFOGGuys
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Worked for years without the $ support, when there was a need it was filled, it's a web site not and actual club. How much $ can it possibly take?
Hardware fails, upgrades need to be done, hosting needs to happen. These things cost money. Donate or not, as you will, but if you don't, don't bitch when the site goes down or is agonizingly slow because the 486 server on the dial up connection can't handle the load of 6 people wanting to use the site simultaneously......

BlueRanger
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 06:02 PM
http://artemis.solanett.com/hamster_powered_computer_xsmall.jpg

Bueller
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Hardware fails, upgrades need to be done, hosting needs to happen. These things cost money. Donate or not, as you will, but if you don't, don't bitch when the site goes down or is agonizingly slow because the 486 server on the dial up connection can't handle the load of 6 people wanting to use the site simultaneously......

I have donated in the past, and I understand there is some $ needed but it should be as needed and not through coercion or guilt trips. Perhaps the businesses and private parties that benefit from using the board as advertising need to step up a bit.

mtnairlover
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 06:50 PM
mmm...yep, my yearly supporter status is gone. I was wondering when the last time it was that I had sent in money, too. I don't like paypal, but this is the only place I will actually use that method of payment. This club and this forum have given me so much more than I could have imagined.

Sean
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 07:35 PM
not through coercion or guilt trips
How the hell do you get that? I've been here for a couple of years and no one has ever asked or suggested I become a supporter, it's just something I wanted to do. I've gotten a lot from this club and to me it's worth $15 a year. I don't really care if it goes to software, servers or lap dances for Rybo, it's worth it to me.

PunyJuney
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 08:46 PM
How the hell do you get that? I've been here for a couple of years and no one has ever asked or suggested I become a supporter, it's just something I wanted to do. I've gotten a lot from this club and to me it's worth $15 a year. I don't really care if it goes to software, servers or lap dances for Rybo, it's worth it to me.

ditto...
Everyone gets so much from this club, whether they donate or not. I've heard a lot of people say "yeah, I didn't know what this club would do for me" and didn't pay to support initially, but then they met everyone realized what a great community there is here and just forgot to pony up. You forget that hardware, software and support costs money when so much on the web is free. I changed from yearly to lifetime because I appreciate having the board AND I can afford it. If you can't then don't, but if you can then why not? No guilt, I was thinking more along the line of common sense. It sucks that common sense just isn't all that common any more.

Depths_of_Mind
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 08:56 PM
heh.. I paid up (waiting patiently for it to be re-activated ;) ) because i thought 1. flash-chat was a paid user feature.. and 2. thought flash-chat was actually used... lol (which it really wasn't)..

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Oh yeah... add me to the list of having been stripped of my supporter banner. lol

rforsythe
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 09:48 AM
I will get to everyone's reinstatements soon. I have to match your CSC name up with your real name by way of your Paypal transaction, so I can set the date correctly. This is a very tedious process I have not had time to mess with yet. However, thanks everyone for the support!

To briefly address the comments about "where the money goes" or whatever, basically I personally bankrolled this site for years, even when I was unemployed for months. If it broke, I paid for it or asked for donated parts from our tech contingent. When we switched to a commercial forum package and costs started to go up it wasn't as feasible anymore, nor did I think I should have to do that, so we started the supporter program to help pay for these things. It has served that purpose well (this last snafu was $200 out of pocket FYI, and we have another forum support renewal coming up) and made it possible for me to keep this place going, and the members that have helped out are identified as such because that's awesome.

I, along with the admins and everyone else here, greatly appreciate the donations that have been made on behalf of this club and website to keep the lights on, and want you all to know that it's noticed and useful. The members here absolutely keep this place going as much as the admins do, just in different ways.

UglyDogRacing
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 03:59 PM
I will get to everyone's reinstatements soon. I have to match your CSC name up with your real name by way of your Paypal transaction, so I can set the date correctly. This is a very tedious process I have not had time to mess with yet. However, thanks everyone for the support!

To briefly address the comments about "where the money goes" or whatever, basically I personally bankrolled this site for years, even when I was unemployed for months. If it broke, I paid for it or asked for donated parts from our tech contingent. When we switched to a commercial forum package and costs started to go up it wasn't as feasible anymore, nor did I think I should have to do that, so we started the supporter program to help pay for these things. It has served that purpose well (this last snafu was $200 out of pocket FYI, and we have another forum support renewal coming up) and made it possible for me to keep this place going, and the members that have helped out are identified as such because that's awesome.

I, along with the admins and everyone else here, greatly appreciate the donations that have been made on behalf of this club and website to keep the lights on, and want you all to know that it's noticed and useful. The members here absolutely keep this place going as much as the admins do, just in different ways.

Ralph, for the benefit of the ill-informed out there can you please advise how one would make a donation via PayPal to the CSC?

*** or just go here http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7184

Wrider
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 05:29 PM
If you wear one of these a year, does that count as a yearly supporter too?

http://www.bravesonthewarpathdc.com/jockstrap.jpg

sloridr
Wed Nov 10th, 2010, 08:00 PM
So I still haven't gotten my title back since the crash. May I please have it back I promise to be good. Thanks.

Repsol a095
Wed Nov 10th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Only if you have 2,000,000 posts! You have a couple of days work to do!

FZRguy
Wed Nov 10th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Doesn't look like anyone does.....'cept Lifetime Supporters.

sloridr
Thu Nov 11th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Ya Patrick one night I went on a posting spree... I'm not giving $150 just for a lifetime tag. I like CSC but its not my daily place to hang out. You feel me?

Spiderman
Fri Feb 11th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Since I don't have access to Ralph's emails so I can help him with this process, I'm going to try and see if I can help via a different method:

If you can, forward me your PayPal confirmation email. If you no longer have the email, you can send me a print screen of the Transaction Details (click the "Details" link on the transaction list) from your PayPal Account History. BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR SCREEN NAME ALONG WITH THE EMAIL. Send your emails to cosportbikeclub@hotmail.com and I'll try and get things squared away as quickly as possible.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Feb 11th, 2011, 04:26 PM
I gave Ralph my lifetime dollahs many moons ago.

FZRguy
Fri Feb 11th, 2011, 06:22 PM
I just signed up again last week and it worked.

Spiderman
Sat Feb 12th, 2011, 09:28 AM
I just signed up again last week and it worked.
This manual "reinstatement" is only for people who subscribed in 2010, before the server crashed (mid-September) and the data was lost - subscriptions made after the server was brought back (September 25) up are not affected.

Bashed
Sat Feb 12th, 2011, 02:25 PM

Thanks for being here Ralph and Bob.
Bash