PDA

View Full Version : IMI this Weds. 10-6 *cancelled*

Bueller
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Never mind, not going after all.

Matty
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 03:20 PM
If you don't mind picking me up I'll go with ya.

BlueRanger
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 03:25 PM
I gave it a shot the other day and 2 hours there and 2 hours back plus the time on the track is just too much of a ride. I probably won't be going there again until I get a trailer.

Bueller
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 04:30 PM
If you don't mind picking me up I'll go with ya.
Possibly, which bike would you take?

I gave it a shot the other day and 2 hours there and 2 hours back plus the time on the track is just too much of a ride. I probably won't be going there again until I get a trailer.

I wouldn't ride to a track day even if I am close, too much can go wrong and you are stuck trying to get yourself and whatever is left of your bike home. ;)

Matty
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 05:01 PM
The WR.

mopoet178
Mon Oct 4th, 2010, 10:02 PM
I've got a 6 hr break between classes and a rear tire in the mail. Can I make this work? probably not...

Bueller
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Ok I was just perusing the MRA board and it appears they are going to run the new Ninja 250 class this weekend as an exhibition class on Sat. and Sun. So I may just save my IMI $ to help pay for a 2 day license and AMA membership and just go play out at HPR instead this weekend.

BlueRanger
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 12:55 AM
I wish they sold more 250's in the states. I'd definitely like a 250 to learn riding on the track. Is it safe to assume most of the action takes place on the second day? Just so I know, If I decide to watch.

Bueller
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 07:11 AM
They are doing the 250 races both days, but it is a exhibition race to promote the new class.
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showpost.php?p=521913&postcount=7
http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=11847

The premier classes and the Superbike classes are Sunday but both days have lots of racing.

And there are plenty of Ninja 250's out there, and until this class proposal I wouldn't have seriously considered taking one out to HPR as it is so much slower than even a SV650 that they could be a danger due to the high closing speeds between a liter bike and a ninjette on the long straights, but at IMI and in the canyons it is a total hoot.

BlueRanger
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Thanks. I may go Sunday, hopefully I can find someone else from the Springs that wants to go. After last weeks long boring drive to Dacono I'm not in the mood for a long straight drive alone. Oh yeah, what I meant by more 250's are 250's from other manufacturers that are only available in Europe and Asia. But I may get myself a older beat up ninja for cheap in the future.