PDA

View Full Version : AMA - Issues That Threaten Motorcycling in America

THoward
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 12:45 PM
American Motorcyclist Association Hot Bike magazine tells its readers about the threats to street bikes... and how to get involved!
Issues That Threaten Motorcycling In America - Hot Bike Magazine
www.hotbikeweb.com
Check out this month's Inside the Motorcycle Industry featuring issues that threaten motorcycling in America.

http://www.hotbikeweb.com/hotnews/1011_hbkp_issues_that_threaten_motorcycling_in_ame rica/index.html

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 12:58 PM
link wouldn't work for me

Spiderman
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Links work fine for me. :dunno:

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 01:06 PM
the main page works and I can see the story there

but clicking on the story, I get a blank page. weird. using firefox

LostBrit
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Most of them seem to be threats to Harleys, not to motorcycles in general. Nothing really scared me on that list, some are already in place in other countries with no affect on MC's. Sounds like the AMA just trying to drum up membership.

MetaLord 9
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 02:02 PM
This sounds remarkably similar to a piece in the current issue of Motorcyclist or Cycle World...I can't remember which one I signed up for for free...

Jim_Vess
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Most of them seem to be threats to Harleys, not to motorcycles in general. Nothing really scared me on that list, some are already in place in other countries with no affect on MC's. Sounds like the AMA just trying to drum up membership.

:wtf: - I didn't know distracted drivers only target Harleys.

There wasn't a single threat on that list that applied only to Harleys.

Aphrodite
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Harley's are the only real motorcyclist that there is didn't you peeps know that? :devil2:

THoward
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 02:45 PM
I didn't see anything Harley specific either. By the way, I am not a Harley fan at all. I know, I know, most ABATE members ride Harleys, but their chief bottle washer never has and never will. :) They are banning Sportbikes in a few communities in other states because they are "too loud". These are issues all of us need to be concerned with no matter what we ride.

Aphrodite
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Ya I got issues with a lot of "community rules".... like no signs on vehicles and things like you say- banning a type of vehicle instead of enforcing a law already existing dealing with the noise, just stupidity.

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Oct 5th, 2010, 02:48 PM
:) They are banning Sportbikes in a few communities in other states because they are "too loud". These are issues all of us need to be concerned with no matter what we ride.

Next party

http://www.liquorsnob.com/pictures/AngryMobFunRun_1024.jpg