PDA

View Full Version : racing school help

d2deluxe
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 04:05 PM
here is the deal ... i am a new rider with 1500 mile under my belt so far this season anyway i tried lookin over the mra rule book and could not find the information i needed. but i wanted to know is there a seat time requirement to take the classes, I my first instinct was to wait till the 2006 season but i really wanna get started now, so i can get on the track by July ...

also is there a weight requirement of anything ... cause i am kinda a bigger guy 6'2 235 LBS.

i looking for any useful advice i can get, please help if you have any experiance with these classes ... what would you do if you would in my shoes

Lurch
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 04:10 PM
There is no requirement of seat time. If you fill comfortable riding then by all means take the class. Hell Mark Schellinger the MRA New Rider Rep. has never riden a street bike(at least the last time we talked about it) and he has 2 #1 plates,

Oh and height and weight requirement. NO. I'm 6'7" and 250 and get around pretty well.

Lurch

Anonymous
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 04:11 PM
As far as I'm aware, there is no minimum seat time requirement to get into the school, although the basics of handling & controlling your bike are required. If you've got that, then you should be fine.

6'2" ?
You're short compared to Lurch! :lol:

You should have no problem. :up:

If you have any other questions, ask away!

Anonymous
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 04:12 PM
No seat time requirement, though you need to have a basic understanding of how to ride the thing. (Brake on the right, clutch on the left, etc.)

No weight limit - dude you need to see some of the guys racing in the MRA. :lol:

Young Luke
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 04:24 PM
No seat time required. At the school last weekend there was a guy with 700 total miles on his bike that were his only street experience.

There's no weight requirement either.

d2deluxe
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 05:00 PM
what do the big guys do about leathers, i mean i have problems find ones that fit me as well, not to mention they are really expensive, you cant rent leathers for the class can you

Lurch
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Well I just bite the bullet and get custom leathers. They actually aren't a whole lot more then a good set of off the rack leathers.

Lurch

Dysco
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 08:37 PM
I found mine used through the CSC for almost nothing but they're nothing to look at either. There were some Vansons in tomato red that would have fit you on ebay last week...

jplracing
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 09:41 PM
I am pretty big as well. I have a set of Teknic 2 piece Chicane leathers that are euro 64/ us54 that I could part with if you are interested.

I am about 6'4" 255.00

If that interests you let me know

Joe

Devil954
Wed Apr 6th, 2005, 09:50 PM
I am 6'3" 200lbs and have a one piece Teknic that may work for you , they are a little big on me . They do need some stitching that you could get done for pretty cheap , I would let them go pretty cheap if you are interested .