PDA

View Full Version : Glad to be back.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Oct 7th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Got in around 7PM Tuesday night. The Rav4 pulled that 1,700lb aero-brick trailer damn good, lots of passing power, even getting around 15.5-17.5mpg at 75. JUST enough gas in the tank to make it the 207 miles from Rock Springs WY to Laramie. Best car I've ever owned.

Saw Carina at her school yesterday and she gave me big hugs. It's good to see my friends again, and may go riding today with a few.

Ahhh, it's good to be back!

Now, about that "job" thing......

Mother Goose
Thu Oct 7th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Welcome back! :applause:

salsashark
Thu Oct 7th, 2010, 09:35 AM
:up:

Scer
Thu Oct 7th, 2010, 09:36 AM
There goes the neighborhood! welcome back man!

tow on towas

MetaLord 9
Thu Oct 7th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Hide ya kids, hide ya wife, an hide ya husband
'cuz the Cycle Monkey's back in town!

:D welcome back mang

dirkterrell
Thu Oct 7th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Welcome back!

Dirk

Cap'n Crunch
Thu Oct 7th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Welcome back Cycle Monkey!

puckstr
Thu Oct 7th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Monkey's in da house!!!

Welcome back

Keyser Soze
Thu Oct 7th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Lucky bastard.

Nick_Ninja
Thu Oct 7th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Monkey's in da house!!!

Welcome back

Monkey is in my house :doublefinger:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Oct 7th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Thanks guys. I'll try to keep my "Dago-ness" from totally ruining the neighborhood!:p

I look forward to getting in some rides here with y'all before the weather turns.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Oct 7th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Lucky bastard.
Yeah, sorry to hear you had to move man. That sucks, but keep up the faith man. There were times I almost gave up hope, but now I'm back. Jobless (for now) but I'm still back. Best of luck doing what you have to and hopefully soon you can move back!

= Buckeye Jess =
Thu Oct 7th, 2010, 10:59 AM
WB Frank!

Dr. Joe Siphek
Thu Oct 7th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Welcome back to Colorado Frank!!!

chad23
Thu Oct 7th, 2010, 12:11 PM
good to hear it was a good trip back. looking forward to riding with ya again

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Oct 7th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Well, just signed up for unenjoyment. The complicated this is that I had to file in Idaho, but am in CO now. The weird thing is that the ID website said my benefits will be calculated at the CO rate (max $475/wk vs. $334/wk) even though I spent the last 1-1/2 years working in CO. The fly in the ointment is that though I got laid off from the job in ID, the CO job will likely say they fired me, so we'll see what happens with that. I don't expect the CO rate, but I DO expect to get paid the ID rate because I lost me job thru no fault of my own. Now to deal with the beauracratic BS that'll all entail.... Hopefully I can get a hold of someone in ID that can help.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Oct 7th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Well, got the unenjoyment thing started. Actually got to talk to someone in ID who was real helpful, and helped me fix some things in the application so it's all squared away. Unlike the office in CO which sucks a$$. Unfortunately it'll be at the lower ID rate of max $334/wk, but hey, the last time I was unemployed I got $0/wk so it's better.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Oct 8th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Got my first ride in yesterday. Up Canyon Blvd to Ned, P2P to Estes, 36 to Lyons, up 7 back to P2P, and then back to Ned and down again. Beers and burritos in Longmont with friends after. Ahh, it's great to be home!