PDA

View Full Version : Hodgson in AMA

spaceman spiff
Thu Apr 7th, 2005, 09:33 AM
Does anyone think Neil will give Mladin a run for his $$$$ in AMA this year?

Feathered upstart!
Thu Apr 7th, 2005, 09:53 AM
I think for sure he'll be a headache for Mladin. Of course he'll have to learn to cope with our POS tracks like Barber and he is at a disadvantage having not raced most tracks.

In my meeger opinion he's on favorite to take 3rd and a threat to take 2nd this year.

Mista Black
Thu Apr 7th, 2005, 10:14 AM
hell i think there's a shot he could actually win the damn thing. but even so, i agree with Notto, that he's gonna be a royal (no pun) pain in Mladin's ass all year long.

*MV* #33
Thu Apr 7th, 2005, 10:18 AM
I really don't think anyone will touch Mladin this year. Unless Mladin has a mechanical failure. Hes just a step above everyone so far this year. Now next year if Hodgson is still around it will be different. With Hodgson not knowing the tracks and running against the 05 GSXR gives him a big disadvantage.

MV #33

Mista Black
Thu Apr 7th, 2005, 10:22 AM
i dunno... Rossi doesnt know our tracks either but i doubt anyone would be giving Mladin much chance to win the whole thing if it were Rossi in town instead of Hodgson. Hodgson is pretty fast on that Duc.

Bigtime73
Thu Apr 7th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Hodgson's capabilities and caliber have shown at Daytona. Bear in mind that he rides and has ridden for ducati and has been among the top placers in WSBK. bear in mind that as in all sports, mistakes made will allow the other competitors even those on the same team to progress forward. Mladin is at the top of his game with the very well oiled (loose term) machine. The zuki G1k SBK has made leaps and bounds from last years model and will no doubt be the machine to beat. If you give a man a good/best bike, stacked with his/her capabilities, they will do well. So the question is...will Hodgson give Mladin grief..Yes, but so wil yates, spies of whom are teamates.

Biggsnizzle has spoken... :lol:

UglyDogRacing
Thu Apr 7th, 2005, 10:33 AM
i dunno... Rossi doesnt know our tracks either but i doubt anyone would be giving Mladin much chance to win the whole thing if it were Rossi in town instead of Hodgson. Hodgson is pretty fast on that Duc.

You can't compare Rossi to Hodgson. He is at a completely different level. Look at Hogdson's results in GP last year. He was terrible and you can't use the D'Antin bike/team as an excuse because his teammate Xaus steadily improved over the course of the season. Not to take anything away from him, but he did win the WSC title on the only factory bike (besides Xaus's) in 2003 against a field of non-factory bikes and lesser talent. I seem to recall Rossi jumping on a different, slower bike last season and doing fairly well.....

sprtbkbabe
Thu Apr 7th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Another question at y'all:

Who would win: Rossi or Mladin in a one-on-one?

Track: A familiar track each has been on before. (Mladin has been on the World circuit before)

spaceman spiff
Thu Apr 7th, 2005, 11:15 AM
i think even on a slightly inferior bike rossi will spank mladin

Bigtime73
Thu Apr 7th, 2005, 11:15 AM
I refrain from answering as Milehigh has already answered...

The "Elder" has spoken... :P

green_zx7r
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Another question at y'all:
Who would win: Rossi or Mladin in a one-on-one?
Track: A familiar track each has been on before. (Mladin has been on the World circuit before)

Wow, that question is just too open... Are they each riding bikes they are familiar with? Or are they both on the same bike they both have not ridden (ex. they both hop on a ZX7R 8) )

I think the level of competition is too different between AMA SBK and MotoGP. Mladin may be the king of the AMA hill, but I would say the MotoGP mountain that Rossi conquered many of times, is just at a much higher level.

Of course it always depends on what bike and what track, but I still think Rossi would beat Mladin, even if they rode at AMA tracks and both on a GSXR1000. Rossi also has already proven he's damn fast on production 4 strokes in Suzuka 8hrs as well.

cu360r6
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 09:24 PM
If you're talking about a track like the old daytona course where rossi has never ridden before I'd say it would be even odds with him and maladin.

rybo
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 10:52 PM
I think Neil is going to be in the running this year. True he hasn't raced on these tracks before, but he has been very successful on the world circuit and went to Moto GP where he rode against the very best riders in the world. Granted his performance there was less than stellar, but he was still there. I think he has a teriffic attitude and will make the season very interesting. The gixxer 1k surely had an advantage, especially at Daytona. I would think the Duc's strength will be on the tighter tracks where it's low end power can shine a bit.

All that being said I'm ready for the MOTO GP to start this weekend! Yaaahooo

S

p.s. I think that Valentino would probably beat Mat around any track in the world on any bike of their choosing. I think there is probably a reason that Mat hasn't moved to the Moto GP and that is that his odds of winning there are much lower.