PDA

View Full Version : Title: Director of IT Operations -- University of Colorado - Boulder

Nick_Ninja
Fri Oct 8th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Title: Director of IT Operations

Organization: University of Colorado - Boulder

Department – Information Technology Services

Job posting number: 811652

The job posting can be found on the University HR website : https://www.jobsatcu.com/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp (https://www.jobsatcu.com/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp)

Posting Description

Nature of Work:
Reports to the Associate Vice Chancellor for IT and CIO. This position provides management and leadership to senior level managers in the areas of application services, systems administration, physical infrastructure, and network operations. One of eight peer directors (Academic Computing, Research Computing, Security, Architecture, Support, Communications, and Finance/Administration). Fully engaged and committed teamwork with these Directors, their areas, the larger campus-wide IT ecosystem, and with the CIO in strategic and tactical support of the University's academic and service missions is required and essential for the effective and efficient operation of all of ITS.
Additional Posting Description
Specific Job Responsibilities:

35% Direct the activities of senior level managers in the operation of campus IT services in compliance with established service parameters for availability, capacity, continuity, performance and security.

25% Develop operational procedures and culture that positions IT operations as an integrated part of the larger IT service management function; specifically ensuring that the Operations group functions as a team itself, and recognizes and enables the campus-wide IT strategic plan and the overall ITS service strategy, design, transition, and support functions. Includes fiscal management of the group.

20% Participate in and support the participation of Operations staff in service level monitoring and reporting efforts.

20% Select, train and appropriately motivate staff to be excellent and continually improving technical professionals, communicators, and collaborators.

Required Education/Experience/Skills (Minimum Qualifications)

Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated success in hiring, training, and leading a large professional IT operations team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and workplace experience in utilizing ITIL constructs for managing IT operations.

Desired qualifications

Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's degree preferred.
- Preferred ten years’ experience at a significant level of management in information technology operations at a large public institution in of which a minimum of five years is in higher education.

The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting Employment Services at (303) 492-6475.

The University of Colorado at Boulder is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To achieve this goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations for this position include a criminal and financial background check.

The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.

Devaclis
Fri Oct 8th, 2010, 05:03 PM
My dream IT job :(

Wrider
Fri Oct 8th, 2010, 05:50 PM
So apply!

gtn
Fri Oct 8th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Don't tempt me you Wile E Ninja.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Oct 8th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Don't tempt me you Wile E Ninja.

refer to this:
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showpost.php?p=522971&postcount=3

GaribaldiCU
Fri Oct 8th, 2010, 10:41 PM
My dream IT job :(

Don't be so sure. The politics at ITS are... interesting... to say the least.

Nick_Ninja
Sat Oct 9th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Don't be so sure. The politics at ITS are... interesting... to say the least.

That is why I do not work for ITS --- anymore.

GaribaldiCU
Sat Oct 9th, 2010, 10:49 AM
That is why I do not work for ITS --- anymore.

Smart move getting out. Last 6 months have been interesting and almost amusing.

Aphrodite
Sat Oct 9th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Anything in a Hospital is "Political" to say the least.