PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: Trying to Bring Clubs and Riders together

Trick-E_SODMC
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Hey everyone, This is Trick-E with the Suns of Darkness MC.
I wanted to get everyones opinion in regards to trying to get us all together. We are thinking about starting to have events down at our clubhouse for riders to be able to come together and have a good time without worrying about any drama or feeling like you cannot be represented or respected as a biker. What we would like to do is open the clubhouse on thursday nights, where bikers can come in have a drink play pool, and just relax and also get to know other bikers in the area. Dont matter Harleys or sportsbikes whatever. ..What do you all think?

brennahm
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 08:54 AM
I'm not into the whole bike night thing so much, but I think "good on you" for making the effort and reaching out. Seems like a real stand up move. Hopefully you'll get some good turnout.

R1-Laubinero
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 09:26 AM
I think you have a good idea- Buuuut the sub cultural differences between many sportbikers/cruisers/touring bikes may be to great- maybe you should have themes nights- sportbike night or dirtbike night etc etc---neither group will ever respect the other -- although there are few intercultural riders that ride all bikes- those guys are far a few inbetween....so where is this club house?

Aphrodite
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 09:31 AM
I Learned that I joined CSC for a reason and my neighbor is a member of his group for his reasons.

IMO better if you want to invite people over just to invite them.

Don't do it under any other heading other than X- motorcycle club is inviting your group over for a bike night or gathering whatever.

When I go out to ride I represent me first and am a member of CSC second. I personally didn't like going to the Walnut room because of the cluster of styles there. But I am anti-social though so what do I know.

50sGrl
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 09:37 AM
I'm not into the whole bike night thing so much, but I think "good on you" for making the effort and reaching out. Seems like a real stand up move. Hopefully you'll get some good turnout.

+1

Trick-E_SODMC
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Yea I think its crazy that this big then between the different styles of bikes has gone the way it has, but it has and all we can do is what we do even if the change starts with us..The way I see it is that we all love to ride and we on wheels so lets do it.. LOL.. Also I am seeing too that we should stay away from bike this or that and just say something like hey Thirsty Thursdays down at the clubhouse and all is welcome or something like that. Not mention anything about bikes or whatever. Hell we are on here saying it, so everyone already knows its some kind of bike affiliation right..

Thoughts?
Oh and the club house is located on the Corner of 31st and Williams St. Denver.. Basically and Few blocks West of York St, and yes everyone is welcome to come down and Hang out. We do have fun down there and its quit, all that we ask is that you leave your drama at the door..

asp_125
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Good on you for doing this and hope you get some turnout. Personally I like bike nights (like at the 'Nut) where you get a chance to mingle and talk with various bike groups on "neutral ground", so to speak.

Aphrodite
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 09:47 AM
That sounds like a good plan.:up:

PunyJuney
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Good on you for doing this and hope you get some turnout. Personally I like bike nights (like at the 'Nut) where you get a chance to mingle and talk with various bike groups on "neutral ground", so to speak.

+1 and :applause: for reaching out

How apropos that this is happening in October, everyone can wear their respective costumes ;)

200sr20
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 10:23 AM
I think this is a good idea!! Sadly I can't make most bike nites because of my family schedule, but I will try to wander down there at some point.

Joe
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 11:18 AM
It's a Trick.
Get an Axe.

Trick-E_SODMC
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Thanks for all the love you all, seriously its really appreciated. I will begin to post events that we have, and would love to meet some of you all..A change is needed and we need to get colorado going as far as im concerned.

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 02:25 PM
To avoid an ambush? ;)

This get-together sounds fine at first glance but I suspect the differences between groups are not limited to bike-brand/style alone. Still, in a public setting, I might attend

asp_125
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 02:43 PM
To avoid an ambush? ;)

This get-together sounds fine at first glance but I suspect the differences between groups are not limited to bike-brand/style alone. Still, in a public setting, I might attend

No, without the feeling (correctly or incorrectly) that you are being recruited for one club or another. :dunno: I would feel out of place rolling up to a bar with nothing but cruisers out front, but ya gotta start somewhere right? :applause: for effort.

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 03:51 PM
I'm half-joking about the ambush. I expect a recruitment drive...

SaShWhO
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 04:30 PM
what.

asp_125
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 04:31 PM
I googled them, their founders seem like an interesting and colorful cast of characters.

OUTLAWD
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 04:52 PM
I would feel out of place rolling up to a bar with nothing but cruisers out front.

When I was a CO n00b I was caught in a hail storm on P2P and pulled into that bar near ward(?) to ask where the nearest gas station was...

...I was on a (borrowed) Kawi green ninja 250, wearing a (borrowed) obnoxious Kawi replica jacket... good thing I got the shaved head and tats underneath all that kawi green ;)

GreenGobblin
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 08:30 PM
That sounds like a great idea. In upstate NY where I use to live, I use to ride with different groups and it was usually cool that I was on a sportbike, especially when they saw that I was not one of "those people". Too bad it is fall time or I would be interested, Thursdays are my ski days and out with the ski bums for dinner.

+1 With coming in the Spring!:up::applause:

Trick-E_SODMC
Tue Oct 12th, 2010, 11:31 AM
I just want to clarify, that no this is no recruitment drive or anything like that. As a matter of fact we do not recruit, its not who we are nor have we ever been. Everyone is an individual and we treat everyone as such, if someone is interested then they come to us, on their own behalf and its because its something they want to do. I all honest I am really just trying to get us all together to have fun and be able to laugh and chill with others who have a similar interest. There is no ambush or anything like that. You are more than welcome to google us and see we are one of the founding cloubs here in Coloardo and have been here since 1971. We dont have any trouble and we welcome in all clubs.. this is something we have always done.Just trying to get us together and learn each other and bring us all together like we should be, and if you have functions let us know so when can come down and party with you all as well..

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Oct 12th, 2010, 02:44 PM
I appreciate your candor.

Where do you guys like to ride? I ask because I don't spend much time riding to bars - and I hold zero judgment about drinking and riding - but I mostly just like to ride with club-members to a lunch spot and then more riding.

200sr20
Tue Oct 12th, 2010, 03:22 PM
I personally don't care who I ride or hang with as long as they are cool. Obviously most sportbikes don't roll with cruisers with the difference in how we ride. I'll give it a whirl on of these weeks, of course I still need to put my bike back together.........

Spiderman
Tue Oct 12th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Moved out of the Social Events forum as I have been informed that this is a feeler to gauge interest with no set date yet.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Oct 12th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Info:

http://www.scooternews.net/node/2675

http://www.westword.com/2005-12-15/news/suns-set/full/