PDA

View Full Version : HPR "Winter" lapping program starts EARLY!

The GECCO
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 01:16 PM
HPR ANNOUNCES AN EARLY START TO THE WINTER LAPPING RATES AND SCHEDULE!

Looking to get in a few more HOT laps before the weather gets too COLD? And be able to do it on a weekend as well? What about doing it for less money? Your first chance is coming up before the end of the month!

The winter open lapping program will be starting early on the weekend of October 23/24!

The basics are this:
- $100 per driver for all day (no half days)
- Track hot from 10-4, no lunch break
- Subject to cancellation due to weather or lack of the minimum number of required signups.

For more detailed information check the "Winter" section of the HPR Lapping Days Policies Page (http://www.highplainsraceway.com/pdf/HPR-Lapping-Day-Policies.pdf)

We'll see you at the track!

Mother Goose
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 01:20 PM
:D

drago52
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 01:45 PM
If the weather holds, I'll be out there on Oct 24th. I watched a few races yesterday and it looked awesome.

TorchRedCorvette
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 03:27 PM
I desperately need seat time- $ and weather permitting, I'm in!! I'm considering Oct. 30th as well.... :D

DucWise
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 03:44 PM
I'm looking to get out on the 24th too. Too early to tell about the 30th though :-o

The more the merrier? Will any "instructor" types be around for the greenhorns??

asp_125
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 03:52 PM
This pleases me.

OUTLAWD
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 04:45 PM
:D

+ 10000000! I need to redeem myself once my foot heals up

Will any "instructor" types be around for the greenhorns??

No formal instruction, but Glenn goes over the track SOP at every lapping day, and I'm sure you could convince any racers or seasoned riders present to show you a few sighting laps

jbrowning
Tue Oct 12th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Hello Glenn, do you allow any photographers out at these track days?

Thanks
Jim

The GECCO
Tue Oct 12th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Hello Glenn, do you allow any photographers out at these track days?

Thanks
Jim

No, sorry, no one is allowed outside of the paddock. We simply don't have the staff to keep track of people outside of the paddock.

jbrowning
Tue Oct 12th, 2010, 02:04 PM
No, sorry, no one is allowed outside of the paddock. We simply don't have the staff to keep track of people outside of the paddock.

Ok thanks Glenn.

Jim

DucWise
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 06:59 AM
No formal instruction, but Glenn goes over the track SOP at every lapping day, and I'm sure you could convince any racers or seasoned riders present to show you a few sighting laps

Gotcha! Thanks, we'll see how it goes :loop:

FZRguy
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Gonna be free the last week of Dec. like SCR used to be? You know, for old time sakes. :)

Bueller
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Gonna be free the last week of Dec. like SCR used to be? You know, for old time sakes. :)

That was technically for licensed racers IIRC

Valguard
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 12:20 AM
I'm thinking Ill be out there on the 24th. It would be a nice final track day of the year for me. Hope to see you guys out there.

OUTLAWD
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 11:34 AM
hmm...24th or 30th...I'll have to flip a coin

drago52
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 11:49 AM
I'm still planning on the 24th. need to prep the bike this week, get the gopro ready with extra cards and batteries, etc.

eklew
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 12:40 PM
I think some friends and I will be out there on the 24th. Hope to see you all out there.

dragos13
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 01:12 PM
I should be down there to "hang out" this Sunday.

If you want off-track help with lines or body position feel free to hit me up :)

OUTLAWD
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 01:33 PM
24th it is then...see you kids there :up:

mopoet178
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 01:49 PM
I'm still deciding. As long as I pay before midnight the morning of the track day I still get the $10 off, $100 final price?

DucWise
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 08:05 PM
I'm signed up paid for the 24th... so I guess I'm committed now :bigeyes:

Hope to meet a few folks and possibly talk a few into helping me out some :D

See ya there.

hcr25
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 08:19 PM
There needs to be a minimum of ten riders signed uo, so tell your friends.

Jack, i will be there to help like we talked about.
mike

Bueller
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Hmmmm. Maybe :)

rybo
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Hmmmm. Maybe :)

I'm bringing the 250....in case that matters to you.

The GECCO
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Everyone - please note that last year the the cutoff for getting the minimum of 10 sign ups was noon on the day before the lapping day (ie, the final decision regarding sunday lapping wasn't made until noon saturday).

This year the cutoff for BOTH weekend days is noon on FRIDAY. The hotline will be updated at noon Friday for BOTH days. This makes it easier to schedule workers and ambulance service.

You can still sign up on Saturday IF the minimum of 10 was already reached and sunday is a "go". But if the minimum wasn't reached by noon Friday, signing up on Saturday won't make it happen.

Thanks!!

DucWise
Tue Oct 19th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Jack, i will be there to help like we talked about.
mike

Sweetness!! Looking forward to it :cheers:

TorchRedCorvette
Tue Oct 19th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Here's a link to the signup page... so no excuses. LOL!

http://www.highplainsraceway.com/lapping-days.html

Besides seat time, I definitely need good advice re: lines and body position, etc. I've been just jumping into things with very little instruction, but I don't want to develop bad habits. I'd really appreciate input from those of you who have been doing this for a while. :D

Bueller
Tue Oct 19th, 2010, 11:46 AM
I'm bringing the 250....in case that matters to you.
I am about 90% yea right now, the 250 is coming for sure if I do.

dragos13
Tue Oct 19th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Here's a link to the signup page... so no excuses. LOL!

http://www.highplainsraceway.com/lapping-days.html

Besides seat time, I definitely need good advice re: lines and body position, etc. I've been just jumping into things with very little instruction, but I don't want to develop bad habits. I'd really appreciate input from those of you who have been doing this for a while. :D

Feel free to find me. I won't be riding but can help with body position and line choices.

Maroon 96 Dodge Ram 1500 :)

hcr25
Wed Oct 20th, 2010, 06:55 AM
Sunday the 24th is the bike day. If you have already signed up make sure it is for Sunday. There needs to be 10 pre-signed by noon on Friday for this to happen.
Mike

Bueller
Wed Oct 20th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Signed up

ghostrider_9
Wed Oct 20th, 2010, 09:07 AM
I am working seeing if I can get there also. I hope there is a big turn out . . .

Hack Job
Wed Oct 20th, 2010, 10:12 AM
I'm planning on being there. Haven't signed up yet though.

drago52
Wed Oct 20th, 2010, 01:09 PM
I am planning on riding out from Boulder, so what do you guys suggest I bring? I'm thinking of wearing my suit, then having a tank bag and back pack full of some warm clothes, water, food, painter's tape, spare tools, gopro camera with extras, anything else?

OUTLAWD
Wed Oct 20th, 2010, 04:43 PM
I am planning on riding out from Boulder, so what do you guys suggest I bring? I'm thinking of wearing my suit, then having a tank bag and back pack full of some warm clothes, water, food, painter's tape, spare tools, gopro camera with extras, anything else?

Thats about what I used to bring when I would ride out...I'd offer a trailer spot, but I'm all filled up.

FZRguy
Wed Oct 20th, 2010, 06:37 PM
It is a major drag to ride (and ride home) to/from the track. I'd look for an open spot on someone's trailer.

Davy4575
Wed Oct 20th, 2010, 07:10 PM
If the carb cooperates on the truck, Im fixin to go. Want to try out different gearing on the bike and work on things. Anyone got a lap timer I could borrow out there if a beacon is set up?

DucWise
Wed Oct 20th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Anyone got a lap timer I could borrow out there if a beacon is set up?

What sort (make/model/price/etc) of lap timers are people using these days?

OUTLAWD
Wed Oct 20th, 2010, 07:47 PM
I use a sundial, or a hourglass if its cloudy

Bueller
Wed Oct 20th, 2010, 07:57 PM
I stopped worrying about lap times a while back, but I am going to test this app on my Droid and see if it works, just for giggles.

http://chronogps.pagesperso-orange.fr/EN_Android.htm

DRKATO1
Wed Oct 20th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Video camera makes for a good lap timer

TorchRedCorvette
Wed Oct 20th, 2010, 08:34 PM
I think I could squeeze you in my trailer, I configured the chocks for 2 bikes... :) I'm in the 225/Parker area so you could either ride to my place, or I could meet you somewhere on the way and load you up. Just sayin'.

drago52
Wed Oct 20th, 2010, 11:51 PM
I think I could squeeze you in my trailer, I configured the chocks for 2 bikes... :) I'm in the 225/Parker area so you could either ride to my place, or I could meet you somewhere on the way and load you up. Just sayin'.

Thanks for the offer man. I don't mind riding out from here, it's just a pain dealing with the weather this time of year because it can be so cold or it can be pretty nice. Let's hope it's nice on Sunday.

dragos13
Thu Oct 21st, 2010, 06:16 AM
If the carb cooperates on the truck, Im fixin to go. Want to try out different gearing on the bike and work on things. Anyone got a lap timer I could borrow out there if a beacon is set up?

Hey Davy I got an AMB lap time you cna borrow. I will have to remember to bring it.... ;) Just find me at the track.

sprtbkbabe
Thu Oct 21st, 2010, 06:40 AM
Is it no longer a requirement to have had completed an instructional track school before a rider goes out on lapping days? I'm not sure this is mentioned

If they are, are certificates actually requested for?

My concern is that a rider who's never been on the track pulls a U-Turn in front of someone hauling ass... again

rybo
Thu Oct 21st, 2010, 06:44 AM
Hey Davy I got an AMB lap time you cna borrow. I will have to remember to bring it.... ;) Just find me at the track.

Casey,

Tha AMB wont work as the MRA scoring system won't be set up.

dragos13
Thu Oct 21st, 2010, 06:52 AM
Casey,

Tha AMB wont work as the MRA scoring system won't be set up.

Shit man I didn't mean to say AMB lol I meant he can borrow my XT lap timer :scramble:

OUTLAWD
Thu Oct 21st, 2010, 09:13 AM
Is it no longer a requirement to have had completed an instructional track school before a rider goes out on lapping days? I'm not sure this is mentioned

If they are, are certificates actually requested for?

My concern is that a rider who's never been on the track pulls a U-Turn in front of someone hauling ass... again

While no official documentation is required IIRC, Glenn does a good job of conveying the importance of not stopping, turining around, riding backwards, etc. on the track. There should be enough regulars out there to straighten out anyone who might be confused (like the guy who decided to ride back up the front straight after blowing T1 at Pueblo at my last lapping day there...:shocked:)

DucWise
Thu Oct 21st, 2010, 09:50 AM
(like the guy who decided to ride back up the front straight after blowing T1 at Pueblo at my last lapping day there...:shocked:)

On a similar, but much less scary, subject does HPR ever run the track in the other direction or different configurations? Just curious. :p

vort3xr6
Thu Oct 21st, 2010, 10:58 AM
On a similar, but much less scary, subject does HPR ever run the track in the other direction or different configurations? Just curious. :p

YIKES. Turn 2 would REAL interesting if you lowsided.

Sounds like a BAD idea.

longrider
Thu Oct 21st, 2010, 11:01 AM

There are 2 or 3 configurations but the track is never run backwards.

Mother Goose
Thu Oct 21st, 2010, 11:02 AM
YIKES. Turn 2 would REAL interesting if you lowsided.

Sounds like a BAD idea.
Just make sure you highside, so you can fly over the barrier. :up:

longrider
Thu Oct 21st, 2010, 11:14 AM
This map shows the possible configurations, the gray roads are the connections to make it possible

http://highplainsraceway.com/images/track-map-large3.gif

mopoet178
Thu Oct 21st, 2010, 03:46 PM
Im in, but I havnt signed up yet. Ill be sure to sign up before noon friday.

I'm coming from south boulder. If you need me to bring anything, shoot me a PM. I'll be leaving saturday morning for littleton as an interim stop, so if you need me to bring something, its gotta be friday. The trip home will be direct HPR-boulder. I could make some room on the trailer too if something goes wrong at the track.

Foolds
Thu Oct 21st, 2010, 05:29 PM
So does this mean the track will go cold at 4pm?

Bueller
Thu Oct 21st, 2010, 06:21 PM
10-4pm no lunch break, 6hrs is a lot of track time. Even if they run 30 min. sessions that is more time than I can do.

Any word on the #of signups?

Supposed to be mid 60's and no rain :yay:

OUTLAWD
Thu Oct 21st, 2010, 09:57 PM
sign dup

mopoet178
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 12:22 AM
I'm all paid. See you guys out there!
Does anyone have some spare generator power to share for my tire warmers? I'll chip a couple gallons of gas.

rybo
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 06:35 AM
10-4pm no lunch break, 6hrs is a lot of track time. Even if they run 30 min. sessions that is more time than I can do.

Any word on the #of signups?

Supposed to be mid 60's and no rain :yay:

Talked with Glenn last night and he said we were "a lot" short of the 10 needed.

If you haven't already, please go sign up.

Scott

DucWise
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 07:19 AM
Talked with Glenn last night and he said we were "a lot" short of the 10 needed.

If you haven't already, please go sign up.

Scott

My neighbors will be PO’d if I have to just end up racing this thing around my neighborhood Sunday. So, please sign up! :scatter:

Joe
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 07:35 AM
Paid. (and I know of a ginger that just paid as well)

Marc, will the other third of Sibling Rivalry Racing be there?
We can put the slicks and a larger front sprocket on my DRZ if wanted.

drago52
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 08:23 AM
I'm signed up.

ghostrider_9
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 08:35 AM
<---- Paid!

Marc, will the other third of Sibling Rivalry Racing be there?
We can put the slicks and a larger front sprocket on my DRZ if wanted.

No, she wants to wander around aimlessly on her DRZ. I tried to talk her into it, but to no avail. Maybe you can apply a little bit of brotherly pressure . . . Perhaps convincing her that we could do a Sibling Rivalry Racing photo shoot.

Either way, I say bring the DRZ! I would love to rock it around the track!

vort3xr6
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 09:03 AM
You all are goddamn enablers you know that?

Signed up and paid.

Bueller
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 09:48 AM

Roetts?

Someone call Cesmat and Krod!

Scer
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 10:16 AM
I will be at the track this Sunday too. If you guys have any tire needs or issues, swing on by and I will do what I can to help!

lap on lappas!

Bueller
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 10:22 AM
I will be at the track this Sunday too. If you guys have any tire needs or issues, swing on by and I will do what I can to help!

lap on lappas!
Are you ridding too? I will be stopping by for sure.

Scer
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 10:34 AM
No riding .. just working. strictly business buddy, strictly business

You taking the 250?

work on workas

Hack Job
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 10:35 AM
Signed up. Is that 10 yet?

Joe
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 10:38 AM
Roetts?

No, Sheri.

Bueller
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 10:55 AM
You taking the 250?

Don't you know it :yes:

And I'll have the noise maker too, gotta give them Q2's a test.

Scer
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 11:06 AM
sweet man. I wanna see how you like them. As long as the weather stays fair and we don't have to worry about snow on turn 6.

test on testas

TorchRedCorvette
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 12:05 PM
I went through the thread and made note of those who said they were paid/signed up. We have, including myself:
DucWise, Bueller, Hack Job, vort3xr6, ghostrider_9, drago52, Joe +1 ginger, mopoet178, outlawd, and torchredcorvette. That's eleven total. WOOT! :D

OUTLAWD
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 01:11 PM
woot indeed

Bueller
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 01:36 PM
Just called the hotline and it is official there is enough signupz

Let's ride!

krod
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 03:13 PM
Roetts?

Someone call Cesmat and Krod!

I'm going but not riding bike is still down. Going to be pit crew chief for the Ginger.

rybo
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 04:07 PM
well done everyone!

Bueller
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 04:17 PM
I'm going but not riding bike is still down. Going to be pit bitch & chief dog walker for the Ginger.

:cyber:Fixed for ya, WTF is up with the bike now?

vort3xr6
Sat Oct 23rd, 2010, 07:56 PM
See you fools at the track tomorrow!

I am cooking burgers for lunch if anybody wants one. #206 at the race bus.

eklew
Sun Oct 24th, 2010, 09:08 PM
AWESOME Day!!!!

Kitten
Sun Oct 24th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the burgers Brad!!

Bueller
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 06:28 AM
That was a good day for sure, I am paying the price today, 120 mi. on the 250 and another 30 on the Buell.
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee291/rmsupermoto999/Dogs/b5628e46.jpg

Joe
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Good times...
Thanks to Marc for the help, Scott for the advice, Elden for the heckling, and everybody else for not running over my ass. (...maybe if I just had a bigger bike...)

The day was well organized, the Track was incredible and everybody was very friendly.
The Boulder Ducati pit even provided some nice eye-candy, and Dave's dog was pretty cute too.

ghostrider_9
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 08:11 AM
I am pretty sure that a good time was had by all. I still can't believe I went to the track and did not take my camera . . . what a surreal experience!

drago52
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 09:03 AM
That was awesome! Way better than any session I've ever had at IMI. I finally got to test the limits of my red ninja. I was getting quicker throughout the day as I learned the track, but man those racers are on another level. And when I say another level, I mean like 4 or 5 levels above where I am. Super impressive.

vort3xr6
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 10:47 AM
That was awesome! Way better than any session I've ever had at IMI. I finally got to test the limits of my red ninja. I was getting quicker throughout the day as I learned the track, but man those racers are on another level. And when I say another level, I mean like 4 or 5 levels above where I am. Super impressive.

You were looking good out there. You had good form when I was behind you for a little bit.

ghostrider_9
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 11:21 AM
On a similar note, this is the second trackday that I put on the Q2's. Needless to say, I am very impressed with them. Once set to the right pressures, they where able to do everything that I asked of them without even a single issue. They even handled me ripping out of a corner on the Gixxer One Billion!

Seriously though, I would definitely recommend them as a excellent choice for a rider who both commutes and is fairly aggressive during the occasional trackday. Big ups for Oscar in making sure that I was running the right pressures.

Scer
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 11:32 AM
I am cooking burgers for lunch if anybody wants one. #206 at the race bus.

Thanks for the meat and buns Brad. (In a non-sexual way pervs!) Sometime I forget to eat when I go to the track so you and Julie (Aarons fiance) made it easy for me. Thanks again!!

On a similar note, this is the second trackday that I put on the Q2's. Needless to say, I am very impressed with them. Once set to the right pressures, they where able to do everything that I asked of them without even a single issue. They even handled me ripping out of a corner on the Gixxer One Billion!

Seriously though, I would definitely recommend them as a excellent choice for a rider who both commutes and is fairly aggressive during the occasional trackday. Big ups for Oscar in making sure that I was running the right pressures.

Glad I can help out Mark. Thanks for the review!! It's always good to know what the tires are doing out there and how we (Dunlop) can improve on it.
I didn't recognize you without the camera for a second either. Did you get some good video tho??

show on showas

Bueller
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 11:33 AM
What did you guys come up with for pressures? I was try to get the GT501s set right so I didn't get to play too much with th Q2's

Scer
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 01:06 PM
yesterday was more of a 32 front and 28 rear day.

For the track you can go from 32-34 front and 28-32 rear depending on the outside variables.
35R for canyon
38R for street

press on pressas

TorchRedCorvette
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Good times...
Thanks to Marc for the help, Scott for the advice, Elden for the heckling, and everybody else for not running over my ass. (...maybe if I just had a bigger bike...)

LOL... I'm with you 100%. My thanks are to Mike for the body position help (WAY different... and oh am I feeling it today!), Scott and Elden for the pit help, advice and support. I learned a LOT, the day was well worth it. Kendra and Erika had fun too. :cheers:

OUTLAWD
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Had a blast yesterday...Hopefully I didn't get in anyone's way when I was on the 250...And I actually passed a few people on it!

DucWise
Tue Oct 26th, 2010, 01:09 PM
It WAS a good day. Big thanks to Mike (hcr25) for showing my slowwww self around the track in the morning :turtle: Also a huge thanks to Bill and Bill (#425) from Yuma, CO for the pit help. Wish I had met and got to talk with more folks but I was too busy trying to figure out what I was doing most of the time :zap:

So, who's going back out this Saturday? Looks to be close to 70 and sunny!