PDA

View Full Version : MRA Superstreet

TmoneyZ636
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Hey Guys,

Can anyone fill me in on the MRA superstreet class. I get the jist but how advanced are the people that ride in this class and are there instructors present for the practice laps? I ask because I am interested in doing this next season.

UglyDogRacing
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Hey Guys,

Can anyone fill me in on the MRA superstreet class. I get the jist but how advanced are the people that ride in this class and are there instructors present for the practice laps? I ask because I am interested in doing this next season.

We have a great thread over on the MRA forum which shows you step by step what is involved with the MRA Superstreet class including pics- http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=10722&start=42

jbnwc
Mon Oct 11th, 2010, 09:26 PM
You absolutely have to do it. Instructors will show you the track and give you as much help as you want. Most riders are there to have fun, so it isn't too intimidating. I did it twice and am hooked. Next year it is only going to be bigger and better. If you are still unsure after checking it out, do a Chicane track day to get a little more comfortable on the track.

spideyrdr
Tue Oct 12th, 2010, 01:15 AM
Hello. My name is Jamie.
And I have a problem.
I am an MRA addict.

You see, I was a long-time street rider who had never been on a track before this year, and after one day at a Chicane track day, I was hooked on track riding, and the SuperStreet class was the perfect solution.

I rode my first SuperStreet round at HPR in the rain and gained an understanding of how a race day worked. I followed up by going to a SuperStreet session at Pueblo and then got my novice license to race in the MRA. My inaugural season consisted of 4 race weekends racing with this great organization and can stand here and testify to the experience.

There are some advanced riders who ride in SuperStreet. There are some riders who are new to the track who ride in SuperStreet. And making it all happen were the men and women of the MRA who are passionate about promoting safe and exciting motorcycle racing here in Colorado.

The instruction is fantastic given the goals of the class. You're not going to learn how to beat MotoGP racers in a single SuperStreet round but you are going to learn about what it is like to race.

I have nothing but great things to say about all the people involved with making the SuperStreet class a success, and if you have any specific questions, please feel free to PM me. During the offseason myself and some other SuperStreet'ers are going to filter our feedback to the organizers to hopefully make the 2011 season even more successful.

If you are thinking about doing a SuperStreet round next year and are still on the fence, please reach out to the CSC and MRA members who are involved with the SuperStreet - I am certain someone will be more than willing to talk to you and help you decide if it's something you want to do.

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Tue Oct 12th, 2010, 02:01 AM
Hey Guys,

I think a there are a few of us in your same situation. I had planned on trying it this year, until I got deployed. Check out the MRA forum and talk to everyone here. I have learned more just by reading all the threads on those sites in the past couple months than I knew in my 6 years of riding.

Hello. My name is Jamie.
And I have a problem.
I am an MRA addict.

Hello Jamie. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Glad you took that step. Wait what am I talking about. Being addicted to racing is not a bad thing. Except to the bank accounts.

Snowman
Tue Oct 12th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Hello Jamie. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Glad you took that step. Wait what am I talking about. Being addicted to racing is not a bad thing. Except to the bank accounts.As if addiction was his only problem…
The guy has a full on race bike, is running 2:05s at HPR and has the best line I’ve seen through 2 and 3, and now he’s pushing the stuff. Not bad for someone you had never been on a track 4 months ago. :up:

I’m a proud Super Street graduate myself… (In fact, I was the first to move up to a full race license) In 2009, I wanted to race. I wanted to learn from other racers first before I was going to put up what it took to race. I corner worked for the MRA to learn racing lines and Chicane Days to get one on one instruction. However, I had missed the school in April and there was no other easy way for me to sign up.

When I heard about Super Street I made sure to be the first to sign up. (In fact, I accidently paid twice which meant I was on the pole both times.) I found the experience invaluable to understanding what it took to race. The contacts I needed for tires, parts, rules, tech etc… In addition, the fact I could ask any question at any time helped get me over the intimidation factor.

I think it’s the best introduction to racing program out there and especially for such an intimidating sport as motorcycle racing.

Stank Juic3
Tue Oct 12th, 2010, 12:48 PM
I'll be out there next year. WOOT If money flows right I also want to be in that 250 class.

TmoneyZ636
Tue Oct 12th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. I would love to go full-fledged and get my own race bike but unfortunately I am a poor college student and all my money goes to school stuff and keeping my current bike running. One day I will hopefully be able to go full out but until then I can only dream and go to an occasional track day. I can't wait to get out there next season.

jbnwc
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the responses guys. I would love to go full-fledged and get my own race bike but unfortunately I am a poor college student and all my money goes to school stuff and keeping my current bike running. One day I will hopefully be able to go full out but until then I can only dream and go to an occasional track day. I can't wait to get out there next season.

You sound like the perfect candidate for SuperStreet. Run what you brung. One of my favorite things about this series is that the rider is by far the biggest factor. You can be on a 10 yr old 600 and still finish in the top 3. My advice to you: Sell some stuff - Once you start racing, you look at all the crap you own and think, "That movie collection is worth at least one race... That old hockey and baseball gear is worth maybe one or two races... If I don't get a ski pass, I could do at least 3 more races..."

TmoneyZ636
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Yeah I can def sell some stuff, but I NEED a ski pass lol.