PDA

View Full Version : Chile Miner Rescue live feed

BlueRanger
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 01:27 AM
I was watching it earlier on the news, but they started showing reruns of their earlier broadcasts. So if you wanted to see what they were up to now here is a link to the live feed.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/abcplus-22309221/abc-news-plus-22309266

They're pulling out the duct tape :think:

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 03:50 AM
I was at lunch about 30 minutes ago and I saw them pull out the 3rd miner. Crazy how small that tube is.

BlueRanger
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 04:22 AM
You were at lunch at 3:20am? Were you watching it on the news? If you were that's a rerun, just to let you know. I lost count, but I'm sure at least six of them have already made it to the surface.

That tube is tiny! My shoulder is wider than it's diameter. They are having to tuck their shoulders in that tiny space for the 20 mins. Glad they're not scared of small spaces, since they're miners I'm assuming they're not.

Ah you're deployed. I didn't consider the fact you could be located elsewhere. I just saw Aurora.

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 04:40 AM
Remeber I am in Iraq. I am 9 hours ahead of you all. I believe last count was 8 were above ground.

BlueRanger
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 04:42 AM
Remeber I am in Iraq. I am 9 hours ahead of you all.

No I don't remember, cause no one gave me the memo.

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 05:00 AM
Well then I will have to fire my assisstant.

Sarge
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 05:38 AM
Well then I will have to fire my assisstant.

:boom:

Lol, yeah, the time thing gets screwy. I usually get back to my room around 1700ish, but my wife is dropping the baby off and heading to work by 1800. Sometimes it's the only time we get to talk during the day though, on the nights I don't feel like getting up at 0300-0400 to call her before work. Eh, such is life.

:mwave:

As far as the miners, I'm glad they're alright. I'd have to say that the last group of people you'd have to worry about being afraid of tight spaces would have to be a few career miners who've been stuck underground for MONTHS.... "Hey, we know you're stuck in a hole, but we're going have to drag you out through another hole, hope you can stand tight spaces..." :think:

I for one can definite relate to the whole "Stuck in a hole for 12 hours a day, every day for 12 months, then stuck in a hole every day AND night for a few more." Might not be a hole in my case, but BFE is close enough.

dirkterrell
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 08:38 AM
The local connection in the rescue:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101009/ap_on_bi_ge/lt_chile_mine_collapse_americans

Dirk

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 10:57 AM
The local connection in the rescue:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101009/ap_on_bi_ge/lt_chile_mine_collapse_americans

Dirk

Great to see a local guy doing so much to help others.

Sarge
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Great to see a local guy doing so much to help others.

Funny, this civilian contractor I work with was telling me today how "Leave it to an American to try and steal all of the attention." I just kind of laughed at him, lol.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Leave it to a civilian contractor to have his head up his a$$ :roll:

Sarge
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 11:07 AM
They get paid something like 6x more than the Soldiers do NOT to think, lol.

dirkterrell
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Funny, this civilian contractor I work with was telling me today how "Leave it to an American to try and steal all of the attention." I just kind of laughed at him, lol.

It is in the character of very few men to honor without envy a friend who has prospered. ~Aeschylus

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 12:00 PM
It is in the character of very few men to honor without envy a friend who has prospered. ~Aeschylus

You must be one of them edumacated peeps ain't cha? But I do agree. :D

BlueRanger
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 06:44 PM
The Final Miner who led the others are about to surface, followed by the rescue team. :applause: :up:

Keyser Soze
Thu Oct 14th, 2010, 09:56 AM
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb98/malibu_adam/mario_miners.jpg

Dr. Joe Siphek
Thu Oct 14th, 2010, 12:43 PM
awesome!!!