PDA

View Full Version : Fender Elliminator Kits (Poll)

Sarge
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 04:46 AM
Stupid question, but this has been bugging me for a bit.

What's the deal with Fender Elliminator kits, and why does every "You know your a squid if..." thread mentions that if you have one, you are, but at the same time everyone seems to have them?

I bring this up because I was reading a flame thread somewhere else about it and I'm really just curious.

I've never used one in the past on any bike, but I'm seriously considering it for my new RSV, because the stock one is HUGE and has crappy bicycle reflectors on it. I mean, would YOU leave this thing on?

Take a look at this pic, and tell me what you think of the stock "fender" and then, take a vote on it: Fender Elliminators :squid: or :cool: ??

*edit*
I would have already taken that damn plate cover off, but it was the only thing holding the temp tag down.

BlueRanger
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 04:57 AM
I'd get em, they'll look good on your bike. In my opinion It's the immature things people do on the streets that makes em squids. Everything else, I don't really care about.

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 05:04 AM
It does streamline the look of the bike a lot. Just be careful because bases are lame about stuff like that.

CaneZach
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 05:45 AM
I've removed the stock fender on damn near every bike I've ever owned, and that includes my Ape. I've never looked at a bike with a fender elim. kit and thought, "That tool is just a squid!" Now, when I see a chromed-out, stretched swingarm, lowered bike with spikes for fairing bolts and a rear tire wider than my Blazer's, then I think, "What a freakin' squid."

Sarge
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 05:56 AM
I've removed the stock fender on damn near every bike I've ever owned, and that includes my Ape. I've never looked at a bike with a fender elim. kit and thought, "That tool is just a squid!" Now, when I see a chromed-out, stretched swingarm, lowered bike with spikes for fairing bolts and a rear tire wider than my Blazer's, then I think, "What a freakin' squid."

Ugh, Hayabusa, anyone?

Hate to troll my own thread here, but I feel the exact same thing about 4x4's and big trucks/SUVs with 24" or bigger rims and low pro racing tires. I mean, wtf? It's a damn 4x4, not an F1 racer. I mean, you actually want to be able to drive in the snow, etc, with a 4x4 or big SUV, so why completely destroy the tranny, suspension, driveability and traction by putting huge, spinning wheels on it? The only thing I'd put low pro tires on is an M3 GTR or something.

salsashark
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 07:06 AM
IMO, if you like the looks, put one on... simple as that. Other people's opinions only go as far as the amount of money they're willing to pay for your bike. Since that's not likely to happen, it's yours, do what you want.

Example:
Here's a stock 07 Speed Triple (although they did take off the mirrors and front brake reservoir)
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_WENF5AxFUtU/TLWvDpogdFI/AAAAAAAALnk/SbhfdrP7GyA/s800/2007-triumph-speed-triple-11_1600x0w.jpg

Here's mine - sans fender, passenger pegs, pipes, chrome..... etc...
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_WENF5AxFUtU/TGhYh1JCF8I/AAAAAAAALUM/6kMa8tQxViQ/s800/DSC00389.JPG

Do what you want, you're paying for it.

Sean
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 07:14 AM
I agree with Salsa, do what you want.

Personally, I would just chop the plastic off below the plate and see how that looks first. Quick, easy and cheap. Then if you don't like that, get a kit. I def think it makes it look more streamlined.

Sarge
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 07:34 AM
I agree with Salsa, do what you want.

Personally, I would just chop the plastic off below the plate and see how that looks first. Quick, easy and cheap. Then if you don't like that, get a kit. I def think it makes it look more streamlined.

I was already planning on this, at the least. Just have to get home and get plates on it. 5 more months in the desert...:boom:

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 07:39 AM
I was already planning on this, at the least. Just have to get home and get plates on it. 5 more months in the desert...:boom:

I'll have a beer for you in two when I get home :D :cheers:

dallas
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Dude!!!! Get that boat motor off the back of your bike!!!!! (that is just my opinion)

I have a barely legal mount of my plate on my R-1 and ride it on Ft. Carson quite a bit and have yet to get hassled for the way my plate is mounted. You should be fine, and if you want, when you get home, you can come over and we can make you a custom plate mount that will look cool and be legal.

aerofaze
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 08:09 AM
I installed my FE because it tidied up the rear. I just felt the stock looked waaay too obnoxious. What I like about mine is that it's not tucked underneath too far like some others I've seen, and it's still visible- the AF base hasn't had a problem with it.

Mother Goose
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 08:15 AM
On topic: I voted yes. Yours looks about as easy as mine was, so it'll be a quick job and it'll look damn good too.

Off topic:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_WENF5AxFUtU/TLWvDpogdFI/AAAAAAAALnk/SbhfdrP7GyA/s800/2007-triumph-speed-triple-11_1600x0w.jpg

Him: I'm going for a ride honey.
Her: Why do you always have to leave and ride on that stupid motorcycle?
Him: Because of your attitude. Plus, there's dishes to be washed.
Her: I can't believe you just said that, it's me or the bike!
Guy sitting in chair: Holy shit! Did you just hear what that bitch said?
Him: Well, have fun washing the dishes! I'm out!

Aphrodite
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 08:41 AM
R1/R6 are obnoxious looking, so I got rid of mine.

Sarge
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Dude!!!! Get that boat motor off the back of your bike!!!!! (that is just my opinion)

I have a barely legal mount of my plate on my R-1 and ride it on Ft. Carson quite a bit and have yet to get hassled for the way my plate is mounted. You should be fine, and if you want, when you get home, you can come over and we can make you a custom plate mount that will look cool and be legal.

Thank you, lol. Thankfully, checking it out, there's nothing to it at all, just a few nuts, no lights, wires, etc. I've seen some complicated setups, like on an SV650, where there's actually a rear fender and everything attached. It seems like in this case they actually WANT you to remove the damn thing.

I'm all about being visible, my tail light is like 18 superbright LEDs and I don't have a switch to turn them off, but the amount of reflectors, etc and the sheer size of the thing is just too much.

It's funny, bringing this question to the CSC everybody is so much on the same page and just respectful about it. I was checking out some old posts on SVrider and a few others where people were flaming back and forth, and just about every "You know you're a squid if..." thing I've ever seen says that Fender Elliminators = :squid:, so I figured I'd test the waters out here, with the locals.

Aphrodite
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Gotta say CSC is one cool group, so ya they will flame but mostly out of fun, mainly due to the fact we actually look at each other now and then.

CaneZach
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 09:00 AM
The main problam with the Ape's, and several other bikes, is the elongation of plastic under the plate bracket. The damn thing looks like a friggin' wheelie bar or something. Since my turn signals are integrated into my brake light on my ZX10, I have a simple plastic license plate bracket that bolts onto the undertail. It looks exactly like this:

http://www.titebike.com/cartimages/l/49644.JPG

Sarge
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 09:28 AM
The main problam with the Ape's, and several other bikes, is the elongation of plastic under the plate bracket. The damn thing looks like a friggin' wheelie bar or something. Since my turn signals are integrated into my brake light on my ZX10, I have a simple plastic license plate bracket that bolts onto the undertail. It looks exactly like this:

http://www.titebike.com/cartimages/l/49644.JPG

Now that thing is simply sexy. You have to do any drilling or anything to put it on? The less the better.

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 09:38 AM
It's funny, bringing this question to the CSC everybody is so much on the same page and just respectful about it. I was checking out some old posts on SVrider and a few others where people were flaming back and forth, and just about every "You know you're a squid if..." thing I've ever seen says that Fender Elliminators = :squid:, so I figured I'd test the waters out here, with the locals.

This is a special group of flamers. I mean flaming posts are common here. I mean...

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Gotta say CSC is one cool group, so ya they will flame but mostly out of fun, mainly due to the fact we actually look at each other now and then.

This. :applause:

This changes everything on an online forum.

Sarge
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 09:42 AM
This is a special group of flamers. I mean flaming posts are common here. I mean...

It happens... I'm tempted to bring up the question of Frame Sliders, but I think I'd get much of the same reaction as I did with FE kits.

I understand the risks with the things, but I've low sided with sliders, and without, and you better believe that I'll have a full set on my Priller before I start breaking her in on the Colorado twisties. I'm a bit spoiled, in Nevada they don't use salt on the roads around the lake, and they pile the dirty snow in the middle of the road and actually clean it up afterwards.

dallas
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Frame sliders = :squid:

You might as well go ahead and get a full cage and a 12 o'clock bar.........

(sorry, just had to do it even though frame sliders come highly reccomended from the "cool kids" around here)

Sarge
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Hah, figured I'd hit a nerve with that one, but hey, you've owned an Ape before, you ever tried to get factory plastics, or ANY parts for that matter, for the damn things?

dallas
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Frame sliders are probably more highly reccomended around here than fender eliminators. There is alot of sand/dirt/mud/animals on the roads at any given time of year so frame sliders are a must. I am pretty sure Jackel on here can get you some frame sliders at a good price.

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 09:58 AM
One of our esteemed members suggested frame sliders as the first, most important mod for my new bike. I wanted to talk slip-ons and suspension but...

asp_125
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 10:02 AM
One of our esteemed members suggested frame sliders as the first, most important mod for my new bike. I wanted to talk extended swingarms and neon but...

FTFY.. :D

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Hahaha!!! Busted.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee77/sneeki2/036.jpg

sky_blue
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Fender eliminators have always perplexed me. Do none of you ever ride in the wet? Don't you get sprayed by crap off the back tire?

longrider
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Check out my Tuono, the tail is identical to the RSV. All I did was cut the plastic behind the license plate, total cost 5 minutes of my time. A fender eliminator will only raise the plate another 1 1/2 inch so my opinion was why bother? http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15593&stc=1&d=1285631243

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Fender eliminators have always perplexed me. Do none of you ever ride in the wet? Don't you get sprayed by crap off the back tire?

Looking at the profile of most bikes, the tail section is usually long enough by itself to prevent tire spray... IMO

CaneZach
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Now that thing is simply sexy. You have to do any drilling or anything to put it on? The less the better.

No drilling. It just bolted in to the holes from the original fender.

Sarge
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 10:29 AM

I was confused about this as well, at first anyway. Every street bike I've ever owned has had a separate license plate holder and fender. If you look up at the pics in my first post you'll see I have a carbon rear fender and then that wheelie bar of a plate holder.

I guess the squids are the ones who actually remove the rear fender entirely to put on small license plate holders? :think:

lol.

*edit*
Added this photo to show my fender better. Sorry if it's more oriented towards the rear shock, I took these pictures back on leave and won't be home to take more until February at the earliest. But in the pic you can see that there's a separate fender or rear wheel cover, and if you compare it to the first two in my original post you can see that my "fender" is really just a hugeass plate holder.

Matty
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Usually the first thing i discard from the bike when i get it home. I make them from Home Depot for like 3 bucks.

Sarge
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Check out my Tuono, the tail is identical to the RSV. All I did was cut the plastic behind the license plate, total cost 5 minutes of my time. A fender eliminator will only raise the plate another 1 1/2 inch so my opinion was why bother?

She's damn pretty, what year is that? 2004?

salsashark
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Looking at the profile of most bikes, the tail section is usually long enough by itself to prevent tire spray... IMO

The replacement license plate holder I have on the speedie keeps up splash to a minimum at speed. However, when going slow, the tire does fling water up all over the tail section and me. So I try to avoid puddles and the like in parking lots.

Now, if I'm out riding in the rain, a little water off the tire isn't going to make a bit of difference on my bike. :D

CaneZach
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 10:55 AM
I was confused about this as well, at first anyway. Every street bike I've ever owned has had a separate license plate holder and fender. If you look up at the pics in my first post you'll see I have a carbon rear fender and then that wheelie bar of a plate holder.

I guess the squids are the ones who actually remove the rear fender entirely to put on small license plate holders? :think:

lol.

*edit*
Added this photo to show my fender better. Sorry if it's more oriented towards the rear shock, I took these pictures back on leave and won't be home to take more until February at the earliest. But in the pic you can see that there's a separate fender or rear wheel cover, and if you compare it to the first two in my original post you can see that my "fender" is really just a hugeass plate holder.

What you have is a wheelie bar for a fender and a carbon rear tire hugger. Some people will confuse the two, but the rear fender is the whole plate/reflector assy. The rear tire hugger is the part that goes over the top of the rear tire to prevent the undertail and rear shock from getting nasty.

Depths_of_Mind
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 11:22 AM
I just hate the monstrocity's they call fenders. They tend to look more like a Rudder for a large boat. I ditch them first chance I get also.

mtnairlover
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 11:33 AM
I love being identified as a :squid: with the unusually large and ugly plastic thingy hanging off the tail of my Zed. It's cool! :lol:

Actually, it's been quite a while since I had thought about it, but after reading this thread, I am inclined to find a good hacksaw and cut off the extra baggage, er plastic...to see what, if any, improvement can be made.

asp_125
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 11:43 AM
I have an unusually large thing hanging .. oh nvrmd. :D

On the SV I removed the huge grain shovel cause I was a racer wannabee and wanted to hide my plate from the po-po. :p But riding year round and in the rain, dirt and water off the tire worked its way into the "trunk", and I had a nice skunk stripe on my back more than once.

I've run the stock fender on the gixxer for years now, because other than removing the round safety reflectors, it doesn't look like captn hook's nose.

Aphrodite
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 11:50 AM
If I ride in the wet not really worrying to much about my back due to the fact my front is already soaked, so I avoid the wet when possible and just wipe the day to day stuff. Might get caught one of these days where that long thing thing could have helped me but hey I like it the way I like it, so I got it the way I got it. :cheers:

As for your frame sliders make sure you get them long enough to actually do you good. The ones I got don't seem like they would do anything if I plop it much less have it actually slide down the road.

longrider
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 12:53 PM
She's damn pretty, what year is that? 2004?

Thanks, that is a 2009. The Tuono didnt get the new engine & chassis until 2006

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 02:40 PM
The replacement license plate holder I have on the speedie keeps up splash to a minimum at speed. However, when going slow, the tire does fling water up all over the tail section and me. So I try to avoid puddles and the like in parking lots.

Now, if I'm out riding in the rain, a little water off the tire isn't going to make a bit of difference on my bike. :D

I like your solution: Speed. :D

Your bike has a short tailsection though... right? Triumph, Buell, and... what else?

brennahm
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 02:52 PM
:squid:=caring what other people think about how your bike looks.

8)Good luck getting back stateside healthy!

salsashark
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 03:05 PM
I like your solution: Speed. :D

While I'm not nearly as crazy as Devaclis, I like riding in adverse weather. It provides unique challenges and makes riding that much more fun. I think one of my favorite rides in 2010 was up Mt. Evans in June when it was sleeting, snowy, rainy, foggy... I haven't been that scared and excited on a bike in a long time.

Oh, and a good quality rain suit is worth every penny!

Your bike has a short tailsection though... right? Triumph, Buell, and... what else?

Yep... the Speed Triple has little to no tail section.

The 1125R's gone, but it also had a relatively short tail. I didn't own this bike long enough to cut off the tail but it would have happened eventually.

The Multistrada is fully stock with the fender, hugger, and rear tire fender thing (I don't know what they call it) and will probably remain this way for the foreseeable future. The Rear fender that hangs down off the bike isn't overly obnoxious and with the hard bags on it, it's barely noticeable.

Spiderman
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Fender eliminators = :squid:

Frame sliders = :squid:

If you have them both, you're :gay:

J/K

My homemade fender eliminator (with prices & pics). (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=31857#post31857)

Oh, and I have Intuitive frame sliders (clip-on, frame, clutch, & swingarm). ;)

cbrjohnny
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 08:41 PM
changed the whole look of my bike... 08' cbr 600rr with turn signals from 1974! lol

BC14
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 10:32 PM
I put mine on because the stock reflector/plasticness is just terribly fugly. I do make a nice rooster tail at speed now, and that keeps most people off my a** in the rain.

Sarge
Wed Oct 13th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Thanks, that is a 2009. The Tuono didnt get the new engine & chassis until 2006

Eh, figures. Never actually ridden a Tuono, always have preffered the RSVs, and '04 was the last year they made any real changes to the RSV before the RSV4, which will probably be my next bike. 8)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Oct 14th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Check out my Tuono, the tail is identical to the RSV. All I did was cut the plastic behind the license plate, total cost 5 minutes of my time. A fender eliminator will only raise the plate another 1 1/2 inch so my opinion was why bother? http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15593&stc=1&d=1285631243
Dude, was that pic taken of the Tetons? I could swear, I have almost that same pic.

MetaLord 9
Thu Oct 14th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Like anything, if your FE looks like you did it in shop class while being half drunk and mostly high, then you're gonna look like a squid. ...like mine. :D
Srsly tho, Fe's make the bike look sleeker and more polished IMHO. +1 with Matty in that it's the first thing to come off of a new bike for me and +1 to DoM for the "wth were they thinking?" stock fenders. Also, due to the angle and size of the Ninja's tail section, I've never had splash from the rear tire be an issue, FE or not

As far as frame sliders go, ever say goodbye to your baby because of a frame tweak on low side? Ever had to price out replacement plastic for a small stupid parking lot drop or low speed tip? Sliders aren't there to protect your plastics, but they'll definitely help mitigate some damage as well as saving the frame from any awkward falls. They're probby the first add-on for a new bike for me.

longrider
Thu Oct 14th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Dude, was that pic taken of the Tetons? I could swear, I have almost that same pic.

Yes it is, it was just one of the pulloffs in the park.

Ricky
Thu Oct 14th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Never heard of it being a squid thing before. I still have the original fender on my bike, but that's only because I believe that every kit out there is ugly or overpriced for what you get. I laugh at the vendor that tries to sell a strap that goes around my muffler, with an L bracket, for $130. I could probably get the same crap at Home Depot for $5.

I do hate the way the fenders are on stock bikes. They look better when removed, IMO.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Oct 15th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Yes it is, it was just one of the pulloffs in the park.
I KNEW it! I took a pic from that same exact spot. That was about the only good thing about my "exile" in ID, was getting to do some amazing rides over the summer. The Tetons RAWK, and I found some awesome roads in UT and AZ. Yellowstone COULD have been really cool......except for all the friggin' RV traffic moving at, like, 12mph..... Too bad I didn't get to do Lolo Pass as N_N suggested. I just never got to it. Maybe next season!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Oct 15th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Though my '01's rear fender wasn't as euro-obnoxious as they are now, I got tired of seeing it and didn't want mine looking like the squids where it looked like it was chewed off. I clamped a metal straightedge to mine, scored it deeply with a fresh X-acto blade, then carefully used a boxcutter with a fresh blade to cut it off cleanly. I ised a fine woodfile to take the sharp edges off and roughen it up for a factory look. I flipped the stock metal license bracket upside down, and it was done. If you ever see it, it looks totally factory. I like it, and there's enough fender left to keep most of the spray from the rear tire down.

You don't need a "kit", just be creative and careful.8)

Aphrodite
Fri Oct 15th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Nah don't really need a kit but the one I got, I got if for cheap on Flea-bay ($2.00 all plastic preformed to fit as a direct bolt on) it has some cheesy integrated lights on it and a plate light that mounts up by the hugger, I still had to redo the plate lighting to make it visible at night to keep the popo's off of my case.

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Oct 15th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Obscure reference alert!
I'd like to think I'm handy but I usually have to make multiple trips to ACE for simple projects. At least the women (used to) find me handsome.

MetaLord 9
Fri Oct 15th, 2010, 01:49 PM
If you end up drilling your own, MAKE SURE you know where you CDI is! There was some idiot who drilled right through his CDI in trying to make his own FE. $800 mistake I believe!

CaneZach
Fri Oct 15th, 2010, 02:03 PM
If you end up drilling your own, MAKE SURE you know where you CDI is! There was some idiot who drilled right through his CDI in trying to make his own FE. $800 mistake I believe!

Ah, yes. The guy was on a Kawi and drilled right through it. Good stuff lol!

Aphrodite
Fri Oct 15th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Would defiantly be a :banghead: moment.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sat Oct 16th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Ah, yes. The guy was on a Kawi and drilled right through it. Good stuff lol!
......couldn't really make it run any worse...... :)

Ol'Skool
Sun Oct 17th, 2010, 12:54 AM
Hey Sarge,
I voted squidly until I saw the fender on that bike. Yeesh, whats with the reflectors? I retract my vote to do whatever you want.

Sarge
Sun Oct 17th, 2010, 05:42 AM
FYI, y'oll can call me Joe, or Joseph. :cheers:

8)

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Sun Oct 17th, 2010, 06:12 AM
FYI, y'oll can call me Joe, or Joseph. :cheers:

8)

Ho Bo Joe? :dunno:

CoRR
Sun Oct 17th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Hendrix song "Hey Joe" .

Do as YOU would like on the fender. You have all the options.

On the wifes 2010 Ninja 250 I started at the bottom and cut a piece . She looked at it and said "more"
I ended up behind the plate and she likes it there. Easy Nuff

I used tape to make a straight line then cut with a dull hacksaw.

sprtbkbabe
Sun Oct 17th, 2010, 09:27 AM
meh, just sawzall the bottom off below the plate.

Sarge
Sun Oct 17th, 2010, 01:06 PM
meh, just sawzall the bottom off below the plate.

Very nice. :)

Thanks to everyone for offering suggestions/opinions, etc. I'm definitely cutting the dang thing off first chance I get.

I was trying to gear the topic of the thread more towards whether or not FE kits are squiddy or not, not particularly in my case, but just in general. I seem to be having a general problem in expressing myself online lately, maybe I'm just not as clear a communicator as I take myself to be. :loser:

Anywho, I asked the question originally because I read a handfull of those "You know you're a squid if..." threads and every one of them mentioned FE kits.

(http://wetleather.com/pages/squidpurity.html)
This is just one example I found in an old thread on here, but as you'll see it mentions FE kits, and extra points if you actually saw your's off.
*edit* I just started reading through this, and it actually adds points for having more than one motorcycle... How does THAT make you a squid? Maybe these things are just retarded in general and we all spend too much time reading them when we have nothing better to do? :cool:

I was honestly just curious what the general consensus was. I think even if you all voted squid I would have done it anyway.:D

Thanks again,

-out

Bueller
Sun Oct 17th, 2010, 01:23 PM
I think any one that would wade though that test to determine if they were a squid or not is a ............ well you know :lol:

Sarge
Sun Oct 17th, 2010, 01:29 PM
I think any one that would wade though that test to determine if they were a squid or not is a ............ well you know :lol:

Well said, I spend countless hours, (well, like 8 ) every day just reading crap on the internet to pass the time. This being the time I spend at work, and I never get any days off. I just started reading this and realized how stupid huge it is, but I'll probably read through the entire thing at work tomorrow. :loser:

I'm not trying to deny it, I really am a squid, just for the record. :squid:

longrider
Sun Oct 17th, 2010, 01:55 PM
I have honestly never understood the connection between squids and bike mods. While there are some mods (such as neon) more likely to be done by a squid doing it doesn't make you one. You can also be a squid on a bone stock bike.

As for the mod being discussed, I have never considered fender eliminators as something squids do. Almost everybody I know has done it.

Sarge
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 03:19 AM
Bueller, I tried to read it, I really did. It was just too long and too retarded, not even funny, like most are.

Have you ever replaced your suspension? (+1)

Have you ever replaced your sprockets to change the speed? (+1)

Have you ever experienced a tank-slapper? (+4)

Have you ever ridden over 500 miles in one day? (+1)

(It's squiddy to ride your bike on long trips?)

Eh, guess I'll have to find something else to stifle the tears of my boredom...

MetaLord 9
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Eh, guess I'll have to find something else to stifle the tears of my boredom...
I believe the technical term for what you're seeking is "porn."

Sarge
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 08:19 AM
NSFW.