PDA

View Full Version : MRA 2011 Rule Change Meeting @ The Walnut Room Sun, Oct 17th

MRA
Thu Oct 14th, 2010, 09:26 AM
The MRA will be holding it's 2011 Rules Change Meeting this Sunday at The Walnut Room. Come out and let your voice be heard regarding the rule change suggestions that have been submitted by the MRA members and enjoy the great food and drink specials that the "Nut" is providing us.

Current rule change suggestions:
1. Allow addition of slipper clutches in Supersport for bikes that don't come with one standard from the factory.
2. ...Allow replacement of windscreen with unrestricted origin.
3. Allow full exhaust pipe wrapping.
4. Combine ROR GTU and GTO classes and go back to the "One Premier Class" format.
5. Assign top 10 number plates based on Clubman championship as opposed to ROR GTO finishing.
6. Creation of Ninja 250 Cup class.
7. Creation of Formula 40 class.
8. Remove Sportsman class.
9. Change 4hr community service requirements.
10. Allow 850 twins into SuperTwins GTU
11. Replace HWSB and HWSS with Middle and Open Modified production classes.

Food and drink specials:
1.) PBR Pitcher $5.00 w/ purchase any 14" or 18" pizza
2.) Sauza Margaritas $5.00
3.) A bucket of 4 Coronas $6.00
4.) Pints of Ice Cold Red OR White Sangria $6.00
5.) ABSOLUT You-Call-It $4.00
6.) Bottomless Mimosas $8.00 (Noon – 3pm)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=159428490744348

Bueller
Thu Oct 14th, 2010, 09:51 AM
What is the minimum requirement to vote on rule change recommendations? Are SuperStreet riders, or day licenses eligible?

UglyDogRacing
Thu Oct 14th, 2010, 10:07 AM
What is the minimum requirement to vote on rule change recommendations? Are SuperStreet riders, or day licenses eligible?

Dave thanks for bringing this up. You must have a full membership to vote. Those who purchased one day licenses will not be able to vote. Superstreet riders will not be elgible to vote unless they purchased a full membership this season.

jsears1864
Fri Oct 15th, 2010, 12:06 AM
6. Creation of Ninja 250 Cup class.

looks like im gonna finally start roadracing...

hey are there any rules proposed to separate pros from novices in the 250 cup? or is it gonna be open skill level and end up being a bunch of super fast dudes dominating all year?

Bueller
Fri Oct 15th, 2010, 06:16 AM
It'll be the fast guys out front but it won't be because their bikes are far superior, it'll be because they know how to ride, and not make mistakes.
The creation of the class is what is being voted on, specifics will be hammered out later, I would think this will be an combined (Novice and Expert) class.

rybo
Fri Oct 15th, 2010, 08:17 AM
I wrote the N250 rule proposal....here it is for your review:

Class: Ninja 250 cup class
Type: Amateur (novice / expert combined)- Sprint

Bike must be a Kawasaki Ninja 250 (EX250) to qualify for this class. All years of this model are allowed.

In the interest of creating parity in the class ONLY the following modifications are allowed.

1: Bike must comply with safety standards listed in section 5.2.1 EXCEPT that the Ninja 250 does NOT require a steering damper.

2: No engine modifications, except as detailed below, are permitted. Engine must remain as delivered from the factory.

3: The stock airbox / air filter must remain in place and connected. No modification of the airbox / air filter is permitted.

3: Bodywork may be replaced with parts of unlimited origin

4: Exhaust system may be replaced with parts of unlimited origin

5: Carburetor jetting consisting of Main Jet, Pilot Jet, Needle and Slide hole size may be changed. No other modifications are allowed.

6: The PAIR valve may be blocked

7: Suspension may be modified with different springs / valves, but the stock rear shock body and stock fork tubes must be retained.

8: Brake pads may be replaced with parts of unlimited origin

9: Brake lines (hoses) may be replaced with parts of unlimited origin

10: Controls; footpegs, rearsets, handlebars, clip on's, levers may be replaced with parts of unlimited origin. Brake master cylinders and throttle control must remain as stock.

11: External gearing may be changed consisting of chain and sprockets only. These parts may be replaced with parts of unlimited origin

12: Tires may be replaced with parts of unlimited origin.

13: On bikes manufactured 2007 or before the following additional modifications are permitted

a: Wheels may be replaced with OEM 2008 and up 17" Ninja 250 wheels.
b: Rear shock may be replaced with an OEM 2008 and up Ninja 250 Shock

DucWise
Fri Oct 15th, 2010, 08:39 AM
My first race bike I built up many many moons ago, a bone stock (as far as you know) '86 two-fitty, was a hoot and a half to scoot around on. I think this is a fabulous idea :loop:

http://jmurray3.us/newsite/newimages/small_ex250onstand.jpg

:cheers:

Bueller
Fri Oct 15th, 2010, 09:46 AM
12: Tires may be replaced with parts of unlimited origin.

Scer how much would those slicks run me 8)

R1NORI
Fri Oct 15th, 2010, 06:12 PM
To help show support for this awesome new class
I will offer new 2010 models for $3799 less any rebates to anyone wanting to race a new one!

Currently the rebate is $250

Cheers!