PDA

View Full Version : Beware

Devil954
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 11:57 AM
I took my bodywork to this guy Derrick(Ponyboy319)on the premise of paying 150.00 for a decent paint job . so two weeks go by and I go pick it up . There are huge runs everywhere . There are missed spots that didnt get painted There is paint chipping from bad prep work the whole left side of my lower was not clearcoated and the list goes on . But the best part of all of it is when he tells me its gonna be $400.00 for one of worst paint jobs I have seen and then tells me the 150.00 I was quoted wasjust for the lowers :lol: feel free to drop by my pit anytime and see the shitwork that this hack did on my bike . I am going to pay for it on principle alone . I have been pondering what to do about it but I guess I will pay for it and warn everyone else . or he is gonna take me to small claims court for $900.00 :lol:

Keyser Soze
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 12:12 PM
:no: Another story about this clown fuckin someone over....don't worry, he'll attempt to make things right in a couple years...Butters strikes again

UglyDogRacing
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Hey Ed- Show us some pics!!

Cleveland
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Hey Ed- Show us some pics!!

:imwithstupid:

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Pay for it on principal??? Don't be stupid!

salsashark
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Pay for it on principal??? Don't be stupid! :imwithstupid:

You don't go to the grocery store and buy rotten food, why would you pay for shitty paint work. If the cat wants his money, make him do it right!

If your that willing to throw money away, I can get a helper monkey and a can of spray paint, and I'll only charge you $200, well as long as the monkey isn't union. :lol: :D

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 12:54 PM
or make him come and get it from you/us!
butters butter not come around any more... :idea: :x

salsashark
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 12:56 PM
or he is gonna take me to small claims court for $900.00 :lol:

So you signed a contract for work to be performed for 900? ;)

Anonymous
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 01:03 PM
I'm somewhat surprised to hear this, considering how he did (to the best of my recollection) a pretty damn good job on Hoopty's F3 bodywork last year.

I don't know the price of paint, but I seem to recall him offering paint services for the price of the paint & shop supplies alone. $150 sounds a little "too good to be true" for 3 pieces of bodywork (or 4 if you include the tank), but what do I know. :dunno: $400 sounds along the lines of what Morse would have charged you for 4 pieces (tank + all bodywork -- fender gets painted free).

It's quite possible that he was only quoting you $150 for the lower, but if he expects you to pay for (any of) it, then I think you have the right to expect a quality product.

Keep us posted. :|

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 01:15 PM
I don't know what to say bob.
Also if he would have taken it to Morse he wouldn't be having this issue...they would have seen their crap work and been like we are gonna need a few more days to make it right. :up:
Butters :loser: was like "here dude...lets go into my parents garage (aka: my shop/paint booth), i'll be done in like five minutes..." Five minutes passes and so far you've heard him shake a bunch of spray paint cans and drop them all over the floor. He comes out all black and is like "that'll be $400" :down:

Anonymous
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Butters :loser: was like "here dude...lets go into my parents garage (aka: my shop/paint booth), i'll be done in like five minutes..." Five minutes passes and so far you've heard him shake a bunch of spray paint cans and drop them all over the floor. He comes out all black and is like "that'll be $400" :down:
Nice story. :roll: I'm not saying it didn't happen that way, but that's not the way Ed made it sound. I'm going to call :bs: on your version. :lol:

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 01:23 PM
but my version is funny!!! and quite possibly true!

Project Sh*tbox
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Just "borrow" the paint job and stop posting on the board until you decide to pay at your leasure. Then, after multiple threats you can pay up and then start posting again as if you never did anything wrong. Wait, who were we talking about?

-ASC

salsashark
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Just "borrow" the paint job and stop posting on the board until you decide to pay at your leasure. Then, after multiple threats you can pay up and then start posting again as if you never did anything wrong. Wait, who were we talking about?

-ASC :spit: nice

Anonymous
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 03:03 PM

-ASC
................. :pointlaugh:

... then get a funny haircut and a new nickname that you hate...

oh, nevermind :lol:

NZ Darren
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Maybe you should give him a chance to fix it?

Ponyboy step up and redo your shitty work, you have a bad enough rep around here as it is.

swademaster
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Where you at in Northglenn? I'm near 112th and York and could stop by to see this paint job. I could also take some pics and post them for you if you aren't able.

Project Sh*tbox
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 03:12 PM
I don't know about a re-do. If his paint work is as good as his self-hair cutting endevors, I'd steer clear.

-ASC

Anonymous
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Maybe you should give him a chance to fix it?

Ponyboy step up and redo your shitty work, you have a bad enough rep around here as it is.
That's what I meant to say! :D

Geology Rocks
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 03:18 PM
I say we hang him THEN we kill him!!!!!!

I have nothing good to add..... :(

Joe

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 03:23 PM

Joe
That's funny! Where's that from! I know that's from a movie or somthing!

salsashark
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 03:41 PM

Joe
That's funny! Where's that from! I know that's from a movie or somthing!

Peewee's big adventure

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 03:43 PM
I'm thinking something different and less gay!

Geology Rocks
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 03:45 PM
At least he didnt turn you into a newt........I got betta.

Joe

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Gotcha...Monty Python!!!

Bueller
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Hey Ed how many colors did he do? I just finished mine and I way over bought on the paint, I've got a ton of black and yellow (novice plate yellow), and clear coat. I could prolly work something out with you if you want to straighten it up.
BTW I only had like one or two small sag/run spots, and it's the first thing I've painted (shot) in about 20 years.
I think Morse is like $300 one color with painted # plates, with only light sanding prep needed, additional $100 per color and $100 for tank with some repair work.
Oh and one more time..........told ya so :P

GixxStunna
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 05:23 PM
I took my bodywork to this guy Derrick(Ponyboy319)on the premise of paying 150.00 for a decent paint job . so two weeks go by and I go pick it up . There are huge runs everywhere . There are missed spots that didnt get painted There is paint chipping from bad prep work the whole left side of my lower was not clearcoated and the list goes on . But the best part of all of it is when he tells me its gonna be $400.00 for one of worst paint jobs I have seen and then tells me the 150.00 I was quoted wasjust for the lowers :lol: feel free to drop by my pit anytime and see the shitwork that this hack did on my bike . I am going to pay for it on principle alone . I have been pondering what to do about it but I guess I will pay for it and warn everyone else . or he is gonna take me to small claims court for $900.00 :lol:
I happen to know that this "kid" does painting on the side so if he threatens to sue you again for a bullshit paint job, PM me and I will help you out in letting the IRS know he doesn't pay taxes for a business he's running! :D

Feathered upstart!
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 05:27 PM
There are huge runs everywhere . There are missed spots that didnt get painted There is paint chipping from bad prep work the whole left side of my lower was not clearcoated and the list goes on

How does this differ from any Honda paint job? :lol:

wraithR1
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 05:38 PM
There are huge runs everywhere . There are missed spots that didnt get painted There is paint chipping from bad prep work the whole left side of my lower was not clearcoated and the list goes on

This is great! :lol:

~Barn~
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 06:03 PM
All I can picture right now, is the actual "Butters" from Southpark mumbling something to the affect of..

"Uh..uh... I'm real sorry about the shity paintjob fellas, Uh.. I can't whistle if I eat too many crackers, ya know."

Devil954
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 08:12 PM

This is great! :lol:
At least it follows suit with the honda it "RUNS" :lol: I am not worried about being sued I actually found humor in that. I did check the buisness use & tax license registry for the city of Englewood and could not find his dads shop listed on the websites buisness registry 8) . But anyway I paid 100.00 dollars to get it painted last year and it was a pretty decent job (for $100.00) just as this job would be for like 150 to 200 . But for 400.00 I could have went to Morse and it would be perfect . I am not looking for perfection or I would have taken it to Morse. I was looking for a 200.00 dollar paint job that I could go scrape on our local race tracks with my average 1 crash a year :lol: . I dont have a problem paying for it I just want to pay what its worth , But its just money and I will pay But what goes around comes around

NZ Darren
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Can you please post a picture so other people considering using or not using his services can get an idea of the quality of his work.

Devil954
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 08:26 PM
I will try to get some up tomorrow

Rick T.
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Ed,
I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal with the infamous Pony Boy and his antics...

I took my Mille's body work to Morse and spent a small (ok, a considerable) fortune on my paint job. However, Scott and staff have been OUTSTANDING. They have been very helpful, understanding and patient with my requests. The Mille is more beautiful than ever. Scott Morse earned a lifetime customer and a friend...

Maybe Scott could give you a deal on a respray? Their absolute worst job (is that possible??) would still be better than the Pony Express'...

Good luck. Take no shit from anyone...

yoda
Sat Apr 9th, 2005, 03:24 PM
ya i did a good job on hooptys bike last year because he gave me time to do it and the plastics were not busted to shit when i got them. it took me about 3.5 weeks on hooptys bike, and that was with no repairs. i was given 2 weeks with the lowers all busted to shit and the tail had holes in it. than after i rushed to get it done in 2 weeks, while i work another full time job, i am told he will be out of town for a week so i could have had another week to make it look just as good a hooptys with some little extra graphics for nothing.

~Barn~
Sat Apr 9th, 2005, 03:44 PM
I say just fix it then, and make it worth what he's paying. That should make everybody happy and get yet another monkey off your back. :dunno:

snatfinder
Sat Apr 9th, 2005, 05:17 PM
"hamburgers..."---Butters

GixxStunna
Sat Apr 9th, 2005, 09:16 PM
ya i did a good job on hooptys bike last year because he gave me time to do it and the plastics were not busted to shit when i got them. it took me about 3.5 weeks on hooptys bike, and that was with no repairs. i was given 2 weeks with the lowers all busted to shit and the tail had holes in it. than after i rushed to get it done in 2 weeks, while i work another full time job, i am told he will be out of town for a week so i could have had another week to make it look just as good a hooptys with some little extra graphics for nothing.

sounds like justifying your crappy work, I reccomend finding a different sportbikeclub for you to benefit from like stealing, lieing and fuckin people over... Your name is FOCKED in this club biatch. :321:

yoda
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 12:10 PM
btw my dads shop is in sheridan it only has an englewood mailing address and he has been in business for over 20 years.

Wahooman
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 12:10 PM
:shock:

King Nothing
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 12:12 PM
wow, with 20 years experiance, you would think he could pass on some pointers!

snatfinder
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 12:21 PM
yeah right... if he was my kid I wouldn't even talk to him... let alone give him pointers in my line of work

I'd sell his ass to Paris Hilton /south park reference

Bueller
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 12:47 PM
Or at least a full complement of Genes.

yoda
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Or at least a full complement of Genes.

you dumb fuck how can he pass genes on to me when i am adopted (or do you even know what that big word means?)

King Nothing
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 04:08 PM
:spit: :lol: WOW! he really told us! :oops:

:lol:

yoda
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 04:17 PM
ok first off i told ed i would do his lowers for $150 not 4 parts. then when he came to get the parts he did not have his check book and i let him take off with the parts after telling him the price. later he called me about one run in his uppers and now everything has blown up on this thread. he never called me to fix them or said anything that remotely had to do with anything wrong with the parts. if he would have said something that day this whole thing would be different, but by taking the parts he accepted them the way they were, as there was nothing wrong with them.

~Barn~
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Okay... Done with this shit...
Figure it out between yourselves...