PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Sport Bike Documentary?

av8tor75
Fri Oct 15th, 2010, 08:54 PM
I know I am a newb here but this is going to be my first post....here it goes. I have been riding since about 1994 and have always wanted to do a documentary about riding. I have a side business that entails commercial production and music video production (see link below). I would like to make a discovery channel style documentary about the local riding and really get into why people like bikes and get some track stuff in there. Maybe get some interviews with some AMA riders and get insight about where they came from. Anyway, might be a pipe dream but I know people like to see there bikes, themselves on a bike and more bikes. Let me know if anyone is interested and we can get this thing in a film festival. I'm in C-springs. Later all.

Here's a country video I did. Its not much but this would be the "film look" anyway.

http://www.vimeo.com/15339907

Nick_Ninja
Fri Oct 15th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Your HD video RAWKS :up: The slide Dobro kicks ass :rock:

asp_125
Fri Oct 15th, 2010, 09:11 PM
:up:

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Oct 15th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Looks pretty cool

SaShWhO
Fri Oct 15th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Very cool!
Welcome!!

Mother Goose
Fri Oct 15th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Sounds like a good idea. If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask.

BlueRanger
Fri Oct 15th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Skillz :yay:

Depths_of_Mind
Sat Oct 16th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Maybe get some interviews with some AMA riders and get insight about where they came from. Anyway, might be a pipe dream but I know people like to see there bikes, themselves on a bike and more bikes.

Talk with Eric down at Apex, usually works the front counter. He has some pretty decent stories about his racing and such.

av8tor75
Sat Oct 16th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the input. Sounds like an excuse to go to Apex.

Bueller
Sat Oct 16th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Not much in the way of AMA racing here, unfortunately the MRA season ended last weekend and the Supermoto series ended several weeks ago, now we are headed to winter so the CSC will turn into drama central until spring. :lol:

av8tor75
Sat Oct 16th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Yea, I'm going to miss the summer for sure. My plan was to take on a documentary project, use the winter to develop the storyboard and then take a month next summer to film it. I want to do it right and make it unique. AMA wise, I was thinking of finding some riders from Colorado (grew up riding type thing) and going to them to interview. I love the California tracks and I have some contacts out there that could get me a press/photographer pass. If there is anyone in springs that would like to throw down some BBQ and spit ball this idea shoot me an email.

av8tor75@gmail.com :cheers:

av8tor75
Sat Oct 16th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Hey Bueller, nice helmet cam vids.

Bueller
Sat Oct 16th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Thanks, not movie quality but it keeps me sane over the long winter :lol:

I need to replace the lens cover on the housing, too many crashes and such has it scratched up pretty good.

If I wasn't so poor I'd get an HD.

av8tor75
Sun Oct 17th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Thanks, not movie quality

What is movie quality lately? Guess you haven't seen Paranormal Activity. :D

av8tor75
Sat Oct 30th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Got some traction as far as interest. Someone suggested bringing in all aspects of riding (e.g. Harley, touring, motorcross, etc.) Would make for a more interesting doc if the content was done properly. I think if I could find the common emotion in the different facets, it would make for interesting viewing. Looks like this may turn into more of a blog than a forum post.

Ghost
Sat Oct 30th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Got some traction as far as interest. Someone suggested bringing in all aspects of riding (e.g. Harley, touring, motorcross, etc.) Would make for a more interesting doc if the content was done properly. I think if I could find the common emotion in the different facets, it would make for interesting viewing. Looks like this may turn into more of a blog than a forum post.

While I'm purely a sportbike guy, I wrote a few pieces for a local Harely magazine and I still have contact there.

So, in theory, I could put you in touch to scrape up some HD folks (though you could probably just post on their forums too).

If you go beyond just sportbikes then you'll need Harley, Gold Wing, Dual-sport, and dirt riders to really capture all of what happens here.

And while AMA is the big name, if you're doing a CO piece then it really is the MRA races, racers, and the local tracks who are "the" Colorado racing scene.

Finally, I'm a freelance writer & editor, and I know a great still photographer, so let me know if you need any help in that area.

Good luck & I want to see this when it's done! ;)

R1NORI
Sat Oct 30th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Sounds cool !
There are great canyon rides here !(pine deckers)
many guys have been riding that for years
Would love to help
Just all the different canyon rides in Colorado would make a great
documentary!

R1NORI
Sat Oct 30th, 2010, 10:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unHh5SeDWCc

R1NORI
Sat Oct 30th, 2010, 05:09 PM
DECKERS

Scer
Sat Oct 30th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Actually, we do have some AMA riders here. Josh Galster is a story all in his own. I believe Dalton Dimick is thinking of heading that way. Although Shane Turpin might not be going there next year, his experience from this year in the MRA is an awesome example of perseverance and determination.
Let's not forget Mr. Ricky Orlando himself. In the first AMA race of next year, he will be breaking the record of the most laps around the Daytona Motor Speedway.

Colorado is a great place for motorcycles and riding them!! Just chat with people here and there and I am sure you will get enough ideas to have a (or a few) films.

Good luck and let me know if you would be interested in talking to some of the above riders!

film on filmas

PunyJuney
Sat Oct 30th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Get some footage tomorrow on Peak to Peak. Today we had 12 bikes out and the scenery was spectacular. It was warm enough to ride but the snow capped peaks were fully lit by mid day sun.

R1NORI
Tue Nov 2nd, 2010, 01:06 PM
Actually, we do have some AMA riders here. Josh Galster is a story all in his own. I believe Dalton Dimick is thinking of heading that way. Although Shane Turpin might not be going there next year, his experience from this year in the MRA is an awesome example of perseverance and determination.
Let's not forget Mr. Ricky Orlando himself. In the first AMA race of next year, he will be breaking the record of the most laps around the Daytona Motor Speedway.

Colorado is a great place for motorcycles and riding them!! Just chat with people here and there and I am sure you will get enough ideas to have a (or a few) films.

Good luck and let me know if you would be interested in talking to some of the above riders!

film on filmas

Don't forget Rob Christman MRA (& AMA experience)

UglyDogRacing
Tue Nov 2nd, 2010, 01:21 PM
Yea, I'm going to miss the summer for sure. My plan was to take on a documentary project, use the winter to develop the storyboard and then take a month next summer to film it. I want to do it right and make it unique. AMA wise, I was thinking of finding some riders from Colorado (grew up riding type thing) and going to them to interview. I love the California tracks and I have some contacts out there that could get me a press/photographer pass. If there is anyone in springs that would like to throw down some BBQ and spit ball this idea shoot me an email.

av8tor75@gmail.com :cheers:

If you are interested in interviews with some of our local racers, send me an email and I'll set it up for you. I can get you set up with a press pass at our races next season. It's a first come first serve basis the Saturday morning of our race weekends.

mra.publicrelations@gmail.com

UglyDogRacing
Tue Nov 2nd, 2010, 01:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unHh5SeDWCc

I've never seen this before and I'm in it. :lol:

Mother Goose
Tue Nov 2nd, 2010, 02:14 PM
I thought that was you. Hooligan! :lol:

R1NORI
Tue Nov 2nd, 2010, 02:33 PM

There once was a time when I was there you were there
or vice versa:lol:

R1NORI
Tue Nov 2nd, 2010, 03:29 PM
Alot of good stories can be heard here !

UglyDogRacing
Tue Nov 2nd, 2010, 03:49 PM

Don't you have a good one? I'm thinking about the guy on the ladder....

R1NORI
Tue Nov 2nd, 2010, 05:33 PM
Damn!
I don't have that one on film!

av8tor75
Thu Nov 4th, 2010, 10:27 AM
While I'm purely a sportbike guy, I wrote a few pieces for a local Harely magazine and I still have contact there.

So, in theory, I could put you in touch to scrape up some HD folks (though you could probably just post on their forums too).

If you go beyond just sportbikes then you'll need Harley, Gold Wing, Dual-sport, and dirt riders to really capture all of what happens here.

And while AMA is the big name, if you're doing a CO piece then it really is the MRA races, racers, and the local tracks who are "the" Colorado racing scene.

Finally, I'm a freelance writer & editor, and I know a great still photographer, so let me know if you need any help in that area.

Good luck & I want to see this when it's done! ;)

I would love to start doing interviews this winter. I would need a writer if your interested. My thought was to plan this whole thing out this winter and execute in the spring/summer and have it ready for a festival. Anyway, definitely need many minds on this because I know what riding means for me but to capture the true story behind riding, I need input. Keep in touch.

I'm a sport bike purest as well.

av8tor75
Thu Nov 4th, 2010, 10:28 AM
That's why we have to wait until summer! Swim suit models!

av8tor75
Thu Nov 4th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Absolutely interested in talking to riders. Keep in touch if you're interested in participating (the more the merrier) and I look forward to talking with some of you over the winter.

BTW, the wife saw the picture and asked what I was doing. I said trying to create a sport bike documentary. Lucy...You have sum splaining to do ;)

UglyDogRacing
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 11:15 AM
Damn!
I don't have that one on film!

Found the one you were looking for and uploaded this morning to YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdt5rdKyuiw

Ghost
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 01:58 PM
I would love to start doing interviews this winter. I would need a writer if your interested. My thought was to plan this whole thing out this winter and execute in the spring/summer and have it ready for a festival. Anyway, definitely need many minds on this because I know what riding means for me but to capture the true story behind riding, I need input. Keep in touch.

I'm a sport bike purest as well.

Yep, I'm interested. PM me whenever you're ready for whatever you need, writing and or if you just need someone to bounce ideas off of.

Ghost
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 01:59 PM
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15967&stc=1&d=1288733351

I'd like to hear her story...perhaps a private interview could be arranged?:makeout:

Snowman
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 02:17 PM
This idea was bantered about on the MRA forum last season. Basically they saw the TV footage being put out on kart racing over at Centennial and wanted to see if they could produce something similar.

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=11342

BlueDog
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 06:07 PM
Are you picturing like "On Any Sunday" meets Colorado specific motorcycling? Cause that sounds awesome and like it would be a great watch. Especially if you were able to get to the other types of riders as someone else mentioned.

FZRguy
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 07:38 PM
I can round up some MX racers for some filming at a local track if you want.