PDA

View Full Version : New Tires?

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sat Oct 16th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Ok, my rear Metzler M3 is shot, and I usually replace tires as a set, so I'm looking at people's opinions who run different tires, especially if they have run the M3's before. I was thinking of trying the new dunflops, or maybe the new Pirelli's, or the new Pilots, or even maybe the new "Bridge-a-Stones" as Rossi calls them. I'm on a budget, so I'm looking to spend comparable to the M3's.

Opinions?

thanks!

Foolds
Sat Oct 16th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Hit Up Scer he was doing some nice deals on Q2's

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sat Oct 16th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Hit Up Scer he was doing some nice deals on Q2's
Thanks! I been talkin' to Scer about some take-offs.

Nick_Ninja
Sat Oct 16th, 2010, 01:59 PM
TFOG

GreenGobblin
Sat Oct 16th, 2010, 08:21 PM
^^ 2nd that ---TGOG FTW!

Bueller
Sat Oct 16th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Q2's FTW

Mother Goose
Sun Oct 17th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Q2s!!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the hookup on the take-offs Scer mah brotha!

Ricky
Tue Oct 26th, 2010, 08:37 AM
I've been using the M3 for awhile now and I like it. I think I am going to try out the M5 for my next set.

Scer
Tue Oct 26th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the hookup on the take-offs Scer mah brotha!

No worries man! Good to chat with you for a while too maing!

Play on playa

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Oct 26th, 2010, 09:31 AM
I've been using the M3 for awhile now and I like it. I think I am going to try out the M5 for my next set.
I thought the M1's were a little stickier, particularly the rear. I felt a little more confident on them than the M3's, but it was a slight difference. However, I got about 6k on the front M1 and 3,500 on the Rear M1, and I'm getting about 6k on the front AND rear on the M3's, so even though they're a little more $$, that's worth it to me.

At the time I shifted to the M1's at my first tire change on the '01 Gixxer 1000 in '03, they were the shiznit. Plus, after 17 years of good luck with Metzlers on the '86 Gixxer 1100, I just gravitated to them. I might try the new Pilots or even the Q2 after I use up the take-offs.....unless I get hooked on 'em! :)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Oct 26th, 2010, 09:35 AM
No worries man! Good to chat with you for a while too maing!

Play on playa
Good hangin' with ya too man. Next time, I'll bring some chaser for the vodka! Hope you got home in time for dinnah! Looking forward to meeting Erin. Anyone that can hang with you has GOT to be righteous!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Oct 26th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Ok, got my wheels on, all my bearings re-packed with grease, and my chain checked for tension, lubed and cleaned. Time to RIDE!!!!

If the weather permits, who's up for an "unemployment ride" tomorrow or next week?

Ghost
Tue Oct 26th, 2010, 10:24 PM
If the weather permits, who's up for an "unemployment ride" tomorrow or next week?

Is unemployment a requirement? If so, I actually qualify...yay...sorta...

Depending on when/where and weather, I could be up for it. Post it up if you're heading out.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Oct 26th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Is unemployment a requirement? If so, I actually qualify...yay...sorta...

Depending on when/where and weather, I could be up for it. Post it up if you're heading out.
Sortarican and I discussed it by phone today. It's an "unemployed only" ride. However, the employed can come along......if they buy the beer! :)

Ghost
Tue Oct 26th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Sortarican and I discussed it by phone today. It's an "unemployed only" ride. However, the employed can come along......if they buy the beer! :)

Sweet. Sadly this could be the only 'perk' of being jobless. ;)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Oct 27th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Sweet. Sadly this could be the only 'perk' of being jobless. ;)
Now to round up a few suckers that still have jobs...... :)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Oct 29th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Well, tried out the race take-offs (for the first time) today. Took my time, warmed 'em up, and I didn't have any issues at all. They never felt like they were cold or not going to grip. I was probably being too paranoid, but better safe... than sorry. It's going to take a little while to get used to the much quicker turn-in than the rounder profile street Metzlers. I found I was turning in TOO hard. Other than that, I scrubbed 'em in pretty good, got all the clag of the sides, and no problems. Up Coal Creek, Peak to Peak to 7, down to Lyons, back up 7 to P2P, across to Estes, turned around, and back down 7 again (hey, I LIKE 7 and the roads was in great shape with little traffic and no cops!), then 36 to Boulder. Great ride, awesome weather!

Again, thanks for the hook-up Scer!

brennahm
Sat Oct 30th, 2010, 12:27 AM
I had no issue riding Power Race take-offs, but you DEFINITELY need to be careful, especially with the time of year. I had a couple unintentional 360's in morning cold before I learned to be EXTRA careful the first couple minutes.