PDA

View Full Version : ABATE Classes worth it!

D_Sp8s
Sat Oct 16th, 2010, 05:39 PM
I just got back from taking the Experienced Riders Course at the Red Rocks Community College with two instructors, both named Kevin. They spent all day helping us learn about safe motorcycling. Yes, some of it was repetitive since I have taken the Basic Riders Course and read about motorcycling. The Kevins were very helpful giving us all one on one instruction and tips. They made the whole day a blast as well. I would definitely recommend taking this or any other ABATE course appropriate for your skill level. Also, a thank you goes out to the Kevin who helped me push my new SV650S up and down the hills to try to jump start it after the class when I left the lights on. I plan on taking the Advanced Riders Course next spring/summer after I get some more seat time.

THoward
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 10:58 AM
I will forward your comments to both Kevins. Thank you for the feedback and I am glad you enjoyed the class!!

Sarge
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 11:10 AM
I want to take it! :( Does ABATE do anything Military specific, like MSF does? I'd still pay for it regardless, but I'm going to take every class the Military will pay for, and let me skip work for! :cool:

Devaclis
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 11:37 AM
I really liked the experienced rider course. We got a lot of good info out of it and broke some pretty basic, but detrimental habits.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 12:13 PM
ANY professional help is good.

THoward
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Yea we run the ARC-ST in Colorado Springs. I believe the cost is $105. Here is the link:
http://abate.si2.com/ABATE/TRS.nsf/Locations-ARC-ST?OpenForm

KFinn
Thu Jan 13th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Also, a thank you goes out to the Kevin who helped me push my new SV650S up and down the hills to try to jump start it after the class when I left the lights on. I plan on taking the Advanced Riders Course next spring/summer after I get some more seat time.
You're welcome. Sorry we couldn't keep the beast running once we got her going.... any of the umpteen times. :)