View Full Version : New road cleanup info:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Edit: 2010-10-21 at 10:20AM MST

What: Hwy 36 going from Lyons to Estes.
Mile Marker 15-16 AND Mile marker 16-18

Where: Meet in Lyons at the Oskar Blues parking lot

When: 2010-10-30 (Saturday) at 10AM

I figure we can do this in a day. If people have reservations about doing 3 miles, I'll wait until tomorrow before I e-mail Gina and specify what we're doing. I picked 10AM as it's getting kinda cold in the mornings, and it'll have warmed up somewhat by then, plus, it'll give people time to get up here if they're Durty Southies.

Make sure to bring plenty of water etc. Anyone have a pickup to disperse the people etc.? Ralph said he's got some banners etc., so thanks for that!
I'll be changing my ID phone# to a local#, so I'll PM people that when I get it. The emergency# if you find any Meth or other toxic waste is: (303) 239-4501. I got it in my phone.

I'll have the authorities leave the bags etc. for us.

Questions? Comments? Opinions?

Thanks, we RAWK!

=================================
Hi Frank,
I have 4 sections available for cleanup as well as adoption.
Hwy 36 going from Lyons to Estes.
Mile Marker 15-16 or Mile marker 16-18.

Also on Hwy 36 between Lyons and Boulder.
Mile Marker 27 to 29 or Mile Marker 29 to 31.50.

Let me know which section you would be interested in so I can send the bags and vests to the nearest Patrol shed for pickup.
Please make sure all volunteers watch the safety and Meth recognition video.

Thank you,

Gina Bussell
Region 4 Greeley
Administrative Assistant II
Adopt A Highway Coordinator
970-350-2100

==================================

Alll-rrrighty. I'd vote for 36 from Lyons to Estes, maybe we could do both mile markers?

Discuss!

Zach929rr
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Meth recognition video.

http://media.fukung.net/images/3146/Bush%20Nigga%20What.jpg

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Meth recognition video.

http://www.faithfreedom.org/obama-arrogant-sneer.jpg

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 02:25 PM
See the other thread, there's a link. It's actually scary as hell. A by-product of Meth production is this deadly, nasty, explosive, acidic gas that the Meth-heads vent into a container full of kitty-litter. they typically call it a "death bag", apropriately enough. I'm going to insist people watch the video for their own safety. The LAST thing I want is any of our volunteers getting permantly hurt, or even killed because of this, or getting hit. Safety first.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 02:32 PM
I used to work on a state park back in MN years ago before Meth was well known and you could still buy Sudafed by the shopping cart. One day we found a Walmart bag in the street full of empty pill containers. The rangers took that pretty seriously.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 02:35 PM
I used to work on a state park back in MN years ago before Meth was well known and you could still buy Sudafed by the shopping cart. One day we found a Walmart bag in the street full of empty pill containers. The rangers took that pretty seriously.
....as they should. Meth sucks.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 02:46 PM
This just in:
=================================================
Hwy 7 is completely adopted by other groups. Those 4 sections I listed are the only available areas to clean up.

Thank you,
Gina

asp_125
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 03:02 PM
36 between Lyons and Estes gets more traffic anyway, so if it's a PR thing we would get more eyes on it. I caution too much signage near our volunteers.. you know how target fixated or distracted cagers can get.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 03:21 PM
36 between Lyons and Estes gets more traffic anyway, so if it's a PR thing we would get more eyes on it. I caution too much signage near our volunteers.. you know how target fixated or distracted cagers can get.
True,.....I (and others) just like 7 better! :) I think signs at the very top and very bottom would be great and away from us.

GuitarX
Mon Oct 18th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Uh...isn't this what convicts and juvenile delinquents are for?

:boom:

...just kidding so don't get all crazy. ;-)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Oct 20th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Uh...isn't this what convicts and juvenile delinquents are for?

:boom:

...just kidding so don't get all crazy. ;-)
What do you think the CSC is made of????:D

Ralph has a banner or 2, and thinks he'll be able to help too. WE RAWK! I'll be trying to finalize things soon. Let's start a list on who's in:
1. ME (Frank)

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Oct 20th, 2010, 10:27 PM
in for 'when'?

chad23
Thu Oct 21st, 2010, 07:55 AM
i would be down to help. give me more details

salsashark
Thu Oct 21st, 2010, 08:08 AM
I'm down to help... keep us posted...

sprtbkbabe
Thu Oct 21st, 2010, 08:18 AM
Im down to help. If I find any valuable cannabis, crack vials... Im not sharing tho (we will be near the peoples republic of Boulder after all). Those who find meth can keep theirs. That shits REALLY bad. :)

mtnairlover
Thu Oct 21st, 2010, 09:24 AM
Count me in Frank. Hoping nothing comes up with my kiddos...can you please let us know the details?

Day?
Time to meet?
Where to meet?

Thanks a bunch for working on this.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Oct 21st, 2010, 10:09 AM
Top post edited and will always contain latest info.

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Oct 21st, 2010, 10:27 AM
so I'm still confused. I see a list of roads - which doesn't matter much to me.

being 'in' will depend on 'when'. Most advance notice will be crucial to getting maximum participation, along with plans for lunch and a beer afterword.

So I'm in, tentative on when. Tell the DOT to upload the meth video to youtube - I've been thinking about a new career and that will make it easiest for everyone to watch.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Oct 21st, 2010, 11:34 AM
so I'm still confused. I see a list of roads - which doesn't matter much to me.

being 'in' will depend on 'when'. Most advance notice will be crucial to getting maximum participation, along with plans for lunch and a beer afterword.

So I'm in, tentative on when. Tell the DOT to upload the meth video to youtube - I've been thinking about a new career and that will make it easiest for everyone to watch.
From the first post:
"What: Hwy 36 going from Lyons to Estes.
Mile Marker 15-16 AND Mile marker 16-18

Where: Meet in Lyons at the Oskar Blues parking lot

When: 2010-10-30 (Saturday) at 10AM"

As far as lunch plans, let's discuss. I'd suggest going back to Oskar Blues at 1PM.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 10:29 AM
So, who's in?

Cap'n Crunch
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 11:33 AM
I can pitch in. Oskar Blues for lunch sound good!

salsashark
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 11:36 AM
I suck...

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 11:52 AM
Cool, keep it coming guys!

salsashark
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 10:37 AM
double booked myself on Saturday morning... I'm in for another time but this Saturday won't work for me. sorry man.

Foolds
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Working =( Maybe next time.. But good on you all!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Well, it looks like Me, Cap'n, and Ralph so far. Anyone else wanna spread the CSC love?

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 09:13 PM
I'm = maybe

50% in

and anti-committal

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Oct 27th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Road cleanup cancelled:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=527000#post527000 (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=527000#post527000)

Thanks for your interest. Maybe come next spring we can get people interested.

Frank