PDA

View Full Version : Moto GP

Wahooman
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 02:12 PM
If you didn't get to watch the race or at least the last few laps you missed out. I won't spoil anything for everyone, but HOLY CRAP was that sweet!! I was standing up for the last 2 laps. :o
Gotta watch the interviews now.....post race.

~Barn~
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Not a spoiler for now. :lol:

Kick Ass Race!!

S2RGRL
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 02:20 PM
That was freakin' AWESOME :D

rybo
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 02:26 PM
AWESOME...still not going to spoil it, except to say that I was standing up and screaming at the TV for the last lap....Amazing

Wahooman
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 02:33 PM
:imwithstupid: EXACTLY!

Rick T.
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 02:35 PM
INCREDIBLE! Absolutely one of THE best battles I have EVER seen...

This is gonna be one heck of another year for MotoGP!!!!! Laguna Seca... WooHoo... here we come!!

green_zx7r
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Good racing. Hope to see more of the exciting battles in all of the races!

Lel
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 03:16 PM
awesome! that was so cool

lel

Gramps
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 03:34 PM
you think that last turn was a clean maneuver?

looked a little lucky to me

but definetly a good race :up:

FZRguy
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 03:40 PM
The last lap kicked ass! Too bad about you know who. The 250 race is at 4 pm.

~Barn~
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 03:55 PM
ADMIN EDIT: Warning - spoiler starts... NOW!

I didn't find anything *too* bad about that last pass. Obviously I'm a non-racer looking in. But at first glance, it looked like Sete leaned in on him, rather than Rossi leaning out.

I guess I'd have to watch the tape and take another look. S.G. didn't appear too bummed about it, in the interview. :dunno:

Big-J
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Screw you speed channel having mofo's!! :321: :cry:
Did anyone record it?? Even though I know who won, I still wanna watch it!! :? ...... :cry: Fuckin Snow!!....I never thought I would say that! :(

King Nothing
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 04:13 PM
I had to get the ladder out, set it up on the front portch climb onto the roof walk up the roof and back down the other side to the dish brush it off (with about 14 inches of snow) to watch the race. It was well worth the work!

Lel
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 04:13 PM
ill tape it when its on tuesday.

As for the pass, it was a tight pass rossi did run wide, but I think he wouldnt have run as wide as he did if they didnt contact as hard as they did... I think they are going to just be going at it all season.

Keep in mind rossi was on his B bike after a crash this morning.

lel

green_zx7r
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 04:34 PM
I taped it if any one wants a copy. Let me know.

Gramps
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 04:36 PM
what happened to nicky haden?

missed that part :D

ebazyl
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Crashed out of a comfortable third. Looks like his luck was not the best as of late, but it would be cool to see a US rider kick-some ass.

...equaly good to see a Yami win. :D

PharmerKyle
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Are we still in "not a spoiler" mode?

That was really cool when the guy who was in first place won and the guy that he had contact with still managed 2nd. Won't say more about the guy that didn't finish 3rd except for the fact that it sucked to be him. The guy that ended up in 3rd instead of him was sure worthy, though.

~Barn~
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 05:24 PM
:lol:

The Black Knight
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 05:25 PM
from what I saw it looked like Rossi was holding a very tight line coming in. Gibernau in my opinion cut him off in the corner. Both were wanting the same line. I think Rossi had the line first, Sete realized it knew Rossi was coming in hot and tried to close the door. I'm just glad it didn't rattle Rossi much and sent Gibernau off in the gravel HAHA!! Anyways amazing race as usual, with those two its always up to the last few laps of the race to see who wins. I did like how Rossi stalked Gibernau the whole race making Sete pull him around the track..

~Barn~
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Rossi stalks everybody. :lol:

And I can't say I was glad to see Sete get sent out into the gravel, but I'm glad he didn't lose a position.

CBRChick
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Definitely an awesome race :up: I was yelling at the tv for the last couple laps!

Anonymous
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Friggen WICKED finish to that race!! :up:

Jenny
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Very, very, VERY interesting start to the 2005 season. I can't wait until next week! :D

Big-J
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Are we still in "not a spoiler" mode?

That was really cool when the guy who was in first place won and the guy that he had contact with still managed 2nd. Won't say more about the guy that didn't finish 3rd except for the fact that it sucked to be him. The guy that ended up in 3rd instead of him was sure worthy, though.

:lol:
Not bad finish for your first ever MotoGP race! Sucks to be the other guy they call Hayden though!

FZRguy
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Shame about Hayden. He had third wrapped up when he low-sided late in the race. Did anyone notice if he finished in the points?

edit: Looks like he DNF (same for Roberts). Edwards was 9th, Hopkins 14th.

Lel
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 08:04 PM
damn I wish hopkins didnt have the flu, he could have been up there! Hayden is still young and I was really impressed how far up he was, but it didnt suprise me when he went down. I think hes talked up too much and still has a bit to learn in the series, I have no doubt hes going to be awesome.... if he doesnt snap first. I am just going to continue to keep my eye on the 'gp kid'... hopkins will be up there... look at him in the test 2 weeks ago.

Wahooman
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 08:20 PM
So much for non spoiler........ :lol: I have it tivo'ed. Hayden was fine too....no injuries as far as I know.

Ripper
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 10:14 PM
I taped it if any one wants a copy. Let me know.

:alien: I Did, let me know if ya need it

cu360r6
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 10:32 PM
What happened to the US riders? Colin and John both got spanked. I was expecting more from those two.

Nick_Ninja
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 11:55 PM
I WILL scroll past all the pervious posts ------ I REALLY like the elbow into the pea-gravel at the apex then the lean to the WIN ----- THE DOC ROCKS :rock:

BlueDevil
Mon Apr 11th, 2005, 07:29 AM
The best race I have ever seen. Back and forth...I couldnt stop jumping up and down.

Interviews at the end were interesting too. IT was the first time I had a sour oppinion of Rossi.

DarkKnight
Mon Apr 11th, 2005, 08:44 AM
Not as clean a move as maybe it should have been but the tactics were sound. There was no elbowing at all - SG cut it from th eoutside hoping VR would yeild and did nothing but ruin his line. I think it was a great effort by both riders. It was a gamble that could have taken them both out but worked in Rossis's favor. There should be no hard feelings from SG.

Bryce
Mon Apr 11th, 2005, 09:13 AM
best race ever nah... but it was close the best was Edwards and Bayliss at Imola in 03 I belive

Bryce

mra828
Mon Apr 11th, 2005, 10:52 AM
I agree with Bryce on Bayliss/Edwards @ Imola ('02 though).

Was anyone else surprised with the last turn move? That's been replaying itself since mid last year... this one was just a bit more blatent. Sete's beat before he leaves the start at every race.

Sete needs to T-Bone Rossi :321: Kurtis Roberts style - even if it puts both of them in the gravel - to let Rossi know that he can't keep getting away with those moves.

It wouldn't hurt for Sete to protect the inside on the last turn either... :roll:

geoff

cu360r6
Mon Apr 11th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Imola was incredible when thsoe two were lapping .5sec under qualifying consistantly.

Here's the race if you haven't seen it: http://www2.motogp.com/ppv_multimedia2/337/337512_77560.wmv

Big-J
Mon Apr 11th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Imola was incredible when thsoe two were lapping .5sec under qualifying consistantly.

Here's the race if you haven't seen it: http://www2.motogp.com/ppv_multimedia2/337/337512_77560.wmv

Thanks!! :up:

Anonymous
Mon Apr 11th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Well, Tania almost lost her voice from yelling during the last lap! :lol:

I taped the race and watched the last pass over a few times... IMHO, Sete had the race-line through that turn (ie: the fastest line through the turn, but not always the ideal line in a race situation). Rossi charged up the inside and apexed early (on the first part of the turn - making it into a double-apex turn, instead of a long, single- & late-apex turn like Sete was lining up for) which put him on a collision course with Sete. If you look at how wide Rossi ran before making the second apex (as Sete was running into the gravel), there was barely enough room for Sete on the track. Although it probably wasn't intentional, IMHO, this makes the safety of the pass questionable. Sete decided early-on (in that mishap) to stand it up & head for the gravel. Props to him for keeping it upright & still taking 2nd place. :up:

Not the cleanest of passes IMHO, in fact I was a little embarassed by Rossi, :oops: but Sete wasn't watching the inside line, so, that's racing, I guess. :D

Nicky who? Oh, Nicky "I-can't-quite-keep-up-with-the-leaders-and-I've-got-third-in-the-bag-but-I'm-going-to-push-it-and-risk-crashing" Hayden! :roll: :| I was so happy for him during the beginning of the race, and even commented to Tania that 3rd place is a heck of a lot better than crashing out. I really do want to see him do well. :(

~Barn~
Mon Apr 11th, 2005, 03:48 PM
You said it best... Sete wasn't watching the inside line.

It makes sense though. This is MotoGP. "Race situation" is always going do beat "racing line", I'm thinkin'. :lol:

Feathered upstart!
Mon Apr 11th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Sete is a bitch and he got owned :P

ebazyl
Mon Apr 11th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Now Sete's team is claiming that he got hurt in the incident:

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=22450

...Can't imagine the contact being worse then a low side...

Anonymous
Mon Apr 11th, 2005, 05:07 PM
I was under the impression that he already had a problem with his shoulder. I can believe that the contact may have made it worse.

Feathered upstart!
Mon Apr 11th, 2005, 05:12 PM
We shall call him Biaggi Jr

Anonymous
Mon Apr 11th, 2005, 05:13 PM
:pointlaugh: I was thinking it, but I didn't want to say it! :lol:

ebazyl
Mon Apr 11th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Speaking of Biaggi? :slap:

I think he needs some CPR because he choked big time.

Lurch
Tue Apr 12th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Found this on the WERA board. This could be why Sete's shoulder hurts.

Lurch

Anonymous
Tue Apr 12th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Ya think? :shock:

Nice find! 8)

Anonymous
Tue Apr 12th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Just found a slightly larger version of the same photo on the MotoGp website: http://www.motogp.com/en/motogp/popup_800/popup_800_131336.htm

Nick_Ninja
Tue Apr 12th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Not as clean a move as maybe it should have been but the tactics were sound. There was no elbowing at all - SG cut it from th eoutside hoping VR would yeild and did nothing but ruin his line. I think it was a great effort by both riders. It was a gamble that could have taken them both out but worked in Rossis's favor. There should be no hard feelings from SG.

Oh alright --- my bad :(

Maybe a bar-end to the deltoid :D

DarkKnight
Wed Apr 13th, 2005, 10:16 AM

Oh alright --- my bad :(

Maybe a bar-end to the deltoid :D

I can't argue with that. Just a charlie horse - shake it off.