PDA

View Full Version : New(to me) Truck

CoRR
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 09:20 PM
Well I got rid of my old 98 Cummins Dodge. It was a great truck but all the little things started to act up.
Today the wife forced me to go to Wally World. (hate the place go about twice a year if forced) On the way out I swung by the dealership and picked up a new(to me) Dodge 1 ton.
This thing has it all! Heated leather. DVD CD MP3 . Power EVERYTHING
I didnt get done till late but here is a sneak peek
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Utah223/CarsTrucks/DSC01730.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Utah223/CarsTrucks/DSC01733.jpg

I know it's big but I live in my mobile office. Driving about 50K a year.
I'll post better pics (daytime) later.
Sorry just had to brag a little.
James

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 09:24 PM
Cool. Enjoy it. Please tell me though that it isn't one of those obnoxious redneck belching giant black clouds of noxious toxic smoke trucks. Please..... ;)

CoRR
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 10:11 PM
Brother man i have to say HELL NO! LOL I dont like those trucks either. I will be taking it to BANKS next summer for the full treatment but only cause I tow 20k plus in the mountains and need the extra power and fuel economy.

I like'em quiet. Just like the 900RR I removed the voodoo exhaust and replaced with a stock one. (crazy I know)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 10:37 PM
Brother man i have to say HELL NO! LOL I dont like those trucks either. I will be taking it to BANKS next summer for the full treatment but only cause I tow 20k plus in the mountains and need the extra power and fuel economy.

I like'em quiet. Just like the 900RR I removed the voodoo exhaust and replaced with a stock one. (crazy I know)
From all I've read for many years, Banks is the shit. Good on ya mate! The diesel noise of the rednecks isn't so bad as those disgusting clouds they seem to LOVE to leave behind. Like they think it's funny to give everyone in their wake lung cancer from the particulates. Assholes.

Best of luck with it!

(( LO LO ))
Fri Oct 22nd, 2010, 10:59 PM
Nice truck! You won't have any problems with wildlife that jumps out in front of you while your driving! That bumper is stout! LOL

Wrider
Sat Oct 23rd, 2010, 03:32 AM
Very nice! I learned how to drive on a Dodge Cummins 1 ton!

CoRR
Sat Oct 23rd, 2010, 08:23 AM
Now the fun will begin , I have to move from one truck to the other.
Fuel tank , Tool , Paperwork , And all the misc CRAP I keep in my truck.
So much for a day off.

The Black Knight
Sat Oct 23rd, 2010, 09:24 AM
Very nice rig, can't go wrong with a Cummins. What year is it?? Looks like it's the 03-05 model. If it's an 03-(Early)04 it will have no cat and you can really build power easy out of those. The 04.5 to 05's started coming with cat's. And if it's an 05 I think that's when the started putting the 325/610 motor's in them(although I'm not too sure, my experience has been with the newer 3rd Gen's and now the 6.7 Cummins). Either way, excellent rig :up:

Cool. Enjoy it. Please tell me though that it isn't one of those obnoxious redneck belching giant black clouds of noxious toxic smoke trucks. Please..... ;)
That used to be me Frank, when I had my 07 2500. And my truck couldn't roll the coal like some guys that have serious work done to their motors. I did a few things to mine and really noticed the smoke when I hit it with a programmer.

And I'm guilty of it, I used to dust people with the black cloud every now and then. Not intentionally but it happened. I'll have to say, rolling coal is probably one of the coolest things HAHA :)

CoRR
Sat Oct 23rd, 2010, 04:48 PM
04 Laramie. Has every option lol. Heated leather. DVD CD MP3 Sirrius navigation Infinity Sound package.
Power Seats,Windows,Adjustable Pedals. 115v converter (to run my laptop)
5.9 cummins 6 speed.
34 gal tank with a 36 tapped in ,in the rear. (I dont pay for any fuel EVER)
Full tint in rear and sides. Windshield is 1/3 tinted (top down)

It should make a nice work truck. It does not like the drive through or small parking spots!!!
James