PDA

View Full Version : Broc Lesnar After Fight Pic (121 UFC Spoiler)

bulldog
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Size don't matter. Props out to Cain for proving this....good fights.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/6434/brocklesnarface.png

What did everyone think? Comments....

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Man he looks BAD!!! Hes gunna be hurting for a few days becuase of that. I didn't get to see the fight though :(

bulldog
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Props to local UFC star Brendan Schaub for his win over Gonzaga!!!!

And to my home town fighter Diego Sanchez; went back to his roots and won fight of the night.

Cain won knockout of the night!

Sarge
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 11:40 AM
He took a beatin', that's for damn sure.

Snacks
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 11:49 AM
CAIN CAIN CAIN CAIN!!!!! Dude's incredible! It was nice to see Schaub, out of Aurora, take out Gonzaga. And bye, bye Tito! After losing 4 in a row in four years, I don't think we'll see him again.

~Barn~
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 12:08 PM
In my opinion, the point that was proven in this fight, isn't so much that that size doesn't matter, it’s just that superior technique and experience matters far much more.

I’ve had a bit of a change of heart with ol’ Brock Lesnar, in that I used to really dislike him, but I’ve come to the understanding that he’s finally humbled himself, and that he truly is, just a beginner in the sport of MMA. That said, his success in the HW division has very much been due to his pure size, strength, and incredible athleticism that he combines with it. There really is nobody else like him in MMA, and even though he lost, he's still absolutely a top 5 heavyweight in the world.

I’m anxious to see his next fight against (possibly) the winner of Roy Nelson and Shane Carwin [a rematch]. If the UFC really wanted to test an up-and-comer, they could throw Brendan Schaub at him, but I think that fight is a bit premature. Who knows… maybe the UFC could finally sign a fight with the great Fedor since his recent upset, and setup a Brock/Fedor throwdown. How cool would that be?!

Anyway…. What Cain brought to this fight was equal parts tenacity, confidence, endurance and most importantly, a far bigger arsenal of fighting tools and abilities; and he used them all perfectly. To dictate where the fight took place, which of his and Brock’s skills & attributes were put to the test, and ultimately, to put himself in the most advantageous position to win. Not everybody who gives up a 25/30/35 pound weight disadvantage to a fellow human, can do those things to a freak of an athlete like Brock Lesnar is.

So does size matter in MMA? I say unequivocally yes.

Is it the most important thing? No.

Tylar
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 01:05 PM
The only reason I wanted Lesnar to win was so that Carwin could fight him for the belt again.

bulldog
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 01:56 PM
In my opinion, the point that was proven in this fight, isn't so much that that size doesn't matter, it’s just that superior technique and experience matters far much more.
Reminds me of the old days when everyone doubted Hoyce Gracie when he came into UFC as one of the smallest opponents and dominated for years.

I’ve had a bit of a change of heart with ol’ Brock Lesnar, in that I used to really dislike him, but I’ve come to the understanding that he’s finally humbled himself, and that he truly is, just a beginner in the sport of MMA. That said, his success in the HW division has very much been due to his pure size, strength, and incredible athleticism that he combines with it. There really is nobody else like him in MMA, and even though he lost, he's still absolutely a top 5 heavyweight in the world.

I agree and I think Broc is gaining more fans with his new attitude. I guess his brush with death, Dana White's talks, and appreciation of the sport has really humbled him. As he gets more experience who knows how he will progress and come back for the belt one day with a new arsenal of weapons.

maybe the UFC could finally sign a fight with the great Fedor since his recent upset, and setup a Brock/Fedor throwdown. How cool would that be?!

Anyway…. What Cain brought to this fight was equal parts tenacity, confidence, endurance and most importantly, a far bigger arsenal of fighting tools and abilities; and he used them all perfectly. To dictate where the fight took place, which of his and Brock’s skills & attributes were put to the test, and ultimately, to put himself in the most advantageous position to win. Not everybody who gives up a 25/30/35 pound weight disadvantage to a fellow human, can do those things to a freak of an athlete like Brock Lesnar is.

I bet a Broc vs Fedor fight would bring in one of the highest ratings ever on a UFC fight. We can dream and hope for it.

I think a major part of Cain winning was his ability to pick and choose his shots much better than Shane did and his ability to immediatly get back up from Broc's takedown. Shane was winning the fight until he gassed out and just threw a lot of shots that didn't connect. Cain was able to do the same, but made his shots count.

The only reason I wanted Lesnar to win was so that Carwin could fight him for the belt again. I am sure it will still happen one day. If Shane wins his next fight against Roy and wants a title shot again he will have to go through Broc.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 02:19 PM
anyone know where i can find the sanchez and schaub fights online? I was able to watch the Lessnar Fight via entensity.net

UglyDogRacing
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 02:28 PM
anyone know where i can find the sanchez and schaub fights online? I was able to watch the Lessnar Fight via entensity.net

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=events#!/video/video.php?v=127508610637208

~Barn~
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Yo Doctor.... I have the entire card, if you want a DVD made.

I bet a Broc vs Lesnar fight would bring in one of the highest ratings ever on a UFC fight. We can dream and hope for it.

I think you meant to write Brock vs. Fedor. :up:

bulldog
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 02:41 PM

I think you meant to write Brock vs. Fedor. :up: ops..yeah :lol:

Mother Goose
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 02:57 PM
I'll take one if you got it. I've been waiting for it to get on torrent.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 03:32 PM

Sounds like Broc was his own worst enemy, so maybe he meant it the first time!

P.S. Psshaw, that'll buff right out.... :)

~Barn~
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 03:50 PM
I'll take one if you got it. I've been waiting for it to get on torrent.

That's actually where I got it from. If you still want one though...

bulldog
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 03:53 PM
That's actually where I got it from. If you still want one though... Only like the biggest torrent yesterday Wicky :slap:

Mother Goose
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 04:26 PM
That's actually where I got it from. If you still want one though...
Which site? I'll just download it tonight.

Only like the biggest torrent yesterday Wicky :slap:
Apparently not on btjunkie. :lol: I looked last night and it wasn't up.

Captain Obvious
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 04:44 PM

Agreed. Matters to a point. Look at Butterbean.

Lesnar would handle Big Country, I don't think that fight would be fun to watch. That said, Roy usually manages to surprise....

Schaub needs to become more exp before fighting Lesnar IMHO, that doesn't make a good fight.

Fedor closer to his prime is a much more interesting fight.

~Barn~
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 04:54 PM
I'm with you... I think Lesnar would/will be able to handle Roy as well. I do however, get this sneaky suspicion that Nelson is going to get-over on Shane, in their UFC 125 matchup.

Why do you think Fedor is past his prime? He's only lost one fight in the past forever, and it's not like he got beat down in that one. He just got caught up in Werdum's world, and didn't respect the jitz. :dunno:

csmith
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Anyone see the Undertaker interview after the fight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjHtxPew5Os&feature=topvideos

~Barn~
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Which site? I'll just download it tonight.

Did you end up finding it? I got it from TPB.

Sleev
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 08:27 PM
ugh, totally missed this fight

Mother Goose
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Did you end up finding it? I got it from TPB.

Just finished it. Got it off pirate bay. Thanks. :up:

BTW, why is it ok for someone to have brown pride tattoo'd on his chest, but if someone has white pride, everyone would be pissed? :think:

Captain Obvious
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Why do you think Fedor is past his prime? He's only lost one fight in the past forever, and it's not like he got beat down in that one. He just got caught up in Werdum's world, and didn't respect the jitz. :dunno:

Don't get me wrong, he can still fight. But I don't know, just doesn't seem as sharp as he used to be, when watching some of his old fights. 10 years, 32 fights worth of beatings by heavyweights, long career.

Gotta wear on ya, look at Don Frye after Ken Shamrock.

~Barn~
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Yeah, it has been a long ride. I guess I'd still like to see what he has left. I mean he seems to have always gotten away on talent, but just had hope he'd really get to test himself against the cream of the UFC before he got exposed too many times.

Anyway... maybe a dream, but it sure would be nice to see an invigorated Fedor, fighting in the Octagon. M1 Global just has nothing for him at the moment, and it sucks.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue Oct 26th, 2010, 08:47 AM
that was a kind of a cool interview from the undertaker. wonder what the story is on their past?

eklew
Tue Oct 26th, 2010, 10:58 AM

Yo Barn, I would like a DVD if possible, thanks!

bulldog
Tue Oct 26th, 2010, 11:06 AM
I have it too, if anyone needs it...

~Barn~
Tue Oct 26th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Yo Barn, I would like a DVD if possible, thanks!

You can pick it up tonight if you want to. Just gimme a ring.