PDA

View Full Version : The hits keep coming

200sr20
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Yet again I find myself unemployed. It would appear the to work world hates me still. I think I may go be a professional bum, I hear it's good money.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Awww man, that sucks man, sorry to hear it. I been doing the unemployment thing for the last month myself (though I haven't gotten a dime from 'em yet, dammit). Like I suggested, we should have an unemployment ride, open only to those of us street bums!

200sr20
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Awww man, that sucks man, sorry to hear it. I been doing the unemployment thing for the last month myself (though I haven't gotten a dime from 'em yet, dammit). Like I suggested, we should have an unemployment ride, open only to those of us street bums!

Sounds good to me, I have plenty of time to go riding at the moment...

~Barn~
Mon Oct 25th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Damn Mike... Sorry to hear that. I'm always happy to be a reference.

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Tue Oct 26th, 2010, 01:57 AM
I don't know whats worse. Walking into work and getting laid off without any notice or knowing you will be unemployed in three months. Everyday I get closer to leaving Iraq is a day closer til I am out of a job again. Oh and I was unemployed for almost a year before I came here. So I feel your pain guys.

Sarge
Tue Oct 26th, 2010, 06:25 AM
They just convinced me to add another 18 months to my contract. :|

It does pay the bills though.

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Tue Oct 26th, 2010, 06:40 AM
They just convinced me to add another 18 months to my contract. :|

It does pay the bills though.

I am sure it was tough for them to do it. Especially when you look at the economy and realize there are NO jobs available.

Sarge
Tue Oct 26th, 2010, 06:49 AM
My wife just got a job at a bank. Salary, benefits, insurance, etc. I'm hoping she gets promoted fast enough that I can take some time off and let her pay the bills for a minute. ;)

It was her first job ever, no experience. Sooo glad when she picked it up.

On a side note though, full time daycare is expensive.

Sean
Tue Oct 26th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Bummer Mike. How do you go through so many jobs? I'll keep my eye out for sure.

Sarge
Tue Oct 26th, 2010, 07:29 AM
In all seriousness, I've heard some of those "full time bums" can make upwards of several hundred dollars a day in the right areas.

At the very least there might be free beer involved...

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Oct 26th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Honestly, with the way the American dream has been shattered by corporate executive greed, where working hard for a company for a long time doesn't even give you a good chance of retiring from there, only getting canned when they think they can save a $, I wish I would have picked something in the medical field, or military. I'm so tired of finding work. When I became unemployed the time before this, I tried to get into the Air Force. I figured with all my design experience, especially the 14+ years spent working for the defense and NASA, they'd love me. But, unfortunately, I'm too old to enlist. Now, I wish I had done 20 years when I was younger and had a retirement to look forward to. Best of luck to all of us bums.....

TurboGizzmo
Tue Oct 26th, 2010, 12:53 PM
We keep hiring and it weird how little the pool is for qualified people, they either want Doctor wages or when we get them in here they arent as qualified as they implied.....