PDA

View Full Version : BMW tablecloth trick by mythbusters

drago52
Thu Oct 28th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Here's the video to the good stuff. Definitely interesting to see how close they get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46IAUY6ux6M

Mother Goose
Thu Oct 28th, 2010, 01:19 PM
I see the problem, they're using a Buell. :D

"You're gonna need like, 1/4 mile to get up to that speed." :spit:

Bashed
Thu Oct 28th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Yea I saw the episode.
They need to Mythbust Hynemin's 3 claims about the Buell he was riding in those scenes.
1) it has 150 hp
2) it has a 9 sec 1/4 mile time
3) it will go 180mph

That should take all of 5 minutes of thier show to bust all of those.
I was laughing my ass off.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Oct 29th, 2010, 12:29 AM
You know Buell has jumped the shark when they're on mythbusters....

Sarge
Fri Oct 29th, 2010, 08:50 AM
If you watch the video closely, at the very end it shows the original BMW video, and if you watch really close, you can see everything on the table oscillate left and a right a little, in perfect unison. Like 4 plates and a vase kinda wiggle side to side, it's so obviously a fake, and the Mythbusters guessed exactly how they did it, they even glued the place settings to the damn plastic sheet over the tablecloth. I think it would have been more convincing if it moved at least a LITTLE.

I mean, even in the first test, the stuff at the far end of the table barely moved, but when you're sliding like 20+ feet of table cloth under something, its going to move, no matter how fast you pull it. When they Mythbusters "cheated" at the end, the place settings moved a least a little, which was much more convincing, especially since they didn't move perfectly in tune to 4 other place settings...

OUTLAWD
Fri Oct 29th, 2010, 08:58 AM
you can all shut your dirty mouths...my beemer is perfect!