PDA

View Full Version : Hate typing on those tiny phones???

= Buckeye Jess =
Mon Nov 1st, 2010, 01:00 PM
Holy cow, this looks TEDIOUS!!!

I imagine that it could work for newer generations that are just learning to type anyway...but who in the world wants to learn to type all over again? :cyber:

http://www.the8pen.com/

Ricky
Mon Nov 1st, 2010, 01:05 PM
That's a real departure from the norm.

~Barn~
Mon Nov 1st, 2010, 01:15 PM
Swype FTW.

[/thread]

asp_125
Mon Nov 1st, 2010, 01:33 PM
Swype FTW.

[/thread]

+1000

I don't even have to know how to spell words exactly.

8Pen reminds me of the stylus "writing" that the original Palms used.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Nov 1st, 2010, 01:35 PM
new = scary

it looks interesting to me and I'd be willing to give it a shot. Thanks for the link. I see how that could be faster and make fewer mistakes.

Keyser Soze
Mon Nov 1st, 2010, 01:45 PM
Just like switching phones, takes some getting used to. I think it looks pretty cool.

asp_125
Mon Nov 1st, 2010, 01:55 PM
I might give it a try when they release it for droid 2.2 since it's just an app.

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Nov 1st, 2010, 08:05 PM
If you try out a few words based on the second character-layout, it's actually very easy to write with. This might be the app that makes me move to Android.

DRKATO1
Mon Nov 1st, 2010, 08:40 PM
iPadG3 +text+email= never talking to anyone on a phone again.
Now if I could fit an iPad in my pocket I'd be set.

PoweredMotives
Mon Nov 1st, 2010, 08:49 PM
Swype FTMFW! Got a droid 2 today which has it preinstalled and its awesome!

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Nov 2nd, 2010, 01:34 AM
Swype FTMFW! Got a droid 2 today which has it preinstalled and its awesome!
Yup, I got the Drod 2 on Thu and I'm already texting like mad with swype...pretty cool stuff!

Nick_Ninja
Tue Nov 2nd, 2010, 07:48 AM
No

Keyser Soze
Tue Nov 2nd, 2010, 08:55 AM
Yup, I got the Drod 2 on Thu and I'm already texting like mad with swype...pretty cool stuff!

How do you like it? I picked up the Droid X last week. Think I'm gonna regret it.

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Nov 2nd, 2010, 09:04 AM
Oh really? Why do you think you'll regret it? I was teetering on the fence on X vs 2, but I ended up getting the 2 for free - so that took care of the decision for me! lol
I really am enjoying it and have found that I only used the physical keyboard the first day or two and then one time since then. I do miss some of the SU like capabilities that I had with my Blackberry, but the overall experience is vastly improved. I may end up rooting the phone in order to regain some of the control I'm used to with Berry, but we will see.

Keyser Soze
Tue Nov 2nd, 2010, 09:16 AM
Oh really? Why do you think you'll regret it? I was teetering on the fence on X vs 2, but I ended up getting the 2 for free - so that took care of the decision for me! lol
I really am enjoying it and have found that I only used the physical keyboard the first day or two and then one time since then. I do miss some of the SU like capabilities that I had with my Blackberry, but the overall experience is vastly improved. I may end up rooting the phone in order to regain some of the control I'm used to with Berry, but we will see.

I was with Tmobile for years. I upgraded to the HTC G2 and the hinge dealy felt cheap and I never used the physical keyboard. So I sent it back and switched to verizon. Got the X for 70 bucks and a healthy corporate discount. The X just seems very sluggish. More bloatware. Its got Froyo, but it just doesnt seem as fluid as the G2. Verizon's internet speeds are a lot slower than Tmobiles new HSPA "4g" too.

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Nov 2nd, 2010, 06:49 PM
I was with Tmobile for years. I upgraded to the HTC G2 and the hinge dealy felt cheap and I never used the physical keyboard. So I sent it back and switched to verizon. Got the X for 70 bucks and a healthy corporate discount. The X just seems very sluggish. More bloatware. Its got Froyo, but it just doesnt seem as fluid as the G2. Verizon's internet speeds are a lot slower than Tmobiles new HSPA "4g" too.
Ah... well it all comes down to personal preference and where you are coming from. I was on a Blackberry on AT&T and Verizon's D2 is kicking the pants off of it comparatively! lol

Keyser Soze
Wed Nov 3rd, 2010, 08:58 AM
Ah... well it all comes down to personal preference and where you are coming from. I was on a Blackberry on AT&T and Verizon's D2 is kicking the pants off of it comparatively! lol

Werd. For the price, I really shouldnt be complaining. We need a favorite app thread. I've only found a couple that I've actualy downloaded.

Ghost
Wed Nov 3rd, 2010, 12:24 PM
Switched to an HTC EVO 4G when they first came out, and I absolutely loathe the touchpad as my fat fingers mis-key more than they hit right, and the "prediction" sucks.

I may have to look into Swype or this...or go get something like the Samsung Epic with an actual keyboard...

bulldog
Wed Nov 3rd, 2010, 12:31 PM
I have the HTC Touch Pro 2 and the QWERTY keyboard is great and pretty big, so never have issues.

I challenge all swype users to a speed contest :lol:

Ghost
Wed Nov 3rd, 2010, 12:33 PM
I have the HTC Touch Pro 2 and the QWERTY keyboard is great and pretty big, so never have issues.

I challenge all swype users to a speed contest :lol:

You win. This is one race I won't even attempt. :p

PoweredMotives
Wed Nov 3rd, 2010, 05:09 PM
How do you like it? I picked up the Droid X last week. Think I'm gonna regret it.

10x better than the OG Droid. And I liked that one. Someone decided they wanted it more than I did so the new one was forced on me lol.
And for the Android phones "Advanced Task Killer" is an absolute must if you dont have it.

Keyser Soze
Wed Nov 3rd, 2010, 08:09 PM
10x better than the OG Droid. And I liked that one. Someone decided they wanted it more than I did so the new one was forced on me lol.
And for the Android phones "Advanced Task Killer" is an absolute must if you dont have it.

Yeah I have task killer. Tesla LED is a pretty cool flashlight app. Only other ones I've downloaded are Out Of Milk and Super Mario sounds :lol:

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Wed Nov 3rd, 2010, 08:17 PM
Damn, that swype thingy is slick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ-RAefCG_c

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Nov 10th, 2010, 12:59 PM
For anybody that was interested in this app, it has been updated with a lot of bug fixes and is now free!
http://www.androidcentral.com/8pen-keyboard-updated-now-free

dragos13
Wed Nov 10th, 2010, 01:07 PM
That looks pretty awesome!

So I'm stuck on the fence between the Droid 2 and the X.

I don't want a full keyboard so I don't need the 2. But the x is HUGE. I owned a RAZR for years just because of its size.

I know the X will soon have the software update to put it on the same level as the 2. What do you X users think about the size? I know it weighs a lil less then the 2 but is about an inch taller. Anyone carry one around in their pocket? Is it tolerable? Something you gotta get used to?

Swype definitely looks cool :)

Keyser Soze
Wed Nov 10th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Swype rocks. Its a pretty big phone, but its not like its impossible to carry. Fits into any pocket I have.

sloridr
Wed Nov 10th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Thanks Jess just downloaded it

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Nov 10th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Get yer butt home boi... haven't seen you in too long!

sloridr
Wed Nov 10th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Get yer butt home boi... haven't seen you in too long!

May not be home till after the new year. I might get a chance to take a boat to new York!!!

Xtremjeepn
Tue Nov 16th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Just downloaded and tried the 8pen. Takes a few minutes to get used to it but I can see where with a little practice this thing could rock.

On an HTC EVO FWIW.

Keyser Soze
Tue Nov 16th, 2010, 10:25 AM
I cant find it in the apps market...

Keyser Soze
Tue Nov 16th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Nevermind. Found it :lol: Different for sure