View Full Version : IMI 11/7

Bueller
Tue Nov 2nd, 2010, 06:28 PM
Gotta work Sat.

Changed date to Sunday the 7th and location to IMI

I will be there between 10-1100

brennahm
Tue Nov 2nd, 2010, 06:36 PM
I thought it closed on the first? Did they extend it?

Bueller
Tue Nov 2nd, 2010, 06:46 PM
No, the north end is closed, that is why the Sprucewood meetup. All the good riding is on the South end anyway.

brennahm
Tue Nov 2nd, 2010, 07:04 PM
10-4. This going to be sumo friendly or is Bueller going to be Bueller?

Bueller
Tue Nov 2nd, 2010, 07:07 PM
:lol: Friendly or doable?
There won't be much in the way of dirt roads :idea:

Vehicle 1
Tue Nov 2nd, 2010, 07:18 PM
hmmm... don't trust you Dave, I'll take the pumpkin if you say doable, the sumo if you say friendly :lol:

Bueller
Tue Nov 2nd, 2010, 07:40 PM
Route TBD, contingent on the projected turn out, so that is as definate of a maybe as I can muster.

DucWise
Thu Nov 4th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Any tentative time and meeting place for this? I might definatley see about the possibility of maybe joining in :o Although if the HPR day on Sunday is a go I will probably save my old and tired body for that.

Otherwise I WILL be out at Rampart trying to figure out how the heck to ride this new 2-stoke beasty I just picked up (my 1st smoker in eons). I need a ton of practice on it. Thinking about riding the last RMEC event of the year the following weekend up in Milliken :zap:

DucWise
Thu Nov 4th, 2010, 01:48 PM
OP updated with pertinent info, I would like to get a head count to know if it is going to be lonery.

I won't know fer shur until noon-ish tomorrow. :|

Bueller
Thu Nov 4th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Oh I hear ya, I would think HPR should probably go this weekend, wish I could afford it, but if nobody wants to ride the Rampart I might end up at IMI trashing the 250.

Matty
Thu Nov 4th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Dave if you wanna hit up IMI on Saturday instead and wouldn't mind picking me up, let me know. not sure if i can go yet. but i might be able change some plans.

D Berns R6
Thu Nov 4th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Oh I hear ya, I would think HPR should probably go this weekend, wish I could afford it, but if nobody wants to ride the Rampart I might end up at IMI trashing the 250.

i'm down for imi this weekend, need to get on my new, to me, sumo...

Zach929rr
Thu Nov 4th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Aiden's b-day is Saturday else I'd be in.

Vehicle 1
Thu Nov 4th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Aiden's b-day is Saturday else I'd be in.
+1

I have Sunday open though.... ;)

Doron&Katie
Fri Nov 5th, 2010, 11:46 AM
I can ride rampart 11-6.

Bueller
Fri Nov 5th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Well it looks like I get to work Saturday to cover someone else's job while they are off hunting so I am going to switch days and places. I am going to plan on IMI Sunday the 7th. I am probably going to bring a dirt bike along with the ninja for those long breaks for the karts.

Vehicle 1
Fri Nov 5th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Ok, I will probably take the sumo and meet you there Dave. Let me know at what time you are planing on going.

gen2rt
Fri Nov 5th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Where's IMI - is that a track day?

Jack in Colo Springs

Bueller
Fri Nov 5th, 2010, 03:09 PM

Jack in Colo Springs

Yes it is a track, there is asphalt $35 or Dirt (several tracks to choose from, or just open riding) for $12 or $15 I don't recall.

Gates open 9 or 10 but I won't get there 'till around 11 probably.

no bike prep and only helmet and gloves required but full gear is recommended.

North of Denver, exit 232
http://imimotorsports.com/

Losta supermoto (DRZ) fags like the place :lol:

Matty
Fri Nov 5th, 2010, 03:10 PM

Jack in Colo Springs
Go-kart track that allows bikes, up in Erie...... long drive/ride north from the Springs.

Dave... i'll give ya a call later today or tomorrow.

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Nov 5th, 2010, 03:26 PM
that really screws with the thread! Funny read if you don't realize the OP has been edited.

D Berns R6
Fri Nov 5th, 2010, 03:41 PM
I'll be there sunday as well...yellow yz450f

Bueller
Sat Nov 6th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Hey Burns you going to GJ instead? I wouldn't blame you that is an awesome track, hopefully the dirt is open for ya, and watered :lol:

With the time change tonight and the fact that the new puppy has gotten used to getting up at 4:00am lately, I am going to try to be there @ opening (10:00) and get some laps before the karts so I will be there most of the day

Matty
Sat Nov 6th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Marc and Monica are picking me up around 9:30. So we'll be there a lil after 10.

tecknojoe
Sat Nov 6th, 2010, 04:27 PM
<- considering bringing out the WR. not sure yet

D Berns R6
Sat Nov 6th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Hey Burns you going to GJ instead? I wouldn't blame you that is an awesome track, hopefully the dirt is open for ya, and watered :lol:

With the time change tonight and the fact that the new puppy has gotten used to getting up at 4:00am lately, I am going to try to be there @ opening (10:00) and get some laps before the karts so I will be there most of the day

Yes, Will Sequino offered a ride down to GJ so I'm taking him up on it. Should be fun, and I guess the dirt won't open till 2:30ish. Hope to do an IMI trip if the weather holds out...

Repsol a095
Sat Nov 6th, 2010, 07:02 PM
I'm in!

Joe, bring the wr!

tecknojoe
Sat Nov 6th, 2010, 07:42 PM
I think I'm out, remember my tires are gettin pretty low. Tearing them up all morning on pavement will pretty much end them.

Do you guys normally ride out to IMI or take a truck w/ fuel and other shit like a track day?

brennahm
Sat Nov 6th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Most guys truck/trailer up. But you can ride if you want.

Repsol a095
Sat Nov 6th, 2010, 07:58 PM
I am trucking up tomorrow. I am going to bring fuel, tools, food, and water. Joe, you can play in the dirt, so you can save those tires. Honestly, it takes a lot with these little bikes to rip up the tires unless you are sliding it into the turns. I totally understand if you don't want to do it though. We will hit it together next time.

Henry, get your butt out there tomorrow; it would be great to ride with you there.

brennahm
Sat Nov 6th, 2010, 08:51 PM
I'd rather save my $35 for a tank of fuel to go boarding.

Bueller
Sat Nov 6th, 2010, 08:52 PM
I think I'm out, remember my tires are gettin pretty low. Tearing them up all morning on pavement will pretty much end them.

Do you guys normally ride out to IMI or take a truck w/ fuel and other shit like a track day?

You don't need knobs for the winter might as well use em up.

tecknojoe
Sat Nov 6th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Yea I guess I'm used sportbike track days, I'd never run low tires on the R6. but yea I'm still gonna pass for tomorrow. I'm shit pooped from snowboarding today. I feel like sleeping and being a lazy shit, then regretting my decision not to go around 1pm

in other news, i explored a little bike trail near my house today, then it narrowed and I got thrown into a bush and stuck with the WR :lol:

brennahm
Sat Nov 6th, 2010, 09:10 PM
You don't need knobs for the winter might as well use em up.

He has a WR250X.

Vehicle 1
Sun Nov 7th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Good day guys! Being slow sucks, but had a blast!

Repsol a095
Sun Nov 7th, 2010, 04:25 PM
You are not slow, Diego! It was tough keeping up with you.

That was a great day; I learned a ton.

I freakin' love IMI!

Let's do it again soon before the snow hits.

Bueller
Sun Nov 7th, 2010, 06:03 PM
That was good time, you guys shoulda stuck around for the last session it was the best one of the day :devil1:

I am beat to hell, running the dirt was a lot of work, really beat my wrist up on a couple of those landings.
:
Great to see everyone that came out to play and visit

Matty
Sun Nov 7th, 2010, 06:31 PM
That was good time, you guys shoulda stuck around for the last session it was the best one of the day :devil1:

Ya it was!!!!

I got mixed up with that streetfighter and 3 other tard battle for the first 7 or 8 laps of the last sesion. I NEED MORE DISPLACEMENT!!!!! Scrapping pegs and outbraking in all the corners just to get left in the dust after each turn. :banghead:

Anyways, great riding with everyone.

Bueller
Sun Nov 7th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Ya it was!!!!

I got mixed up with that streetfighter and 3 other tard battle for the first 7 or 8 laps of the last sesion. I NEED MORE DISPLACEMENT!!!!! Scrapping pegs and outbraking in all the corners just to get left in the dust after each turn. :banghead:

Anyways, great riding with everyone.

250cc's is a good size me thinks 8)

Matty
Sun Nov 7th, 2010, 06:46 PM
250cc's is a good size me thinks 8)
it is... i do like mine. However, not all 250s are a like!!!

Repsol a095
Sun Nov 7th, 2010, 07:04 PM
it is... i do like mine. However, not all 250s are a like!!!

Time for a DRZ!

tecknojoe
Sun Nov 7th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Time for a DRZ!

:roll:

yamaha ftw

Bueller
Mon Nov 8th, 2010, 06:19 AM
:roll:

yamaha ftw

KTM FTMFW!

Matty
Mon Nov 8th, 2010, 06:30 AM
KTM FTMFW!

:up:
Possibly my next bike. KTM 690 SMC, Waiting to see what the '11 model looks like. Need to sell the zx6r first though. However, if Yamaha decides to come out with a WR450X or Suzuki updates the DRZ, tough decisions will have to be made.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/housegroover/2010-KTM-690-SMC-Side-View-588x367.jpg

Vehicle 1
Mon Nov 8th, 2010, 07:28 AM
tough decisions will have to be made.

:lol:

Matty
Mon Nov 8th, 2010, 07:49 AM
:lol:
Hahaha...

D Berns R6
Mon Nov 8th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Glad you guys had fun. I had a blast at grand junction, 6 bikes showed and all left around 3 so I had the track to myself from 3-5. Now if the weather could hold up so I could go to IMI... oh yeah, i can barely walk today 8)

Bueller
Mon Nov 8th, 2010, 03:25 PM
I actually don't much care for an empty track, so much more fun with other bikes to chase and play with.
IMI will be ridable all winter, as soon as the snow melts you can ride, the dirt however is usually too wet.

Ricky
Mon Nov 8th, 2010, 03:30 PM
I will agree that having people on the track, is a great thing. I often find myself matching the speed of the guy in front of me, to start hitting jumps I've not hit hard enough in the past. It gives a great reference for the next thousand times you hit that jump, and others like it.

I hit up rampart yesterday, and it couldn't have been more perfect. I'm already itching to go again.