PDA

View Full Version : Harley Davidson to assemble bikes in India

TFOGGuys
Thu Nov 4th, 2010, 04:40 PM
http://www.motorcycleproductnews.com/Item/81234/harleydavidson_announces_ckd_assembly_operations_i n_india.aspx

sprtbkbabe
Thu Nov 4th, 2010, 09:13 PM
So, everyone thinks China is the next world domination? Pfft... India has become the outsourcing capital. :devious:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Nov 4th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Woohoo! A free Slurpee with every HD!:guinness:

Captain Obvious
Thu Nov 4th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Woohoo! A free Slurpee with every HD!:guinness:

No, I think it means free sticky fingerprints on each new bike.

Captain Obvious
Thu Nov 4th, 2010, 09:42 PM
So, everyone thinks China is the next world domination? Pfft... India has become the outsourcing capital. :devious:

HD has been working on a China factory and to be able to increase sales for a while. One can only assume the more open economy allows India to be first, but not for lack of HD trying in China.

salsashark
Fri Nov 5th, 2010, 07:04 AM
mehhh... no different than any other company. HD is shipping parts kits to India to be assembled there, thus avoiding import tariffs on completed vehicles. As much as I do not like HD, it's a sound business decision, and not the first time HD has done this.

Hell... how many parts in the "All American" Ford F-150 or Dodge Ram are made in other countries only to be assembled in the US?

Sleev
Fri Nov 5th, 2010, 09:12 AM
an Indian Harley Davidson? Ironical

TFOGGuys
Fri Nov 5th, 2010, 09:14 AM
The way I read the article, it would seem that HD is assembling bikes in India fro sale there, taking advantage of the emerging market. I could be wrong... :tomato:

MetaLord 9
Fri Nov 5th, 2010, 09:33 AM
an Indian Harley Davidson? Ironical
:lol: