PDA

View Full Version : Anybody not use EBC pads?

Quick636
Tue Apr 12th, 2005, 09:59 PM
I am needing to buy some brake pads, and was wondering if anyone has any experience with anything other than EBC. Thats what I ran last time and was not exactly thrilled with them, although my brake problems might have had something to do with that.

I am open to sugggestions. They will see mostly "spirited" canyon running, and an occasional track day.

Anonymous
Wed Apr 13th, 2005, 01:42 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm running the street compound EBC's on my R1 and haven't had any problems with them. :dunno:

On my racebike, I use Performance Friction, and they are just awesome! :rock: I'm not sure what they offer for the street, but give Brian at TK a call & he'll let you know what's up. 8)

BlueDevil
Wed Apr 13th, 2005, 06:59 AM
I been usung the EBC kit pads. Im very happy with them.
Ive got some Ferodo XR on order to try..........

Anonymous
Wed Apr 13th, 2005, 09:25 AM
I've used the Performance Friction pads and like them. I am actually a dealer for Vesrah Race pads now as well, I'm told they are *da bomb* and plan on trying a set next. (I can get the Vesrah's for anyone here that wants them, however I will *not* be selling them trackside since Racer Supply already handles that for the MRA. I can deliver to Breck tho. :up:

Mel
Wed Apr 13th, 2005, 09:29 AM
What kind of prices can you get on Vesrah's? For say...a GSXR 750 (97 technically)?
Has anyone else used those on street? How do they do? I have used the EBC race version for years and been quite happy with them.

Anonymous
Wed Apr 13th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Do you want street or race pads Mel? Different animals (though I can get both).

Quick636
Wed Apr 13th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Well I went ahead and tried the EBC pads again. I think it was more that my rotors were glazed last time I put pads on, therfore they never got properly broken in.

If they don't perform like I think they should, I might just go your route Ralph.

kevplus2
Wed Apr 13th, 2005, 08:03 PM
which ebc' quick? i used to run ferrodos and am trying the ebc hh pads this time and they are loads better. probably not a fair comparison since the ferrodos were probably the organics (cant quite remember)

anyway, the ebc hhs slow the fat tillis down with a quickness

Quick636
Wed Apr 13th, 2005, 08:43 PM
The hh street pads again.

I just got it put back together this afternoon, so we will see once the pads are seated. I reworked the whole braking system so if I don't see some major improvements I'm gonna go buy a suzuki or something :lol:

Lurch
Thu Apr 14th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Just a note. If you are switching pads it is best to bead blast your rotors. Especially if you are switching brands. You will glaze a set of pads in no time if you don't bead blast.

Also if you ride on the track change your fluid 2-3 times a year and use very good brake fluid. No the cheap crap at Checker and not DOT 5. If you spill that on the track you will not make many friends.

Lurch