PDA

View Full Version : [Downtown] Fundraiser at Leela European Cafe, 15th and Champa

merlin
Sat Nov 6th, 2010, 12:26 PM
So - I need to raise some money for my godson's funeral. My first attempt at this will be Sunday, 11/7 at 15th and Champa at 6pm. Come by, have a cup of coffee, hang out, and if the spirit moves you drop a buck in the donation buckets on the bar. Bring your bikes and we'll make an impromptu bike show out of the deal.

If you don't live in Denver and want to make a donation, the paypal is lyondiago@gmail.com.

I haven't posted the story, so here's what's going on:

On Oct 18, my Godson, Lyon (pronounced Leon) Campos was rushed to the hospital not breathing. His EEG was flatlined and he had a severe brain bleed. On 20 October at 10pm he was taken off life support, and he died at 10:13pm. He was 11 weeks old.

Since then, his father Joaquin has been arrested for "Knowing child abuse leading to death". His mother Angela is completely broke, as Joaquin was the primary breadwinner for the family. She has NO money to bury Lyon. I've paid for the funeral home, but we still need to pay for the casket, burial plot, grave expenses, graveside service, etc etc etc. None of this is cheap, and Angela does not want to simply have her child cremated. Since she wants a traditional funeral and burial... I am going to do my best to provide her with one.

I hope to see you there,
Merlyn